Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
soumithra.177
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by soumithra.177 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Congratulations once again.
Wish more celebations and more podium finishes.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Today i went for my renewal.

What a clusterf*€k!
First they said that they will cancel the license and that i will have to apply again.
I was asked to go deposit my weapons and wait until the process was complete.
No one even saw the proof of the 8 tournaments i had taken part in, the medals i had won etc.
I kept on running around the place trying to find someone to talk to.
Eventually a lady officer listened to me and was helpful.
But the inspector who was handling my case had messed up and made incorrect notings on my file.
So she passed orders which were in good faith but still not helpful.
Eventually they gave me a copy of the letter which they were going to send to the local police station for my charcter and conduct verification as per the condition on my arms license.
I refused to accept this as it was incorrect. Eventually the inspector arms, went through my file and saw that wrong notings had been made in my file. After a few more hours of clarifying things and unneccesary trouble, i was given a choice of a renewal for one year again, without making a noting as to the reason for the same or to confiscate my license and firearms, pending the police report and give me the license for 3 years.

I told them to give an years validity and to be done with it.
From 10 in the morning to 6.30 in the evening.
No accountability for those who did wrong and the few good ones who help are overshadowed by their malicious, malodorous and idiotic bretheren!
But, i am glad that the lady officer and the inspector arms were helpful.
Without them i would have been packing my guns away tonight.

Its not easy and it is humiliating.
And all this happens because a nation of a billion is a nation of cowards.
Dont rock the boat, work within the system, grease palms where required, use contacts and this will go on.
No one shooter has risen on their own. And no one can. Because of this.
They wont change the system, because it benefits them and we wont because we are too scared of taking on the authorities and asking for our rights.
Chickensh*it i believe is the word.
Applies to all of us who sit here preening on about rights and what ought to be done and what not. No one is ready to take on the system.
Its sad.
Last edited by Safarigent on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Excellence through Diligence.

soumithra.177
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by soumithra.177 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Very sorry mate......
this is what we call India and home for brainless neta's country.
I just pray got to give some brains to those clowns, so that they can know the difference between a criminal and a sport person.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Probably very true.
Applies to all of us who sit here preening on about rights and what ought to be done and what not. No one is ready to take on the system.
The frustration is understandable but the system has been built to do exactly this and subverted to the core.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 pm

hay amigo, yap know what you mean and went through. remember we too can horseass them with RTIs. its our PM given rights from which they can not hide.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

Wow! rotten to the core. I don't know how long will it take to correct this or is it FUBAR :(

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 am

Safarigent wrote:Today i went for my renewal.

What a clusterf*€k!
First they said that they will cancel the license and that i will have to apply again.
I was asked to go deposit my weapons and wait until the process was complete.
No one even saw the proof of the 8 tournaments i had taken part in, the medals i had won etc.
I kept on running around the place trying to find someone to talk to.
Eventually a lady officer listened to me and was helpful.
But the inspector who was handling my case had messed up and made incorrect notings on my file.
So she passed orders which were in good faith but still not helpful.
Eventually they gave me a copy of the letter which they were going to send to the local police station for my charcter and conduct verification as per the condition on my arms license.
I refused to accept this as it was incorrect. Eventually the inspector arms, went through my file and saw that wrong notings had been made in my file. After a few more hours of clarifying things and unneccesary trouble, i was given a choice of a renewal for one year again, without making a noting as to the reason for the same or to confiscate my license and firearms, pending the police report and give me the license for 3 years.

I told them to give an years validity and to be done with it.
From 10 in the morning to 6.30 in the evening.
No accountability for those who did wrong and the few good ones who help are overshadowed by their malicious, malodorous and idiotic bretheren!
But, i am glad that the lady officer and the inspector arms were helpful.
Without them i would have been packing my guns away tonight.

Its not easy and it is humiliating.
Dont rock the boat, work within the system, grease palms where required, use contacts and this will go on.
No one shooter has risen on their own. And no one can. Because of this.
They wont change the system, because it benefits them and we wont because we are too scared of taking on the authorities and asking for our rights.
Chickensh*it i believe is the word.
Its sad.

And I thought your renewal would be a cake walk.
After all the tournaments you have won.
Unbelievable Arjun..
I can only hope things get better in the future.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am

Its ok.
I know those guys are upset with me.
I will put up my rti questions and their answers which hopefully will help many others.
How many stories do we find here of people taking things in their own hands and fighting for a cause?
Kandarp and ss.
2 chaps. Thats it.
Its our fault.
Its an innate trait to do things quietly and not help others. We all do it.
So till such time as that continues, we will continue to find life becoming more difficult and having jugaad all that more important.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:21 pm

I read the post 3 times to be sure I was reading it right. WTF! If you don't deserve a renewal then who does?! In the first place you shouldn't have had to 'earn' a renewal, now that you did they mess it up with this bull crap. I agree with Prashant, I thought yours would be a cakewalk.

I have not participated in even one competition till now but if they reject my renewal I sure am going to pursue it to a acceptable end.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Seriously WTF!!! I wonder if they will start creating issues with renewals for self-defense based on the fact that the person has not had to kill anyone within the previous validity!

I agree with your statements about a nation of cowards and palm greasers. The other day I had to create a big scene outside PVR select city mall because they wouldn't allow me to take some chewing gum with me! The security guard there was like 'Saab isse pheek do, bahar naya le leena" idiots could not show me the rules where it says that chewing gum is not allowed in the premises!

I too have sent RTIs to the MHA and Delhi Police Licensing and will be posting their responses once I receive these.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

SS and Kandarp,
Get ready for this when your license comes up for renewal. Go there a month before. Or maybe two months, because if you are going to honestly fight it out, you will need that much time at the very least!
And think about what proof you will be attaching. Or start getting answers via rti!

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:42 pm

@ Safarigent why are they not willing to renew your licence (3yrs)for sports as you are a proved shooter???.By the way arms act doesn't even mention that competition certificates are mandatory for the renewal...it says a smooth bore shall be given for sports nothing more nothing less.I know you will feel very bad as you won some medals and had taken shooting sports with much dedication.The recent circular from the govt doesn't even mention about license should be restricted for sports and cartridge limitation (50 nos).Totaly that's a crappy one.In that it mentions that area of validity can be extended to 3 STATES for sports persons if my knowledge is true.
I think they wants some bribe from you that's all.Is there any court judgements available in favour of license for sports?.If so it will be helpful for sports persons for their renewals.

Regards
Renjith

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm

AB, There are some things that don't sink in. Your post (and experience) is one of them. I can't believe what you had to go through. I won't offer a condolence but a promise that when they create this menace for me, I'm not going to give up my license w/o pursuing it to a fair end.

Renjith, There is little reason or logic you will find in most people in the licensing department. A lot of patience and perseverance is needed. A guy there once told me that as per the Arms Act I needed a letter from NRAI recommending that I be given a license to pursue this sport! *%$#

- SS

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:20 pm

AB,so they browbeat you into accepting something that you know is not legally correct... and then you talk of the rest of your country men being cowards.

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 pm

SS wrote:
There is little reason or logic you will find in most people in the licensing department. A lot of patience and perseverance is needed. A guy there once told me that as per the Arms Act I needed a letter from NRAI recommending that I be given a license to pursue this sport! *%$#

- SS
Many court judgements in India states this like statutory warning "IGNORANCE OF LAW IS NOT AN EXCUSE" do this not applicable for the people in/ related to the licensing authority??.

babus are too lazy to study the laws and even if they knows they don't make that in practice on time.This is why lazy people prefer govt jobs( my view)Tension free life and nothing to do different.I do respect odd ones and there are some people who do their duty.

Regards
Renjith