Review: Precihole PX100 Achilles

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Review: Precihole PX100 Achilles

Post by Jagannatha » Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 am

Today tried to shoot at 70 m with PX100.
Pellet JSB Monster Diablo 0.87 g (13.43gr).
Speed 280 m/s (918,635 fps).
Used 6-24 scope and bipod.
The group is 3.435 cm (1.69 MOA ) horizontal and 1.861 cm (0.91 MOA)
vertical. Happy with the results. Especially with vertical. Horizontal - it may be my mistakes.
IMG_2321.jpg
IMG_2322.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hz_ralsun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hz_ralsun » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm

I am assuming you are shooting indoors.. Even my fx Impact or my kalibrgun Cricket .177 calibr cannot attain such results on outdoors.. to attain such results the condition have to be perfect with 0 wind. My px100 stock cannot get a good grouping beyond 35m (outdoor). And what Mod did you do to your gun to attain such velocity, shooting a 13gr pellet at over 900fps?

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:16 pm

hz_ralsun wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm
I am assuming you are shooting indoors.. Even my fx Impact or my kalibrgun Cricket .177 calibr cannot attain such results on outdoors.. to attain such results the condition have to be perfect with 0 wind. My px100 stock cannot get a good grouping beyond 35m (outdoor). And what Mod did you do to your gun to attain such velocity, shooting a 13gr pellet at over 900fps?
I'm shooting outdoors. I'm in Delhi and the territory is closed with the fences, so I don't have much wind.
As for Mods I've done:
- Drilled and polished the plenum chamber inside. It increased the dia of the plenum chamber and as the result the volume. So that you have more air going out at one time when the hammer strikes the valve;
- Drilled and polished all the transfer channels to increase the dia and let the air go easier and faster to the barrel;
- Added some weight to the hammer by putting in it 3 small nuts on screw with polished edges (to make them round and let them go inside the hammer), polished the hammer itself to increase its traveling speed;
- Added some spacers (nut washers) behind the hammer spring to give it more pressure. Of course it is better to change the spring for more powerful one. But I don't have it and delivery from Ali takes ages nowadays :( ;
- Covered the barrel with a carbon fiber tube of 14 mm outside dia. The inner dia is 12 mm as the outer dia of the barrel. Put it on with epoxy. Hope it helps somehow to reduce vibrations at the moment after the hammer strikes and pellet goes through the bore;
- Used a sound moderator made of aluminum and still. It adds good weight to the end of the barrel. For me it is good, cause I don't shoot much in standing position, more in prone or with my rifle on some rest;
- Added foam insulation into the butt stock to remove this "Empty plastic" feeling and sound. Added some lead inside to balance gun weight distribution.
- Added small Picatinny rail under the stock to fix a bipod. )))
What I've described here is not the instruction to increase the power of the rifle to to go beyond the legal limit. It was just an experiment and of course now the rifle is disassembled and not used any more!

Drilling something - one way ticket. If it goes wrong you'll have to change the damaged part completely!

Also added some 3D printed parts. Such as Cocking lever extender (faster reloading), scope sun shade (as my scope had no shape, kill flash only ) and "8" to fit on the carbon fiber tube
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thorzhammer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Thorzhammer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:08 pm

odedratushar wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 pm
I have tested Precihole Achilles at 100 meter with Scope mounted 3-9x40 on it. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/598723496cb ... WA0094.mp4

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk
Did u tune it or this is whats out of the box power.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Jagannatha wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 am
Today tried to shoot at 70 m with PX100.
Pellet JSB Monster Diablo 0.87 g (13.43gr).
Speed 280 m/s (918,635 fps).
Used 6-24 scope and bipod.
The group is 3.435 cm (1.69 MOA ) horizontal and 1.861 cm (0.91 MOA)
vertical. Happy with the results. Especially with vertical. Horizontal - it may be my mistakes.

IMG_2321.jpg
IMG_2322.jpg
Stick to 10.34 gn JSBs for Achilles.

nadgondek
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nadgondek » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 am

Hi GNV

I recently bought a PX100 and fitted a scope to it.

I tried the RWS Super point extra pellets (0.53 g , 8,2 gr). they flew everywhere on the target, no consistency, any idea why that happened (the pellets fired where checked for uniformity before use) ? I have used them in my earlier RWS model 34, and they worked fine

I then zeroed the PX100 with the sample pellets provided by Precihole. Can you suggest the best suited pellets for PX100

Regards
KN

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Every barrel needs its pallet. And for PX100 it it is JSB 0.67 as you were told by GNV several posts above. What is the reason to mention it again?! If you shoot stock PX100 stick to 0.67 JSB pallets.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:19 am

JSB work best in almost all guns. For Achilles I prefer 10.34 for all round performance at legal power

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:21 am

In fact I exclusively use JSBs in all my guns.

Phyob
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Phyob » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 am

GNV wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm
My Achilles with a 9" Suppressor. Now the only sound audible at the shooters point is the sound of the hammer hitting the valve .
Achilles.JPG

Added in 3 minutes 30 seconds:
Achilles.JPG

Added in 6 minutes 2 seconds:
The same suppressor works great on FX Impact too.
impact.jpg
GNV, please tell me where can i get this suppressor. I have been hunting for a good suppressor for my Achilles. I am using local made but not very satisfactory.
Thanks.

Phyob

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:04 pm

pcpshop.in
airgunindia.com

Both are very effective. Only pcpshop one is made of aluminum and weighs less and also expensive while the one from airgunindia.com is steel and heavy. But costs a lot less than pcpshop one

adriel.dsouza
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by adriel.dsouza » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:04 am

Has anybody tried Gamo Lethal on their PX100? Or if anybody know the velocity of Gamo Lethal on PX100 via a chrony?

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am

hi All,
here is a recent observation.
I changed the original hammer spring to the MK2 available on the precihole web site.
a noticeable change was the shot count dropped to 50~ on a full charge (before the change it was 80 shots per fill). There was no evident air leakage. after using it in this condition for a few months i changed the spring back to the older original one and it was back to 80~ shots per fill.
i think this is due to the longer mk2 spring that caused an increase in power (couldn't verify) and decrease in the no. of shots.
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Jagannatha
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jagannatha » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:04 am

snIPer wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am
hi All,
here is a recent observation.
I changed the original hammer spring to the MK2 available on the precihole web site.
a noticeable change was the shot count dropped to 50~ on a full charge (before the change it was 80 shots per fill). There was no evident air leakage. after using it in this condition for a few months i changed the spring back to the older original one and it was back to 80~ shots per fill.
i think this is due to the longer mk2 spring that caused an increase in power (couldn't verify) and decrease in the no. of shots.
/S
Right. I have 20 constant shot counts for the moment))) From 200 to 125 bar.

mattammal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mattammal » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:20 am

Jagannatha wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:16 pm
hz_ralsun wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm
I'm shooting outdoors. I'm in Delhi and the territory is closed with the fences, so I don't have much wind.
As for Mods I've done:
- Drilled and polished the plenum chamber inside. It increased the dia of the plenum chamber and as the result the volume. So that you have more air going out at one time when the hammer strikes the valve;
- Drilled and polished all the transfer channels to increase the dia and let the air go easier and faster to the barrel;
- Added some weight to the hammer by putting in it 3 small nuts on screw with polished edges (to make them round and let them go inside the hammer), polished the hammer itself to increase its traveling speed;
- Added some spacers (nut washers) behind the hammer spring to give it more pressure. Of course it is better to change the spring for more powerful one. But I don't have it and delivery from Ali takes ages nowadays :( ;
- Covered the barrel with a carbon fiber tube of 14 mm outside dia. The inner dia is 12 mm as the outer dia of the barrel. Put it on with epoxy. Hope it helps somehow to reduce vibrations at the moment after the hammer strikes and pellet goes through the bore;
- Used a sound moderator made of aluminum and still. It adds good weight to the end of the barrel. For me it is good, cause I don't shoot much in standing position, more in prone or with my rifle on some rest;
- Added foam insulation into the butt stock to remove this "Empty plastic" feeling and sound. Added some lead inside to balance gun weight distribution.
- Added small Picatinny rail under the stock to fix a bipod. )))
What I've described here is not the instruction to increase the power of the rifle to to go beyond the legal limit. It was just an experiment and of course now the rifle is disassembled and not used any more!

Drilling something - one way ticket. If it goes wrong you'll have to change the damaged part completely!

Also added some 3D printed parts. Such as Cocking lever extender (faster reloading), scope sun shade (as my scope had no shape, kill flash only ) and "8" to fit on the carbon fiber tube
Super modification and super achievement