Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by nagarifle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 pm

well done,
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Safarigent wrote:I have finally got my arms license.

The LG had directed the ACP licensing to meet me and 'consider' my application.

I went there with my lawyer, armed with all the paperwork of the case and copies of appropriate rulings. Waited for a while and then met him.

You would expect someone helpful and pleasant, but this was some one with a distinct thuggish personality. What complete imbeciles reach such posts in life!!!

Upon my asking him questions, he tells me very officiously and arrogantly, ki itne sawal pucho ge to range par hamesha miss karoge. Mr. T*****, if I become a R.S. tomorrow, you can be sure to get a photocopy of the same.
he asked me as to why I wanted a license, and I told him that I wanted to take up skeet/trap shooting and am starting now.

Asked me about certificates from previous competitions, and I told him that I am just starting out. Wasn't very happy about that, but I was waiting for him to raise an objection on that. he didn't.

He finally says, as though a big favour has been bestowed on me that "I will give you the licence for an year, after that we will see, if you have taken part in any competitions and will renew it then". Well, that's no problem but the tone was insulting. I thanked god that this man isn't my father and that I don't have to suffer him 24/7.

I walked out and now I am waiting for the licence to come.

Thanks all of you, for your help and encouragement.
Safarigent,
sorry i didn;t see this post earlier.anyhow your hard work has paid.
this Acp of yours is threatening you .you don't need to have competed to renew a licence. he is trying to intimidate you.i hate this attitude.i really wonder how they get into such high position!! :deadhorse:
whatever it is you have won, :cheers:
have you got the gun?
happy shooting friend.
regards

Rolf
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rolf » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11 am

Congrats. It's nothing short of a feat given that the entire system is nothing but a paradox. Only in India can you possibly find agriculturists moving around in Audi Q7 and BMW X7 and still not pay taxes and still own firearms. If agricultural income is not taxable because agriculturists are supposed to be poor then how can they afford imported SUVs and why would a poor man need a gun? Whom has he to fear and where is the threat to his life? It is even more absurd when you are told you have to provide evidence of participation in shooting to own a licence, as in the case of Mr Mehta.
The hair will turn white but the heart will remain black as ever

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:21 pm

@ Safarigent , Congrats for your eagerness to own a weapon, great effort bro.... :)
How much time altogether it took to get your license????.I also want to apply for the same and am a member of rifle club in kerala. :)

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Rolf,

I hope you shall forgive me, but I take umbrage at your note that agriculturists are rich beyond means and face no threat to their lives. I beg to differ as I am am agriculturist myself. I quit my job in Bombay to take up agriculture and now shuttle between 2 farms. My daily driver is an ordinary jeep(I love it, my wife hates it), not an SUV.

Agriculture can be back breaking and involves quite some risk taking. Moreover, one is often moving around with cash which quite a few people knowing about it. Your produce is always under threat of being waylaid (it has happened to me, the nearest police being 52 kms.away) and enough rowdies to keep you on your toes.

It is but natural that licensing authorities keep this view in mind that when they issue licenses. In urban areas most firearms license applications are for handguns. That's why the LA is always sceptical about issuing licenses. I would add that their screening process is not optimised and is generally the reason they reject just about all applications.

It is the exemption of agricultural income from taxation under the Income Tax Act (although any other income is to be clubbed for taxation purposes) that is taken advantage of by quite a few elements in our country, thereby giving a bad name to agriculturists as a whole.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 pm

All,

Does anyone have contact informatoin for Safarigent. I am in a similar situation where I need to appeal to the Delhi LG since my arms license application has been rejected for sports. I have participation certificates for GVM competitions. I have pm'd Safarigent but I am not sure he accessess his account too often. His exprience through this excercise will be immensely helpful.

SS

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 pm

send him a pm, which is on the right hand side of the post. go to his post and click on the pm
Nagarifle

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 pm

send him a pm, which is on the right hand side of the post. go to his post and click on the pm
Nagarifle

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Arjun,

My hat's off to you, sir.
Your perseverance has paid off.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 am

I am here all the time.
:)
Ss, check your inbox.
To Excellence through Diligence.

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:56 am

AB,

The lawyer's drafted an appeal and will be submitting it to the LG office within the next 2 days. Will keep my fingers crossed! Will keep you posted on how it progresses.

-SS

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Congrats. It's nothing short of a feat given that the entire system is nothing but a paradox. Only in India can you possibly find agriculturists moving around in Audi Q7 and BMW X7 and still not pay taxes and still own firearms. If agricultural income is not taxable because agriculturists are supposed to be poor then how can they afford imported SUVs and why would a poor man need a gun? Whom has he to fear and where is the threat to his life? It is even more absurd when you are told you have to provide evidence of participation in shooting to own a licence, as in the case of Mr Mehta.
The hair will turn white but the heart will remain black as ever
Rolf

Mr Rolf, Being an agriculturist and owning top end cars is a rarity and only a few in a million in INDIA. I pity your lack of exposure on farming or their work or lifestyle. I hold you on par with our beloved MONTEK SINGH ALUVALIA. I am an Mech. Engineer by qualification and a full time agriculturist. It is always and near hand to mouth existence for 95% of the farmers. On the question of owning guns by farmers, It is the only help at hand for a farmer. Be it snakes, wild boars, elephants and Dacoits, especially in my place,on the foothills of the western ghats it is the only insurance for your life and property. Farmers cannot predict their income based on land holding, quantum of produce, and quality and also the vagaries of nature that is why being very erratic it is not taxed. They are always at the mercy of (PIMPS) their marketers who decide what the farmer gets. A bumper crop can be sold for a song overnight due to market trends after six months of toil. It is akin to a wait at the maternity hospital. It may be boy or girl or undeveloped or a stillborn ( no takers even for transport costs). That is why there are suicides. Friend please enlighten your self about this pitiable community.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:39 am

SS wrote:AB,

The lawyer's drafted an appeal and will be submitting it to the LG office within the next 2 days. Will keep my fingers crossed! Will keep you posted on how it progresses.

-SS

All the best my friend

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Going OTP, this is my reward for preservering. Enjoy:

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 57#p158857

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:39 pm

congrats Safarigent on your license. I keep reading about these licensing horror stories and wonder when our system will be clean of all this BS? Here in the US, NRA is a very strong entity. I like the way they promote NRA and I think NAGRI also should do the same. Here they have many gun clubs but if you want to become a member of any of the gunclubs, you have to be a member of the NRA. Without NRA membership you cannot enroll in the club. Well its not the mandate from NRA but its the mandate from local gunclubs. Pretty cool.

I haven't heard much licensing stories from anybody living in Mumbai where I am from. So either getting a license is very easy in Mumbai.. or.. just impossible :) it cannot be the first.. so is it the latter ? :D

SS, I would encourage you to pls share your story .. what happened to your license?