Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: help

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:55 pm

Sujay,

You have a surprise coming up. ;)

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:33 pm

I can vouch for BAR. Ordered parts for my Diana from them, nice people to deal with. Lloyd is very helpful.

I think we should have an International dealer section also as many members are importing stuff from abroad.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:44 pm

I think we should have an International dealer section also as many members are importing stuff from abroad.
That's a very good idea!

Mack The Knife

Lloyd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lloyd » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:31 am

Hello everyone :D

Mack The Knife has been in touch with me today about BAR exporting to India, I thought it would not only be prudent to come say hello to everyone , especially as there are a few customers of mine on this forum, but also I wanted to be the bearer of good news

Things have changed for exports, but actually for the better. We will be completely re-wording the export section as most countries are now Ok to export to. We were fumbling along trying to ship parcels by Parcelforce, an infamous parcel carrier based in the Uk who have had a distinctly poor record especially with exporting ,but decided that enough was enough and that we would find a better carrier even if it meant more expense.
We approached another well known courier and we have been amazed with their service, most parcels are arriving within 5 days, prices generally are the same although I must admit to not checking every country so we shall see how the costs work out sending to India.
Small parcels will ship by Royal mail who are generally excellent. We ask for the first order to be paid by bank transfer unless it is under £50.

I hope we can service more customers in India, I must say my dealings have been very pleasant so far, the levels of politeness are exemplary

One thing I will apologise for in advance, and that is the amount of time I can afford to spend on your fine forum, there are so many to read and I have a girlfriend too !
I will certainly be back though.

Highest regards

Lloyd

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:22 am

Hey welcome to the forum Lloyd,

This is indeed a very pleasant development.

I hope you remember me :) . For people who don’t know Lloyd. He is from a very fine Air gun shop Blackpool air rifles (airgunbuyer.com). Anyone who can tolerate a buyer like me can tolerate anyone. I kept bombing him with enquiries and always received a prompt reply. Thanks a lot for taking time out and posting here.

-Inder

PS: It will be very good if you can find out shipping cost of Rifles and Pistols and post it here. It will save you from loads of emails enquiring the same :).
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Lloyd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Lloyd » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:14 am

Hi Inder

How can I forget you :shock: :lol:

I will try and get some prices as examples tomorrow, good thinking . The parcel costs go off weight and size ( volumetric weight) We are hoping to put a chart on the website after the new year to give an idea, we are also working on a few other ideas to help export customers at the moment, any easy to incorporate ideas are always welcome .

Lloyd

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:33 am

Hi Lloyd,

A warm welcome and accept our thanks for bringing this great news.I am sure there are quite a few enthusiasts waiting for things like this to happen.And,thanks for the good words.

Mack The Knife, credit goes to you for this.many will thank you for what you have done.Thanks.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:13 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="7783 wrote:Sujay,

You have a surprise coming up. ;)
Surprise ? :shock: Mother of all surprises shall I say ! :shock:

A very warm welcome Llyod :D

You might not be aware that I used to monitor your " export policy " since April '06 and was really crestfallen when India was added to that list. Thanks for rectifying that. And also for addressing all my queries ( you may not remember them though)

Your apologies are not accepted though ;as we expect otherwise :wink:

Mack The Knife, How shall I thank You ?
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:27 am

Lloyd,

It's a pleasure having you over.

I well understand the shortage of time, especially at this time of year but if you could look in once a week, especially in the airgun section, it would be of great help.

If you wish, I could also help by e-mailing links to posts that concern you or airgun purchases from the U.K..

With the relaxation of import rules regarding .177" calibre airguns you may well get orders in future. The punters are still hesitant because of the hassle that postal customs can create. However, since you have also tied up with TNT couriers, I think future buyers can avoid the hassle of getting their parcels cleared. For example, I asked for a recent order from Cabelas to be sent via courier and they did everything on my behalf and all I had to do was pay the duty to the courier chap who delivered the parcel at home.

Whilst a courier may cost more, I would recommend that future buyers use this route when ordering airguns. For other items, they can opt for Royal Snail. :mrgreen:

[To all readers: Please note that importing any optical sight (rifle scope, NV scope, red dot, etc.) and pellets are a grey area and you do so at your risk]

Since postage / courier cost is dependant on size and weight, would it be possible to send air-rifles with the stock seperated from the action? If so, could you please get quotes for the following:

1) Air Pistol. Say a large one.

2) Air Rifle. Fully assembled in manufacturers carton.

3) Air Rifle. With stock removed from action with the famous rock solid BAR packing.

Use the same air-rifle for options 2 and 3 to see if there is a difference and what it amounts to. The above should give the punters a rough idea of the costs involved.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:43 am

Mack The Knife, credit goes to you for this.many will thank you for what you have done.Thanks.
Good! Should offset some of the many curses hurled at me. ;) :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:45 am

Mack The Knife, How shall I thank You ?
A dinner at Hyderabad House? ;)

Mack The Knife

rahul567
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rahul567 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:11 am

Hi Lloyd,
can i hv your email id , hv some queries regarding purchase of an air pistol
Rahul

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Air pistol in your check-in luggage?

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:06 pm

Hi Conty,

Had been away for a while for my brother's wedding.

And as Mack The Knife has pointed out, yes you can bring in a pistol in your check in baggage. And ndeed I have brought one myself a HW 75, through Delta and I had just packed the pistol with its original card board case. I had not even bothered to check with the Airlines. But its always good to check with their cargo services if the Air pistol requires any special handling.

And even at Mumbai Customs that time, I had no trouble whatsoever. I had not declared the pistol, just walked out. The reason being I was brining in stuff of less than 25K in value. Even the domestic leg was absolutely trouble free..

HTH

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:57 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="7717 wrote: If it is a compressed air or CO2 pistol, ensure that the cylinder is empty and the pistol uncocked and unloaded.

Mack The Knife
Mack The Knife

Is Co2 cylinder easily available here. ?

Danish

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Air pistol in your check-in luggage?

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Danish,

They are available but not easily and not in the sort of quantities you would require for a semi-auto plinking gun.

A couple of years back the cost per capsule was Rs.50.00, then it went up to Rs.100.00 and day before yesterday, I was told that Bangalore Armoury wanted Rs.150.00 per capsule!

Mack The Knife