Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by prashantsingh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Safarigent wrote: also, i am wondering if there is any shotgun and/or rifle safety course that can be done by me in the meantime to further butress my claims?
i know it is not required by law but heck if it helps, then why not?
You have already done that in Africa. Shot the animals you were after, and no one else. :D :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:43 pm

prashantsingh wrote:
Safarigent wrote: also, i am wondering if there is any shotgun and/or rifle safety course that can be done by me in the meantime to further butress my claims?
i know it is not required by law but heck if it helps, then why not?
You have already done that in Africa. Shot the animals you were after, and no one else. :D :D
:agree: :agree:
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 pm

:cheers:

i am not even going to mention that to the buggers in the licensing branch.
they are a bunch of foggies. they might just take that as an objection!!!!
To Excellence through Diligence.

jimgun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jimgun » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:06 pm

"as far as the sports category goes, he asked me to show him some certificates of competitions i had taken part in."
hello,
accordingly, even some of my dad's friend had the same problem of........."certificates".
at that time, my father recommended him that the certificate was not for participation, but it was for the arms handling,safety & training" certificate.
if u could check for what the govt.officials specifically demanded which certificate, i guess u'r problem may be resolved if u could get an arms handling ,training,safety precautions certificate.
the certificate is probably given only in govt.approved arms training institutes, & then only after training session ,which could last for a few hours,they issue the certificate. we did help him find a training institute.it was in pune[maharashtra], named as something .... mandliks / rana's training,& arms handling institute.the fee they charged was about 2500/-approx.[ this include 2 hours training ,they allow u to shoot some 20shots from the weapon, which u wish to apply license for ].
i guess even u'r appointment with the senior govt. babu's might demand the same certificate.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Nice tips on licensing. I'm saving the page with me.
And yes, please let us know in case you used the GF reason, it would be inexcusable to miss this case then :D
Nothing else much, I guess you're more seasoned now with your practical knowledge.
Just one thing - like already said:
Limited, to the point straight forward answers in the interview; when required from you (not your lawyer). I'd say till the point your lawyer can cover, you don't say something and give them an opening.
All the best for the remaining process Mr. Mehta. We're all following this one keenly :)

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:54 am

hi everybody here in haryana is diffrent scene.its quite a small state and every person has the approach of every leader of ruling party.arm licenses are granted pramierly on self defence.but from one and half year they are denaying arm licenses as it was directed by central government.as i mentioned people have aproach to their leader and matter is of vote bank leaders called to grant license to licensing authorty to needy person but the burocrates found another way they denied to issue home guard certificate and a single certificate is not issued past 8 or 10 months.so peoples are running every where to get these certificates which is mendentory in application of firearms without which even babus are not permitted to accept a application for fire arm thanks

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 am

the issue here is not of approaching people i know.
everyone in india knows some one.
from the beginning i have kept my parents and friends out of this loop as i want to do this properly.
thats why i am undergoing the inconvenience of the case being taken up and time being wasted.
these people are smug and drunk on their power and this state of affairs cant go on.
where does it say that i need participatory certificates to get a license? cant i wish to start now? and maybe i am not lucky to have a mentor trust me with his/her gun. so what do i do? i got my safety certificate. i got my medical certificate. what else do they need next? what other reason can they come up with next to deny me what is rightfully mine?
the recent outrage on the high court wasnt perpetrated by those cowards holding fire arms. nor do the naxals wait for getting their licenses before they take up arms against the government. are the terrorists in j & k lining up to fill out application forms for .315s and .30-06s?
i want this to go the whole way, so that there is a decent precedent for some unlucky soul who gets caught in this quagmire next.
i am going to take my lawyer and i dont care if the babu doesnt give assent. i would rather welcome it and put in an RTI against him too.
i wanted to be shooting and practising by now, but by lord, i didnt want to do that paying bribes and grovelling in front of some one or asking favours for something which is my right. i am a responsible citizen and i act on my duties, ergo i want my rights too.
jai hind

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:11 am

but from one and half year they are denaying arm licenses as it was directed by central government.
The Central Government directive is illegal and unconstitutional. RKBA is a fundamental right guaranteed by Articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution of India. Arms Act 1959 is just a regulatory law to regulate this fundamental right. It is due to the ignorance of the people that they are running here and there or flocking in front of leaders etc.
i didnt want to do that paying bribes and grovelling in front of some one or asking favours for something which is my right.
Excellent. You have another High Court judgment to back your case that says RKBA is a Fundamental Right http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... =4#p147708
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I have finally got my arms license.

The LG had directed the ACP licensing to meet me and 'consider' my application.
he asked me as to why I wanted a license, and I told him that I wanted to take up skeet/trap shooting and am starting now.

Asked me about certificates from previous competitions, and I told him that I am just starting out. Wasn't very happy about that, but I was waiting for him to raise an objection on that. he didn't.

He finally says, as though a big favour has been bestowed on me that "I will give you the licence for an year, after that we will see, if you have taken part in any competitions and will renew it then". Well, that's no problem.

I walked out and now I am waiting for the licence to come.

Thanks all of you, for your help and encouragement.
Last edited by Safarigent on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Bloody good show! Now go and give a bloody nose to Mr. T***** after a year! :twisted:
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 pm

i intend on sir.
himmat e marda, madad e khuda

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Congratulations Arjun.
That's great news.
Now get yourself a nice O/U and we will shoot traps from horseback. :D :D

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Congratulations buddy... @ DOC SAAB sure u wanna shoot clays from the horse back.. :wink:
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Just trying to invent something new Capt saab . :wink:
Jokes apart .
I am actually surprised that Arjun got it so soon.

I guess one has to have the will to persue something and sooner or later he is bound to succeed.
A cousin of mine put in his application to transfer his father's gun onto his name. He has really not persued the matter and his file is stacked up somewhere in a sarkaari daftar collecting dust.

Arjun's case is an inspiration for all those who have applied for an arms licence.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Excellent work! I am going to apply for a license tomorrow for a gun. I have put in the same reasons- sports (trap and skeet shooting at Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range).

I've got the documents ready- went today with the documents but they did not find the affidavit according to their requirements.

I have got a few certificates of GVM but those were in the .22 category. I'm hoping the authority considers those. I don't have any 'strings' I can pull so will keep my fingers crossed.

All- Any suggestions that could help make my case stronger?