Diana Rear Sights comparison

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Diana Rear Sights comparison

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:49 pm

The surprise gift from Jeetesh and my recent purchase of an IHP 35B makes it possible for me to compare various rear sights made by Diana.

I will eventually do a photo comparison of the Diana 35 and IHP 35B but could not resist the temptation of comparing the sights immediately.
These sights cover specimens of design and manufacturing spanning more than forty years, which is very interesting.

I am very much a scope guy but do feel the open sights are still useful.
Unfortunately, because scopes these days are popular opens sights shipped with air rifles today do not get the attention they deserve as that increases manufacturing cost.

Left to Right
===========

SPAR with new Diana micrometer open sight, probably from a Diana 54 dating from 80's or 90s
Diana 35 with micrometer open sight manufactured in 1968
IHP 35B with copy of Diana 25 millimeter open sight very recent

Here is a different angle

The sight on the SPAR has clicks on both elevation and windage
The Diana 35 has clicks on elevation knob only
The sight on IHP has clicks on the elevation knob and windage screw presently needs a screw driver to move it.
I can't believe the original Diana 25 rear sight was this bad. The Germans have always taken their engineering very seriously.

There are some plastic parts on both the Diana micrometer sights, the elevation knobs are definitely plastic. can't make out which other parts are plastic. But as they are, they ooze quality.

I am in the process of getting a Gamo rear sight and a Mendoza 11mm rail micrometer rear sight (non peep sight)

I am still left wondering whats the best open rear sights for air rifles or pistols out there.

Manish
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Diana Rear Sights comparison

Post by fantumfan2003 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:19 am

I have found the answers to my own questions.
I finally dared to open up the whole Diana rear sight on my SPAR.
Its the best rear sight mass manufactured these days.
The Mendoza is good as well but have not seen it yet.
The Diana sight is an all metal sight, no plastic parts.
Positive and reliable clicks for windage and elevation.
A very simple and sturdy design.
Its even better than the Diana 35 sight which is 80% plastic (1968 vintage)
An it fits on all IHPs springers and pneumatics without a fuss.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

hb
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hb » Fri May 28, 2021 11:52 pm

Need the Diana 34 classic rear and front sight. Where can I get it

Djanko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Djanko » Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 am

hb,my Diana rear sight splintered as if it was made of cast iron.I don't know whether yours is broken or damaged but the Diana rear sight is not of good make,if some other springer sights can be put it will be better.