Best (powerful) Blowback CO2 Pellet pistol?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Joe999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Best (powerful) Blowback CO2 Pellet pistol?

Post by Joe999 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:45 am

Hello friends,

I am researching to identify the "Best" CO2 Blowback pellet pistol in India .

Self defence purpose, penetration power and ease of use are criteria to declare winner. Imagine you had to pick one to gift to your sister for self defence. Which btw is reason a 8x2 rotary mag is not my preference.

Upon my online research on youtube, I have identified

1. Sig X Five (20 round belt mag and easy CO2 loading, extra mags available)

2. Sig P320 (30 round mag, con: no extra mags in market)

3. Gamo PT-85 (Positive user feedback, con: 8x2 rotary mag)

4. ASG 09 (Good accuracy, con: 8x2 rotary mag, bb compatible)

Kindly share your experiences, thoughts and arguments below in support or any other models you have in mind.

Glock gen 4 was also recommended but they have poor fps, penetration and accuracy compared to a pellet pistol.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Best (powerful) Blowback CO2 Pellet ypistol?

Post by Vineet » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:58 pm

CO2 pistols are not suited for self defence. They are not powerful enough to injure the bad guy. Pepper spary would be better idea.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Best (powerful) Blowback CO2 Pellet pistol?

Post by pgupta » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:08 pm

Vineet is right, it's not suited for self defense rather it can put you in a world of trouble with both police if they mistake you for a bad guy with gun and with the bad guy who realizes that you actually have a toy and can further enrage that person. Play with it but don't even think of using it for self defense.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:34 pm

CO2 air pistols are no way made for Self Defense, don't even think about it , like other fellow members have mentioned.

For plinking purpose Crosman Vigilante is a good pistol. Pretty accurate, low maintenance.

Joe999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Joe999 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Well, thanks for your responses. Ignoring the self defense part.....

Basis penetration, accuracy and ease of use,

which would be your top 3 picks CO2 blowback pellet pistols and why?

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:35 am

For co2 plinking I suggest looking at Walther CP88 & Beretta 92fs. If I am not wrong these are not blowback air pistols, but have been available in the market since long. They are well built & will serve for years.

I don’t know much about the current co2 air pistols available... Try looking at co2 models made by Umarex. There are other makes, but they are not as reliable.. a lot has changed.. other members can share more info.

You can also explore PCP, Spring & Multi pump pneumatic air pistols available if u are looking at penetration, accuracy and ease of use.

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:16 am

Well a Blowback CO2 pistol will use most of it's power and gas in the operation of the blowback mechanism. So here there will be less power available for penetration. Most CO2 air pistols are designed to give a realistic blowback feel to the shooter , hence here penetration power is compromised , though you will get accuracy.

Hence I mentioned the Crosman Vigilante , it has awesome penetration power as well good accuracy upto 30 shots. As the gas pressure reduces the accuracy isn't that good.
The only con the vigilante has is it's looks , it feels heavy and solid built , but looks like a Toy gun.

So , if you want a gun with realistic feel in shooting as well looks , then go for a good Blowback.

Joe999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Joe999 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Yes , the whole question, is which is the best blowback pellet pistol, and why?

Joe999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Joe999 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 pm

Shivakr wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:35 am
For co2 plinking I suggest looking at Walther CP88 & Beretta 92fs. If I am not wrong these are not blowback air pistols, but have been available in the market since long. They are well built & will serve for years.

I don’t know much about the current co2 air pistols available... Try looking at co2 models made by Umarex. There are other makes, but they are not as reliable.. a lot has changed.. other members can share more info.

You can also explore PCP, Spring & Multi pump pneumatic air pistols available if u are looking at penetration, accuracy and ease of use.

They lack ease of use with regards to loading a complicated 8 shot circular mag. That's where the belt mag wins. When in panic mode, one can operate it easily and quickly toggle safety, not to forget weight!

4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 4X4 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:14 am

Then go for the Sig Sauer X five model , 20 shots is pretty good before reloading.

This should satisfy your needs definitely.

If it's your first CO2 air pistol, then you need to learn to maintain it as well. The company manual will give you a brief on how to maintain it . Also on YouTube you will get many tutorials.

Joe999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Joe999 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:46 pm

Was hoping to get an argument as to why a PT85 or a ASG 09 or even a Glock Gen 4 should be declared a winner ....