Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:17 pm

K1eaner wrote:
BUT. Most importantly is to attain license and get that 30.06 rifle.
If 30-06 is your top & immediate priority, you should join a rifle club, start with .22 and then move on to the 30-06. Forget about air guns. Apply for a license under sportsmanship criteria and having a rifle club membership carries a lot more weight and leaves virtually no ground for refusal. You may start with a 30-06, but cost of ammo and the 50 round ammo quota make it difficult for you to crack the renowned shot competition/event and get higher no. of rounds. Getting a license these days is a big deal, especially with our dutiful police officers.
Air rifles provide a very basic ground for learning the fundamentals of marksmanship. But the major difference is , springers are held loose to allow as much recoil as possible, firearms with a tight grip. In clubs to my best knowledge, air rifles are not allowed beyond 10 m. If you have 20-30 m open space, no need to join a club for shooting, you can do it just at home, provided you decide for an Indian gun. Precihole and SDB make fine guns you can check them out. Then move on to a high end foreign PCP. Moreover the guns mentioned above give you the opportunity to learn basic gunsmithing also, a very helpful skill indeed. If long range shooting is what you want, get a AA s510, will let you shoot upto 100 m. But begin shooting with a more basic air rifle, same goes for fire arms. It makes you a overall better shot and lets you know the exact qualities you will want in your next upgraded buy, which a third person review can never give.
Regarding long range shooting, you mention spin drift. To my limited knowledge , that comes into play if the target is atleast 500 m away, in India, if you have a range 400m, even 300 m facilities consider yourself lucky. First start shooting at 100m, then think about 600+ yard shots, and take into account wind speed, Coriolis effect, humidity, temperature , barometric pressure , bullet drop and how much powder you should put in the cartridge.
Import of firearms is banned until you are a renowned shot, and some pre -1980s Winchester model 70 you can find in a shop, the Indian IOF .30-06 is what you can get. And the optics required is another issue.
Bottom line is , get a gun( air/powder burner/anything) and start shooting.

Added in 2 minutes 59 seconds:
Basu wrote:Dear sam47,

I have a view that during last three years , Indian air gun manufacturing have improved significantly.
Precihole was the 1st Indian Company who came with high standard ARs along with technology.
Soon it was followed by SDB with variants.
Armar showed a lot of promise at the early stage , hope they will bounce back again.
Under the proposed rule of 15 fpe , the manufacturers have already pushed their products upto that limit.
After sale service ,has also improved simultaneously.
A beginner can choose a rifle from 2.6 - 4.0 kgs and power from 5- 14.5 fpe.
What we lack is high standard pellets.
These days India needs to have standard pellet manufacturers.
So for a beginner now , there are options , unlike old days.

Basu
:agree: :agree: Could not agree any more. Good time to be an air rifle hobbyist. I hope pellet manufacturers will soon get to it , for there is now demand.
"Aim small, miss small."

For Advertising mail webmaster
K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:00 pm

@Sam 47, what you've mentioned above is precisely inline with what I needed to know. My mistake fellas, I should've been more clear in my introduction thread about intentions and what I want.

I know what I wanted, but didn't know how to go about it since I know little about buying a weapon and the criteria for long range shooting in India. Thank you for the advise bro, will go with getting a local made, joining a club, applying for a license and getting a rifle. Step by step that, won't dig into it, baby steps so I don't end up burning money and time.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

K1eaner wrote:
Thank you @Big Daddy. Will pay them a visit early next week and confirm the structure of fees and such. Will post my findings here.

Another request I had was about the second hand AG's. Know where I can get some?

Spoke to them today, (went to pay my annual administrative fee).

Life membership is INR 17,400 and the next year onward INR 2,400 administrative fee per annum.

You may write to [email protected] and address it to Mr. Kiran.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

K1eaner
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by K1eaner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Big Daddy wrote:
K1eaner wrote:
Thank you @Big Daddy. Will pay them a visit early next week and confirm the structure of fees and such. Will post my findings here.

Another request I had was about the second hand AG's. Know where I can get some?

Life membership is INR 17,400 and the next year onward INR 2,400 administrative fee per annum.

BD
Thank you :D

ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokharsana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum (have been a reader for quite a long time now though). Salute to the vaterns for providing such useful info to all airgun lovers on this platform.

I have been a shooting enthusiast since long (50-100 shots on a free day), own sdb 45 and daws force 35 mod. Love shooting long ranges (35 mts and above). Luckily have access to a farm to indulge in my passion of long range shooting.

About sdb 45: old rifle which is now competely overworked and needs retirement. Been with me for many years and i still love to shoot with it now and then but it sadly gives me wayward groups now so decided to go for another rifle (low cost: made a mistake) daws force 35 from huligun, i have nothing against the huligun guys,they have been extremely helpful, but the rifle is not worth its price (even at 4250, inclusive all). I am unable to hit the bulls eye even at 15 meters, all pellets tried. Its giving me groups that shouldnt be honoured to be called "A Group". Tried to tune it at home but to no avail. Will get it tuned from a gunsmith soon probably. Seems like the time for another rifle. :agree:

I have been following the posts on this forum and have zeroed down to three rifles (keeping in mind the quest for long range shooting):
1. Precihole scorpious nx100
2. Sdb artemis
3. Aarmr hurricane 15 T (heard they are coming up with 16T model soon)

All the above rifles are in .177 calibre as we are not left with any other options by the "Respected" lawmakers. All of the above claim muzzle velocity well above 800 FPS and are suitable for long range (50 mtr).

The senior members are please please requested to shed some light over the pros and cons of all the above rifles sothat other airgun lovers would also be benefitted by the comparison among the so-called most powerful air rifles made in India.

Happy shooting
Ashok Harsana
Gurgaon

cka9403
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by cka9403 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Big Daddy wrote:
K1eaner wrote:

BD
@Big Daddy, Hi I am looking to join TSRA. Could you please help me? Thanks

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:07 pm

cka9403 wrote:
Big Daddy wrote:
K1eaner wrote:You may write to [email protected] and address it to Mr. Kiran.

BD
@Big Daddy, Hi I am looking to join TSRA. Could you please help me? Thanks
The best way is to contact them through the given email id.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

BALASUBIRAMANI
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BALASUBIRAMANI » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi i am a new Comer In break Barrel airrifles i recomend perichole Sports High pericision airrifles

hari kiran
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hari kiran » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Dear Team,

Looking to buy the below & get them imported . I do have a Club Membership. Are these allowed ? can you suggest any seller for the same . Would be very helpful if you can let me know the customs clearance process or suggest any agent who can get it cleared
Shipment to Bangalore
Sig Sauer Airgun P226 .177 Cal 12gr CO2 16 rd FDE
Sig Sauer Airgun MCX .177 Cal 88gr CO2 30 rd Black
RWS Beretta PX4 Storm Air Pistol .177 Cal
Rgds,
hari Kiran

rchauhanji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rchauhanji » Mon May 15, 2017 10:11 am

Gentlefolk,

Looking for advice and recommendations.

I have to decide between a IHP Air Pistol (0.177Cal/4.5m) and the Precihole SPS 50 air pistol. The pistol will be used primarily for plinking.

Appreciate a comparison of relative build quality, ease of use, effective range, reliability and other pros and cons.

Thank you in advance.

BALASUBIRAMANI
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BALASUBIRAMANI » Sun May 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Perichole airrifles high pericision no airrifle can match it's accuracy

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun May 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Dear BALASUBRIMANI,
Which model you are referring ?
Which no other AR can match in terms of accuracy.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

ashokpkl
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ashokpkl » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 pm

I too need advice. I have shortlisted the Precihole NX 100 for Plinking, target shooting and the occasional Crow which scares birds from the nearby Pepul tree. I hope to purchase one next week. I would have personally preferred a 20 Joule / 900 fps Rifle but I understand such a NX 100 is not available as yet.

I will need help on :

1.I had originally shortlisted the SX 100 .177 but many of IFG reviewers are saying the NX 100 is better ? It's smoother and the pressure will not degrade requiring replacement of spring ?
2.Does shooting upto 35 Metre/100 Feet require a Long barrel NX100 or the NX 100 Karbine will be good enough ? If the Rifle's performance is not effected in terms of (a) Velocity and (b) Accuracy I find the NX 100 Karbine more handy. What would you advice ?
3. I hope the Nitro Cylinder mechanism of the NX 100 will not require expensive maintenance ?
4. Is there us case for buying the Chrome barrel ? I personally like the Black metal / Wooden finish of the stock.

Advice would be most welcome and help me in my purchase decision.
Ashok Vashisht

emty2
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by emty2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Now with the new rules is the option limited only to .117

rsoni76
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rsoni76 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:30 pm

I m a new shooter. Which air pistol should i buy? What about daisy Avanti 717 Triumph Match.
Please suggest me.