Zoraki HP 01

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Zoraki HP 01

Post by Oggie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 am

Hey Folks,

Due to my busy work/life schedule other than the ever increasingly rare hunting trips or the even rarer trips to the range my plinking pleasure is almost extinct. Therefore i've decided to take up some air gun target shooting. Nothing major, just basic target shooting. I thought I'd go with an air pistol. So off I went to the nearest centre and was shown a impressive unit called Zoraki HP 01 - a pneumatic pistol that shoots out a .177 at upto 600 FPS. Is also sold under the Webley brand in UK.

Any inputs on this one ? Anyone used this - feedback ?

Cheers,

Oggie

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Zoraki HP 01

Post by brihacharan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Oggie,
Curiosity got the better of me....So my search revealed.....
ZORAKI HP-01 Made in Turkey

SPECS:
Caliber: 4.5mm
Capacity: Single Shot
Trigger: Adjustable (adjustable trigger pressure: 350-1800g)
Energy: 13.57 Joule (s) max.
Barrel length: 260 mm
Total length: 376 mm
Weight: 1100 grams
Ergonomic handle + mounting rail 22mm PICATINNY
Safety: Automatic
Single Shot
Power Source: Pneumatic pump
Package includes: - Carrying case - Allen Wrench - Cleaning Kit
THIS GUN IS RENAMED AS THE WEBLEY ALECTO
Hope this information helps kick start the sharing of experiences with this AP!
Briha

Phirozeirani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Phirozeirani » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Oh yea..
Picked up the Webley Alecto without the extended barrel (makes it look more realistic). It shoots as good as it looks... the open sights work great upto about 15 meters.. beyond that, its alot of guess work...This pistol deserves good optics for you to appreciate its accuracy...awaiting my red dot scope... that said, shooting 2 inch spinners at 30 meters with open sights is still possible and alot of fun once you get the hang of it...
What i love about this little power puncher is that you could pump it once, twice or three times for different power levels... one pump, and you could use it for 10m indoor target shooting, two pumps (which is what i use most of the time) and you could do some fun plinking at about 20-25 meters and three pumps and you could actually use it to take out some menacing rats...
Its amazing how its such a versatile pistol,looks great and is so so accurate... you have to shoot it to believe it...

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:39 am

Thanks Briha da and Phiroze
I'm very impressed with what I've seen and heard online so far. looks like it's definitely a keeper !

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:27 am

So I went ahead and bought the Zoraki HP 01 also known as the Webley Alecto in .177. I cannot believe I waited this long to get back into air guns shooting. I feel like I've missed out on life ! Finally something that gives me a similar feel to the sweet smell of cordite ! Thought I'd post a quick short review.

The pistol by itself look and feels a lot heavier than it actually is ! By that I mean it looks like it weighs a ton but is actually a very manageable 2.5 pounds. Made of strong moulded plastic its very aesthetically appealing and the grip grooves actually have a lot of use. It fits very comfortably into your hand and settles into a well balanced mode. One problem here is that its made for right handed people. Not sure how it would work if you're left handed. Its got a front and rear adjustable sights. Flick the front into two modes one for short (10 mts) and the other longer (25mts) shots. The rear sight can be adjusted for elevation and windage.

Its a pneumatic air pistol with 3 power settings. Using wadcutters I got 415 FPS on 1 pump, 525 fps on 2 pumps and a whopping 625 fps on 3 pumps. on 1 pump it failed to penetrate a tin can at 6 mtrs on 2 it penetrated the can and settled within the can and at 3 pumps it entered and exited the can with a very potent exit channel. I think it would be quite lethal on rabbits at close range.

Accuracy vise its phenomenal. I'm getting sub 1/2 inch groups rested at 10 mts on 1 pump, 1 inch at 2 pumps and at 3 its still about an 1.5 inch group. And all this with open sights. This gun will turn into a tack driver with scope/red dot etc.

Overall very impressive and at $350 NZ its very good value indeed. Highly recommended.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 am

I remember seeing a video on a small mod that enables you to pump the pistol more than three times. It was as simple as taking off a couple of components and turning a pressure screw all the way in. Dont know how this will affect reliability but it js worth checking out atleast...
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Kshitij

The interesting thing is that the stability of the pellet is significantly impacted on by the velocity in this case. I find the Zoraki most accurate at 1 pump. When I bought the pistol I was very excited at the prospect of 635 FPS advertised at 3 pumps. However at 3 pumps I feel its over powered for target shooting which is the prime purpose for me. There quite a bit of material on high velocity low accuracy with reference to air gun's online. I learned this first hand !

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 am

Spot on oggie. Even i had this thought in the back of my mind when i was seeing that video.

However, what impressed me was the fact that this pistol is accurate enough to be used for 10meter target practice with minimum effort (1 pump) and can also be used to long range hand held plinking fun when pumped 3 or more times.
Shooting soda cans at long distances like 30meters or so can be a lot of fun too and hole in hole accuracy is not needed for this.

You have got an air pistol that can be enjoyed in more ways than one. So even though target shooting is the primary purpose, do use it for casual plinking whenever possible.

Just my 2 cents :)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:20 am

I agree ! Most of my plinking used to be with the .22LR so I'm actually an odd creature here reversing back into air guns from rim/centre fire rifles. I'm really looking forward to extending the range to 30 mts on 3 pumps and plinking.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:19 am

Oggie wrote:I agree ! Most of my plinking used to be with the .22LR so I'm actually an odd creature here reversing back into air guns from rim/centre fire rifles. I'm really looking forward to extending the range to 30 mts on 3 pumps and plinking.
Congrats Oggie on your new acquisition :D
Your description & performance explains a lot about the pistol's fitness to tackle both target shooting & plinking for fun!!!
The choice of 3 pumps is a novelty & one can customize one's shooting needs.....
Yeah! From cordite to compressed air must be quite a journey....
BTW - During bad weather when one cant go out with cordite - Indoors with the "3 Pump" pistol should be quite satisfying :D
What pellet brand & weight is the Zoraki comfortable with?
:cheers:
Briha
PS: There quite a bit of material on high velocity low accuracy with reference to air gun's online. I learned this first hand :clap: :clap: :clap: !

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:55 am

A few links i went through while i was doing my research before deciding on a target pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9LZLH3Kwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbSJufqKWQ

The second video shows the mod i was speaking about.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:08 pm

kshitij wrote:A few links i went through while i was doing my research before deciding on a target pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp9LZLH3Kwg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbSJufqKWQ
The second video shows the mod i was speaking about.
Good information....Thanks for sharing :D
Briha

Gaurav1987
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gaurav1987 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:34 pm

How can we procure the same in india