Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:42 pm

it was confiscated by the customs but later yes, I cleared the customs.. for this a latter from my wife's area DM & SSP/SP to clearly pointing out that no weapon license was needed to possess.177 airgun was obtained, after that, I went to the airport customs, they forwarded the letters to NRAI to verify/match and report the gun, on doing so i was asked to pay 50% duty at the airport, which I happily did and after that my gun was handed over to me.

For Advertising mail webmaster
salikt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by salikt » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:58 pm

colonel7 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm
Hi, I have a Diana Panther professional long barrel rifle.
I would like to take it with me to Kerala from Dubai.
Either Kochi or Trivandrum.
Could some one guide me on this?
I do not have any membership with any rifle clubs.
Thanks
Hello,

I would like to know about your import experience. Are you able to take it with you to Kerala? I'm also planning to take one from Saudi to Kerala. please do let me know about your import experience.

thanks

razl
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by razl » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:26 am

Hi All,

So to bring my airpistol along as mentioned in one of my first posts (https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 46&t=27432) , I started doing the following to prepare for my trip to from Canada to India:

1. Contacted Etihad Airways and told them about my intention to fly/carry the airpistol in the trip.

2. Etihad's representative asks me to send an email on the details of the gun. She initially thought that it was a real firearm which I later clarify over the email.

3. I also mention about the non-requirement of license for an airgun/airpistol with muzle velocity <152m/s or muzzle energy < 5J; and for airpistols/airguns with a bore of 0.177cal and/or muzzle energy < 20J in India (destination).

4. The Etihad Representative sends a carrier specific firearms carriage form which I fill out and send back to Etihad. This form has to be filled with details about the gun, the calibre of bullets used, # of rounds, magazine capacity, weight etc.

Here is where the weird/unknown stuff comes in (#5 and 5a):
5. After two days (yesterday 22-JAN-2020) Etihad representative sends me an email stating that I have to get an approval from DGCA and Aircustoms Chennai as well. She gives me an email ID of the Chennai aircustoms and also a DGCA form that reads "Carriage of Arms From/To/Through India" which as instructed by etihad, needs to be filled and sent to the aircustoms email they provided.

5a. This DGCA form pretty much talks about flying with firearms, explosives, military stores, radioactive materials and requires filling out details like information of the article being transported, consignor/consignee details (both of which is me), UN number of the article that is getting transported, type of aircraft the article is being transported in.

Is this a normal procedure or a new procedure introduced recently? Am I missing something or doing something in the mistakenly wrong way? Cos' I have consistently told etihad over email and phone calls that the gun is not a firearm. I even sent pictures of the BBs used, Co2 cans and also my membership card to the airgun range here in Canada.

Can someone please shed in some light here please? Would be super helpful!

Sincerely,
Russel

gurbirsinghdhillon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gurbirsinghdhillon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:48 pm

razl wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:26 am
Hi All,

So to bring my airpistol along as mentioned in one of my first posts (https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 46&t=27432) , I started doing the following to prepare for my trip to from Canada to India:

1. Contacted Etihad Airways and told them about my intention to fly/carry the airpistol in the trip.

2. Etihad's representative asks me to send an email on the details of the gun. She initially thought that it was a real firearm which I later clarify over the email.

3. I also mention about the non-requirement of license for an airgun/airpistol with muzle velocity <152m/s or muzzle energy < 5J; and for airpistols/airguns with a bore of 0.177cal and/or muzzle energy < 20J in India (destination).

4. The Etihad Representative sends a carrier specific firearms carriage form which I fill out and send back to Etihad. This form has to be filled with details about the gun, the calibre of bullets used, # of rounds, magazine capacity, weight etc.

Here is where the weird/unknown stuff comes in (#5 and 5a):
5. After two days (yesterday 22-JAN-2020) Etihad representative sends me an email stating that I have to get an approval from DGCA and Aircustoms Chennai as well. She gives me an email ID of the Chennai aircustoms and also a DGCA form that reads "Carriage of Arms From/To/Through India" which as instructed by etihad, needs to be filled and sent to the aircustoms email they provided.

5a. This DGCA form pretty much talks about flying with firearms, explosives, military stores, radioactive materials and requires filling out details like information of the article being transported, consignor/consignee details (both of which is me), UN number of the article that is getting transported, type of aircraft the article is being transported in.

Is this a normal procedure or a new procedure introduced recently? Am I missing something or doing something in the mistakenly wrong way? Cos' I have consistently told etihad over email and phone calls that the gun is not a firearm. I even sent pictures of the BBs used, Co2 cans and also my membership card to the airgun range here in Canada.

Can someone please shed in some light here please? Would be super helpful!

Sincerely,
Russel

Hi, Just ignore the permission from ethiad ...no need to fill the form or anything.. basically, no prior permission can be given.. they complicate the matter all the more. I did the same procedure for my wife. the custom official personally told me that it was because of this that i had to get through the hassle .. just fly in with your air pistol, you wont be stopped 99%, if you get just say its a toy pistol.. rule of thumb is if its a .177 pistol its 100% legal.. for any further help feel free to contact me on +91-98158-88544..