The SDB ARTEMIS air rifle

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: The SDB ARTEMIS air rifle

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:05 pm

sam 47 wrote:air rifle sent the pellet 1 inch deep through flesh and stopped only after nicking the bone.
Ouch! Good you had access to the right doctor.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rudransh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudransh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Spring airrifle rule number one hold the barrel or side lever as long as u close it.otherwise u will have one story to tell at some point of time.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:41 pm

The pellet came out after closing the barrel. Any ways, nowadays I use the heavy false double barreled assembly as a hammer for rough works. ROTFL As for the artemis, I have tested it, it doesnot autofire even in the lowest setting. That would be around 500 grams of trigger pull weight if I recall correctly.
"Aim small, miss small."

rajudgl1990
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajudgl1990 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello frnds,

i bought a SDB artemis 0.177 airirfle last month....really it is an amazing product....

very accurate and powerful....
Better in all aspects when compared to all other indian model airrifles....

really i would suggest this model for all who love the game of target shooting and plinking....

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:33 pm

I know... :mrgreen: :D :D Getting addicted to it.
"Aim small, miss small."

lover of guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lover of guns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:58 am

So can I buy .22 sdb artemis as of now because there are some websites selling it.
Would it be considered illegal owning the sdb artemis .22
If so why did sdb make the .22 version of artemis. I am not trying to be rude just wanted to know. I myslef would love to own artemis .22

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:51 pm

I think websites and dealers are trying to get the .22s out of their shelves as fast as they can, until things become more clear.
It is better if you stick to .177s.
As for why they made, they made because the wonderful rule was still not notified then. Most casual airgunners(including me) used to buy their airguns in .22, so they developed it in .22. Now there is no option(for buyers and manufacturers alike) but to stick to .177s.
"Aim small, miss small."

lover of guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lover of guns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Thank you Sam 47.

lover of guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lover of guns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I think I am going to get a .177 version of artemis. BTW since I want to get a scope installed in my AR. Can I buy a scope from an Indian websites? There are expensive scopes in the Indian websites. Or do I have to go for an imported one?

greenrifle
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: RE: Re: The SDB ARTEMIS air rifle

Post by greenrifle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 pm

lover of guns wrote:I think I am going to get a .177 version of artemis. BTW since I want to get a scope installed in my AR. Can I buy a scope from an Indian websites? There are expensive scopes in the Indian websites. Or do I have to go for an imported one?
Dear friend ..go for Aliexpress you will find best suited affordable scope there

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Just don't import scopes through Kolkata customs. They have an impeccable record.
You may read the following threads.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24959

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24830&hilit=ordered ... na#p245409
"Aim small, miss small."

lover of guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lover of guns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:21 am

Thank you for your replies.
But I wanted to know if I can simply buy a scope that is available in indian websites. That way I don't have to go through any hassles of importing one. Are the scopes available in the Indian websites not good enough? Please reply me ASAP.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:14 pm

lover of guns wrote:Thank you for your replies.
But I wanted to know if I can simply buy a scope that is available in indian websites. That way I don't have to go through any hassles of importing one. Are the scopes available in the Indian websites not good enough? Please reply me ASAP.
Whatever source you buy your scope from, ensure that the scope is spring gun rated, if you are using a springer. Else, that scope will be ruined in a few shots.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

lover of guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lover of guns » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks vikram.
Do you think there are good scopes available in indian websites. If so could you plese suggest one for sdb artemis and precihole nx100. And could you please also mention the website. .

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Vikram wrote: Whatever source you buy your scope from, ensure that the scope is spring gun rated, if you are using a springer. Else, that scope will be ruined in a few shots.
I have been using a cheap Chinese 4x20 glass on my airgun and it continues to place rounds as expected even after getting banged and breaking a prism inside...

On the other hand my shooting partner has an illuminated 3-9x40(again fake Chinese 'Bushnell'..) and its clear only on lowest magnification, though working still after 6000+ shots.. I feel that an adjustable objective might be a desirable feature for clear sight picture on higher magnifications...

Buying from decent Chinese brands like Discovery or Marcool might be a safer bet than purchasing run of mill scopes. Both brands rate their decent scopes at 3000G+ accelerations, though they cost nearly as much as low end Leapers...