Can an Airgun 800 FPS designed for 35 MTS be also used for 10 MTS target practice, or will it not work?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
mrkey
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Can an Airgun 800 FPS designed for 35 MTS be also used for 10 MTS target practice, or will it not work?

Post by mrkey » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:07 am

I was thinking of NX100

It has club version (10 meters) and polaris (35 meters) range.

From what I understand, if I buy the polaris, I can use it for both 10 meters target practice and for longer range in fields in future.

Does that work? Or higher fps/longer range wont work for 10 meters target practice Olympic type?

The difference is 600 fps vs 800 fps. I will be primary using it for 10 meters target practice, but I want to be able to use it for longer distance as well if it can work that way.

Please suggest, thank you in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dalvipravin
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Can an Airgun 800 FPS designed for 35 MTS be also used for 10 MTS target practice, or will it not work?

Post by dalvipravin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:32 am

As per my knowledge the Target guns are 6 to 8 foot pounds .. 600 fps maybe close to that ! You need precision and accuracy and consistency in target shooting and not hitting power as you are just punching papers

The higher the power more difficult the gun is to shoot accurately and consistently -- being Spring Air Rifle

SO if its more on target get the low power version , you can easily plink using that till 20 30 yrds for fun

Regards,
Pravin