SDB Artemis scope stop pin issue

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

SDB Artemis scope stop pin issue

Post by dalvipravin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi All ,

I would like to see if anybody has got this issue on SDB Artemis and how it's solved ..

I have used RWS lockdown and even RWS weaver mounts to fix scope on Artemis , both had stop pin ...

The issue is the stop pin grooves are not deep enough on Artemis so it loses the hold and scope mounts creep back till the end cap of barrel and it opens the end cap by one or two mm ... I am afraid prolonged use can damage the end cap as it takes all the recoil ...see the creep back marks on the action .... :(

Anybody here tried drilling or deepening the hole for stop pin ? And if yes how ?

Or any other solution on this ... As I have used both genuine imported mounts and one of them is holding as a rock on my Diana 460 I don't find any reason to doubt on mounts ..

Cheers
Pravin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: SDB Artemis scope stop pin issue

Post by eljefe » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:59 pm

A. If you can strip it and check the wall thickness of the bore and then measure depth of stop pin hole and see if the cylinder wall thickness is enough for you to deepen existing hole to same height as the stop pin. You’ll need a drill press and some careful drilling.
B. Check depth of stop pin hole and the stop pin on the scope base. Grind the stop pin down (shorten) in careful steps, so it matches the depth of the stop.
GL
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks ,

Option A looks to be the way as filing stop pin wil not fix it as there is not enough volume in the groove to hold the pin , even the pointed stop pin doesn't help tried that

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Dear dalvipravin,

You can further deepen the hole by drilling it and making it through and through.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:23 pm

I also faced the same issue , and drilled the hole through with a hand cranked drill , and a filed the edges. Scopes now never creep back.
"Aim small, miss small."

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:18 pm

Hmm ok so thats the solution leme try n take it to lathe shop post lock down

Cheers
Pravin

arun k
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arun k » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Can anyone please tell me whether front and rear sights (front post and rear aperture)of Precihole PX 100 can be used on SDB Artemis

dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dalvipravin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:42 pm

This is how it looks now :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bishop
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bishop » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm

arun k wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:30 pm
Can anyone please tell me whether front and rear sights (front post and rear aperture)of Precihole PX 100 can be used on SDB Artemis
You can use Precihole aperture sight on your Artemis.Front sight will not be a direct fit on Artemis barrel.

arun k
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arun k » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Bishop wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm
arun k wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:30 pm
You can use Precihole aperture sight on your Artemis.Front sight will not be a direct fit on Artemis barrel.
Thank you sir