Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ankitdashora
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

Post by ankitdashora » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Mates, Read half of this topic, i am having only one question... I am planning to bring air pistol 0.11 caliber to india (Mumbai)..
Do I need to be a member of any rifle club or i can simply bring a gun at airport and if asked pay the duty will do?

Really appreciate prompt reply..

Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:28 am

If you are lucky enough to escape the scanning and customs you would would own it :)
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 am

I agree with vmanicks.
Last edited by tiwariarrun on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Friends,
I seek your opinion for the same cause as the topic.
I am an NRI. I am a member of a shooting club in India and I hold a Shooter's ID card from NRAI. I will visit India and I wish to bring my AP for practice and participate in competitions in India. I had done it earlier when the DGFT notification mentioned clearly that the members could import freely. I did not have any problems then in 2 occasions in 2009 and 2010 in the Kolkata airport.
But now th scenario has changed a bit. I was just wondering if I can try to explain with the earlier notification. In any case, all the concerned airports are informed about the weapon when I seek permission from the airline carrier 2 weeks prior to departure. So, the authorities in the Indian airport will surely be aware of the AP I would carry and I do not have any intentions to bypass them.

I am thinking about the negative sides. If I am not allowed, I should have the possibility to reexport it which means I should be able to take it back to my country of residence when I will fly back. If yes, the AP should lie with the authorities. There I have a big question. In what condition will the authorities keep it till I reexport it back after 4 weeks of stay in India?

I need your suggestions because I am planning to buy a 2nd hand AP to bring to India and keep it in India for practice and matches during my visits, in case I am able to.

best regards
tirpassion

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:21 pm

My dear friend , why think all negetive , be positive and dont worry you should be fine .

Just like you , I brought two Feinwerkbau at a time in my personal baggage while returining from USA as Transfer of Residence , and I didnt faced any hassels or problems upong landing to kolkata . That was during Nov 2010.

Anyway I hope your club membership is valid , as they might want to check the validity during inspection. if its a .177Cal ideally you shouldnt be face any issue. These people nowadays much knowlegable about shooting sports and its no longer a detested sport in India. Since Joydeep Karmakar has been selected for London 2012 , in 50M Prone , Most of the kolkattan's are now aware of shooing sports :D

Just plan the same way you did it during your previous visits and you will be safe and fine.

BTW which AP model you are planning to bring ?

Regards
Saptarshi
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Hello Saptarshi,
I use a Hämmerli AP40 air pistol. For sports shooters, I am of the opinion that if one has to have a second weapon, it should be the same as the first. So, I am planning to buy another (2nd hand) Hämmerli AP40 which I have already tested and waiting to decide definitely.
Are you presently in Kolkata or in the US? As a matter of fact, both you and I are members of the same club. NCRC :) .
best regards
tirpassion

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Its a small world... and getting even smaller :lol: :lol:

TC

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 pm

LOL :) Come home buddy and lets meet in NCRC. Also I am shifting to AP now and might need a lot of advice from you :)
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Dear Saptarshi,
If you are interested in AP, please follow this topic
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7407

Yes, we will definitely catch up in Kolkata.
till then

tirpassion

harsh94
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

want to bring air rifle by PBR

Post by harsh94 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 am

Hello every body,

I am going abroad next week and wish to bring an air rifle(.22/.177) along with my baggage. I have come to know that one may face some problem before custom official.

I would appreciates yours advice on this matter. Do suggest if there is way to do so.

Note- I am not associated with any shooting club.

Thanks & Regards
Harshbardhan Singh

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Hello harsh94,
we would have really loved to see an introduction from your part, in the introduction part.
Hello, I am harsh94, I am interested in ..., I came across this forum and ... so on...; :D

For the rest, would you take the pain of reading a bit the whole topic and quite a few other topics regarding import in the forum? The answers are all there.

happy reading and best regards
tirpassion

BTW, welcome to the forum!

harsh94
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by harsh94 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:06 am

Hello friends,

I am Harshbardhan Singh from Bihar and working in Delhi as a marketing professional. I am excited to join you all.

I wish to have a piece of advice bases on your experience & knowledge.

I want to buy a new air rifle in South Africa and want to take it back to india as a part of personal baggage. Problem is- a bit of confusion. i.e some member of IFG says that without having membership of a shooting club custom official don't allow the same.

But other hand one Mr. Saif Tariq wrote otherwise. I have talk to him & he shared his personal experience that without having any club membership one can bring a .177 AR abroad as a part of once personal baggage and he has done the same approx a month before.

Under the column 'Membership a must?' Mr Varunik says for the need of having membership of shooting club 'yes if you import via post,no if you bring it yourself.'

Sir, please guide us where should we give a try for Diana's .177 caliber or not.

Thanks & Regards
Harshbardhan Singh

Ziyaul
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ziyaul » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 am

I have bought an Airgun of 2.2 calibre..
And it has stucked in custum....they r not allowing me to take it..
So,now wht should i do..

captainadi110
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captainadi110 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:19 pm

I am a merchant navy officer. Is it possible to bring the 0.177 cal air rifle with me when i sign off from the ship? and
Does we have to notify the airline about the baggage because sometimes we dont have enough time to notify. I am trying to get an Rifle club membership before going so this should help me but can anyone had any experience at Mumbai airport?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I have bought an Airgun of 2.2 calibre..
And it has stucked in custum....they r not allowing me to take it..
So,now wht should i do..
What are they saying? And most important of all, to what extent you are willing to fight this matter?
I am a merchant navy officer. Is it possible to bring the 0.177 cal air rifle with me when i sign off from the ship?
To bring in smoothly without problems, it is better to become member of rifle club. Else you may have to do a legal fight in at least High Court.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992