BREAK / FIXED BARREL AIR RIFLES

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sudhakardm
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

BREAK / FIXED BARREL AIR RIFLES

Post by sudhakardm » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:27 am

Hi all

I am planning to buy Diana 52 or 54 air rifle, which is available here with a local dealer. I want to know which is the better, break barrel or fixed barrel? And I will go for .22 Cal. The break barrel models are also available. How good is their scopes?

After going thru the topic by Shaid "Diana 35 import stoy" I am worried about the leagality of carrying in my luggage. I dont have any club membership. Even though this is an air gun, it may be difficult to convice the customs. Or shall I contact Indian Ambassy before I Buy it. so please advise.

Thx
Sudhakar

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:30 am

Definetely a fixed barrel is better than a break barrel springer.

The BB springer always has a chance of droop and the alignment changes minorly with constant opening and closing of the breech.

But these Diana 52 and 54 are very very heavy to handle.

As regards scope unless it is a rated Air Rifle scope, it will break on an Air Rifle. And those 100 Riyal 1/2 inch tube Diana scopes are no good at all except in Kids kadet model low power Air Rifles.

The state of affairs and degree of knowledge among New Delhi customs is such, who are supposed to handle this on a daily basis, what advice can one give you.

If you wish, go to the Indian Embassy. maybe you may be lucky to find some genuine information.

I had carried this Air Rifle more as an experiment. Not that I really needed it. I needed that Vanguard case more than anything else and an empty Vanguard case can be brought / sent again without any problems.

The decision to carry an Air Rifle of .22 / .177 calibre should be totally yours. Do what you feel. maybe you will be lucky enough to bring it out of New Delhi or customs or things may be easier at other airports. I do not know. But wish you well.

sudhakardm
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: BREAK / FIXED BARREL AIR RIFLES

Post by sudhakardm » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:33 am

Thanks shahid for your comments.

Actually I will be travelling to Bangalore. I have a small 'vaastha' in the customs. But when it comes to guns I dont think it will help. I will wait for some more comments form the IFG members.

Thx
Sudhakar

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 am

Sudhakar,

Inder has brought back an air-rifle from the U.S. recently. He landed directly at Bangalore airport. Due to an injury and work he has not been able to complete all the formalities in one go but he is almost there. He will fill you up on the details when he reads this.

Mack The Knife

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:15 am

Which one did he bring.

Sanjay

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:12 pm

Sanjay, it is an Air Arms Pro Sport. Time permitting we will be playing with it tomorrow. Will post some pics

Sudhakar, got a call from Inder at 12:45 from the airport saying that he has got the air-rifle from customs. I have told him to post about his experience in a new thread when he gets the time.

Mack The Knife

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi Sudhakar,

Fixed barrels tend to be more accurate than break barrel and should u have the option of buying a HW77/77k/97k(sans sights) or the Air-arms fixed barrels-Pro-sport/TX-200 series, then go in for these iso the Dianas.

The Dianas maybe a tad more powerful,but the above are more accurate IMO!
Remember power means nothing without accuracy!

About the customs in India,Shahids thread sums it all up.
Good luck to u! :wink:

sudhakardm
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sudhakardm » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi all

Yesterday I visited the shop again. He has Daian 52 and 54's and some Diana break barrel model. He also has few air guns, UK made. But No HW's

Prizes are - 52 is approx: 12500 and 54 is 13500 INR

Unfortunately, he refused to sell the gun to me. He was not even ready to show it to me. Gun license is mandatory, (issued only for citizens).

So no more hopes to buy one. :(

Thx
Sudhakar

sudhakardm
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sudhakardm » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:09 am

Shahid,

what is the fomalities in UAE? Can you please give me some details? Vistors are allowed to buy air gun? If possible I will make a stop over. Please let me know the price over there as well.

Thanks
Sudhakar

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:23 pm

The Price of the Diana seem to be very cheap. The price of a new Diana 54 in Germany is about 33K INR, even if you deduct the tax its about 28-29K INR.

Wonder what makes it cheaper there, almost half..

Cheers
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm

maybe IHP in wolfs clothing.
Some gamo pellets now bear striking similarities with Mastershot export quality. ;-)

watanabe
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi Sudhakar,

I visited the UAE-Dubai in the begining of the year and the following are the prices that Alsayad quoted me: the caliber did not matter.

Diana 52-DHS 1250
Diana 54-DHS 1600
HW 80-DHS 1250
Diana 350 Magnum-DHS 1375

The prices must have changed now,but you can request Shahid to find out the current rates for you.

Vistors can buy any amount of airguns without a permit but you have to hold a bill of the same in arabic for the cops at the airport to read and know its only an airgun ! They will inspect the same nevertheless. The dealer also advised me that only whilst travelling on Emirates your need to call their reservations 48 hrs prior and inform them that you will be carrying an airgun in checked baggage.Air India and Cathay pacific do not need any intimation as along as its checked in as baggage.

Again please check with Shahid on the above and if there are any changes.

regards

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:05 pm

dev";p="27272 wrote: maybe IHP in wolfs clothing.
:mrgreen:
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

sudhakardm
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sudhakardm » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:26 pm

Hunter,

Thanks for nice information. I will try to pass by Dubai.

Here 52 is SR 1100 and 54 is SR 1200. The dealer says it is a discounted price.

And Ranjeet, Alto cars are just 22 k here. How much in India? I think you got the :idea: .

Thanks
Sudhakar

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:47 pm

Hunter has given the prices here already, still the same. Diana 35 with safety catch is for Dhs. 800 noe ( S.R. 810 )

Weirauch HW 80 in both .22 and .177 are for Dhs. 1180, a 10 % bargain is always on depending on how much time one has at hand.

Webley scott, Gamo and other makes are also available, Spanish Cometa too.

Webley scott has introduced quite a few products once again, but just the Brand is being marketed. A very very good single piece Air Rifle mount with three bindings is available ( made in Taiwan although ) and a whole range of assesories. Webley pellets too are back in the market.

New pellets from Umarex and Diana, besides RWS Dynamite Nobel are also available here now.