Unused running target MC at Delhi

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Unused running target MC at Delhi

Post by shutzen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:38 am

HI! Just a couple of days ago I had read a report in the HT that there is a suis ascor running target machine lying unused at the Karni shooting ranges at New Delhi since some time bcoz the SAI had not bothered to import any scoped high power airrifles for use at this range.The NRAI was laying the blame on SAI for this and for denying Indian shooters a chance to compete in this event bcoz of the SAI's lack of awareness of the event. Since running target competitions are held till the worldcup levels I think jugadi members here who have aquired suitable rifles for use in this event can probably approach SAI or the NRAI and offer thier services . Hell till before the athens olympics /or mebbe the last comp was at athens -I think it used to be a event there too.I personally find this for of airgun shooting very interesting and the rifles used in this event even more so. I think its a very challenging and interesting sport. Can some delhi based member chk things out and give some feedback. I personally know some shooters who practice there but they are all shotgunners who have no interest in AR ;)

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:48 pm

These guys are just playing the fool without taking the responsibility for what they are doing or not doing.
Maybe we should get someone from SAI and from NRAI on this forum to voice our concerns to them or choose an more effective way to let them know that their laziness is costing a lot
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Unused running target MC at Delhi

Post by sat » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:10 am

import any scoped high power airrifles for use at this range
Was under the impression that one could use the same air rifle shooters use for issf 10 m competition with the addition of a scope with high mounts...

Armando Ayala of the Army Marksmanship Unit, USA uses a Nickel scope from Germany, a 4.2 power dual post reticle. His air rifle weighs 5.5 kgs.

One has 2.5 or 5 seconds to hit the running target...sounds like fun.

Ayala's interview on pilkguns.com.....

sat