AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

Post by Basu » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:40 am

Cutting , chopping are risky without knowing what is going to happen next.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

For Advertising mail webmaster
sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 pm

today morning i fired few pellets on paper target at 10 meters my huricaine gives hole in hole accuracy so i canceled the plan to cut the barrel actually last night i inspect barrel muzzle end in torch light i saw there is rust on end of crowning of barrel i clean it & it does magic.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:27 pm

AKPANDEY wrote:
GNV wrote:I am not expecting any POM . I am just reporting things as I find them and I understand airguns a little, that's all.I know that I don't deserve any POM. I know my writing style is pretty poor. I don't have any narrating skills and I don't even know where to put proper punctuation marks. I post these reports of mine so that new entrants into air gunning may find them useful to maintain and repair their air guns on their own.Just as I am learning a lot from the more experienced shooters. If some find them useful then I am more than happy. Nothing more or nothing less. That's all.

Regards,
GNV
Greetings GNV , i purchased a hurricane recntly and siassembled it seeing you tube, tuning method, after tuning i m confiused about hpow to put it back sytenatically right way, as saw ur posts for u it pretty easy.,would you like to help and guide me how would i assemble hurricane. mod -16, .177
i ve taken apart all things , now can not make out where to put, though i would do it b, biut when i push the piston, spring and back p[iston back, something from trigger restricts going it further i broke a car jack already , it was literally bent, might be because that triugger thing was nmot letting it enter, because i knos spring pressure wont exceed a ton i guess, anyways if u can help can take out sometime to guide me, i will be highly apprecciate that thank you, u can also reach me. God bless thank you

Please do not post your personal contact details on the open forum for your own safety-Moderator
You will find how to dissemble and reassemble the gun in pages 7 and 8 of this thread. It is a very simple job

GNV

Dr_Deol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Aarmr hurricane MOD 18 .22 calibre

Post by Dr_Deol » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:18 pm

Good morning all
Yesterday, I bought a MOD 18 .22 calibre hurricane. Today morning, I tried 20-25 shots at 5 lit bottle of bislery at 25 mt distance. Only one pellet hit the bottle. Gun is crating lot of noise and recoil, trigger is very hard. Trigger is giving so much jerk/vibration that my finger become numb after 20 shots. its still aching. Cooking effort is also very high. I am using my precihole nx 100 Polaris & precihole px 100 from last 5 months. These are butter smooth and damn accurate as compared to this hurricane.
I am using magnum pellets. They are loose fitting in the barrel as compared to snug fitting of. 177 pellets . Is it responsible for loss of accuracy? What should I do to improve this Gun?

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:09 pm

MOD 18 in 0.22" cal. Very Strange.

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
All Indian Airgun manufacturers stopped making 0.22 cal airguns years ago

Added in 8 minutes 40 seconds:
How much did you pay for it and please post a photo of this Mod-18 Hurricane 0.22 cal airgun.

Dr_Deol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Aarmr hurricane MOD 18 .22 calibre

Post by Dr_Deol » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Sir, I payed 11 K for this. Power is good as compared to nx 100 and px 100 but this power is useless without accuracy. I adjusted the trigger today, now it becomes little bit softer. But recoil and jerks are still there.. I am waiting for good pellets. I will test with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Abhilashdsar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Abhilashdsar » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 am

GNV wrote:IMG_26.JPG
IMG_27.JPG
IMG_33.JPG
IMG_34.JPG

Added in 5 minutes 39 seconds:
HUR Trigger.jpg
HurricaneMod15 Trigger.jpg
IMG_28.JPG
IMG_29.JPG

Added in 29 minutes 48 seconds:
IMG_30.JPG
I consider this trigger has three sears. In my view the trigger blade is first sear, the middle sear engages and locks the tube which pushes the steel balls which lock the piston rod when cocked and I consider this tube as the third sear. When the trigger is pulled the middle sear releases the round tube which has its own spring to push it forward and the the tension of the main spring pushes the steel balls out of way and the piston gets released.
I found this trigger smooth and crisp in operation.
IMG_31.JPG

The pellet holder is just that. A convenient place to store some pellets. It is not a pellet dispenser which drops out one pellet at a time when pushed.
IMG_7744.JPG
IMG_7743.JPG
Sir Thanks for sharing each and every detail description including pics.

Dr_Deol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Dr_Deol » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Today, I shoot another 50-60 rounds. Still, no improvement in accuracy. I realised that the loss of accuracy is due to heavy recoil and jerk. As I tried my nx 100 Polaris .177 with same position and same target. Nx 100 was hitting accurately. Diversion of pellets of hurricane was to left & right both. Should I I dissemble it for greasing and pistol washer replacement to reduce the recoil?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed May 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Dear Dr.
I suspect that the side screws are not adequately tight.
I suspect with every shot you are changing forehand grip.
I suspect that there is gap in between piston ID & main spring OD.There you need to put sleeve to control the lateral vibes.
I suspect that in order to generate more power harder spring is used.
I suspect you are yet to complete 600-700 shots to allow the spring proper bedding.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Thu May 02, 2019 1:24 pm

I also have this AR. Main problem is loose fitting pellets. It's bore is slightly bigger than other Indian brands like sdb.Hence it needs different pellets of bigger head and skirt that fits tightly. I tested with tight pellets and accuracy is excellent. There is no chance of loose screws. Also it has less vibration than my other air rifles.There is no negatives other than the open sights.

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk
With regards,
vsraja

Dr_Deol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Dr_Deol » Fri May 03, 2019 12:50 am

Basu wrote:Dear Dr.
I suspect that the side screws are not adequately tight.
I suspect with every shot you are changing forehand grip.
I suspect that there is gap in between piston ID & main spring OD.There you need to put sleeve to control the lateral vibes.
I suspect that in order to generate more power harder spring is used.
I suspect you are yet to complete 600-700 shots to allow the spring proper bedding.

Basu
Thank you sir, for your valuable suggestions. It become
slightly smooth after 200 shots. I am waiting for better pellets.

Dr_Deol
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Dr_Deol » Fri May 03, 2019 12:51 am

vsraja wrote:I also have this AR. Main problem is loose fitting pellets. It's bore is slightly bigger than other Indian brands like sdb.Hence it needs different pellets of bigger head and skirt that fits tightly. I tested with tight pellets and accuracy is excellent. There is no chance of loose screws. Also it has less vibration than my other air rifles.There is no negatives other than the open sights.

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk
Which pellets are you using?

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Fri May 03, 2019 3:03 pm

I got those pellets from my friend.He told it was custom made.He told it's the copy of a foreign brand.Many imported pellets may fit well in hurricane.
With regards,
vsraja

Agontuk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Agontuk » Fri May 03, 2019 10:17 pm

In .177
All G smith & co pellets are very tight fitted in my Hurricane. Heads are smaller than skirt...
Skirt is not going completely in. I hv to push with something to insert the pellet skirt...

Master shot and United shot are very loose and not accurate...
But united shot power ranger round head giving good accuracy at 10-15 yard.. these pellets are very light weight, around 7.3gr ...

Precihole round heads fitting is excellent.. not very tight not very loose.. completely going in with little push...
Head n skirt both touching the barrel.. accuracy is excellent...

I think Hurricane like bigger head size pellets that touches the barrel with head and skirts...

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:05 am

now i am also using g smith hyper impact round head pellets 9.3 grains & they are nicely fit in to barrel but still there are some vibrations.