Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by renjith747 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:AB,so they browbeat you into accepting something that you know is not legally correct... and then you talk of the rest of your country men being cowards.
There is only one Arms act in India but the policies of the licensing authority is different in various districts even in one state.This is why some people face problems eventhough case is genuine.

I know people who got license for shotty and renewed at times without any problem for sports who even don't fire at a clay Target in their life till now.This is the current situation in various places in india.While issuing fresh arms license licensing authority seeks reports from police,revenue and forest based on Arms act , unfortunately many times violation of the same takes place.

This will continue till there comes strong ammendments for favouring sports.In the case of self defense there are court judgements favouring the grant of license for same but I didn't saw any judgements in favour of shooting sports. :(

I hope the movements from NAGRI may bring some change in future.

Regards
Renjith

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Winnie the pooh, dont you think it rankles me the most?
I have done more than my share.
The only reason that i did not insist for the 3 year thing was the immediate threat of my arms license being confiscated and my weapons being deposited. I would have ultimately gotten the renewal and my weapons back. But in how much time? If you appeal today to the l.g. The date given is around 3-4 months away. How am i supposed to shoot the nationals when my shotgun is locked away with some arms dealer?
And if i dont take part/ do well this time, they will creat trouble next time.
And who will pay for my training? I have put everything into this and cant carry on for much longer.
So sometimes my friend, just sometimes, its important to put your sarcasm on the backseat and not say things for the heck of saying it.
To Excellence through Diligence.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Safarigent wrote:Winnie the pooh, dont you think it rankles me the most?
I have done more than my share.
The only reason that i did not insist for the 3 year thing was the immediate threat of my arms license being confiscated and my weapons being deposited. I would have ultimately gotten the renewal and my weapons back. But in how much time? If you appeal today to the l.g. The date given is around 3-4 months away. How am i supposed to shoot the nationals when my shotgun is locked away with some arms dealer?
And if i dont take part/ do well this time, they will creat trouble next time.
And who will pay for my training? I have put everything into this and cant carry on for much longer.
So sometimes my friend, just sometimes, its important to put your sarcasm on the backseat and not say things for the heck of saying it.
I agree. The ludicrous policies adopted by the various licensing agencies have reduced us to beggars. And beggars can not be choosers!

We have to beg for a license, state endorsement, quota enhancement and additional weapons.

My appeal is scheduled for Jan 2013! Assuming that it goes well, it will be an uphill battle to find an affordable / reliable gun. Isn't it sad that we have to settle for substandard, antiquated weapons even if after paying 20-30 times the international rates? and even if you find a gun then what about repairs / spares / ammunition?

In a way we all have been browbeaten into accepting this, most of us just shrug our shoulders and carry on. But the few that do fight have to concede at times to pursue a greater goal. At times, you must lose a battle to win the war!

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Fellow IFGians and gun enthusiasts I think we should all meet in person or via video conference , invite top cops and judges for day or two and draft our own version of the ARMS ACT and RULES in todays' context and bring about a unambiguous easy to understand and clear cut version and present it to the media , MHA and supreme court.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Safarigent, the path you have chosen is not the path of the brave.Call it practical but not brave.The same options are sometimes presented to others whom you label as 'cowards'.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:39 pm

WTP, call it what you may, i call it prudent. Now if you were to sponsor my training for the next year, i would be more than happy to chant my war cry and entertain the likes of you, sitting and tapping away on a computer.

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Guys I know that I may sound like a broken record here, but its high time now and we need to take this to the Supreme Court... we all need to pool in our resources (time and money) and fight this out...
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Safarigent, the path you have chosen is not the path of the brave..
Arjun has spent a lot of (hard earned ) money to pursue his passion in this sport. From fighting for his gun licence (lawyers fee and all the running around) , to picking up a nice "imported" gun, to taking it abroad and getting it done up to his specifications and then spending hours together on the range .
Unlike Air Gun shooting ........Skeet is an expensive sport.

If given an option I would have done the same.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Prashant, I would have done the same....but then he should not have gone on about 'cowards'. Bravery is doing the right thing regardless of the consequences.By not standing up to to the licensing authority,has not Safarigent also acted like the 'cowards' before him ? Therefore,is not his statement a bit hypocritical ?

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm

There is the same difference between foolishness and bravery as there is between prudence and cowardice my old friend!
Look them up in the dictionary.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:AB,so they browbeat you into accepting something that you know is not legally correct... and then you talk of the rest of your country men being cowards.
Its the need that drives people towards taking shortcuts. Its just the need of the hour, and the babus know it. Its very easy to browbeat one person and there would never be a "morcha" of people trying to change the renewal system.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Right, folks, lets stay on topic which is dealing with the licensing procedures and hurdles.Thank you.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:Safarigent, the path you have chosen is not the path of the brave.Call it practical but not brave.The same options are sometimes presented to others whom you label as 'cowards'.
Q: Why the British were able to enter India and rule us for 200 years ? - 5 Marks
Ans: Because the small and big kings in India were busy fighting among each other.

correct.

So lets not argue coz we all know we have one "enemy" and its the system.

avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by avi88 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 am

Today order has been passed by LG to grant me a firearm license. I would like to thank Arjun for this as he took the initiative and I followed him.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am

avi88 wrote:Today order has been passed by LG to grant me a firearm license. I would like to thank Arjun for this as he took the initiative and I followed him.
Congrats man, so did you get the license in India ?

I believe you still need the import license to get the firearm on TR from Australia correct ?