Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by kshitij » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:03 am

This is through Relish...
Though the pistol landed 2 weeks back and it is the customs procedures that is causing the delays.
To top it off, the friend that i ordered through wants to order an air pistol for himself but he has been told that he cant place an order for about a month after this consignment has cleared...
So even though by gun has landed in india more than two weeks back i do not expect to have it in my hands before the next week or so...
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sanjay.chowdhury.5
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sanjay.chowdhury.5 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Hello, everyone..
Mr. Madhusuda I am a new member here and I from pune, I am very passionate about getting an imported air gun like beretta px 4 storm. Can u just help me like how can I import it.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:39 pm

sanjay.chowdhury.5 wrote:Hello, everyone..
Mr. Madhusuda I am a new member here and I from pune, I am very passionate about getting an imported air gun like beretta px 4 storm. Can u just help me like how can I import it.
Please read the posts in this thread.Pages and pages of information is there. You will find it helpful.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

vmsr66
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vmsr66 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Dear Mr.Shashidhar Murthy,

I understand that membership is not a must for importing a .177 air gun and I did not pay any customs duty. I advise while addressing people older than you please address them with some respect.

Regards,

Madhusudan

sanjay.chowdhury.5
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sanjay.chowdhury.5 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Sandy,

I received a private message from you but no longer being able to find it and probably I am not even conform with your full name. If you go through this post please mail me
It would be great help to me.

Regard
Sanjoy.

GOCOOL2000
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GOCOOL2000 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Pyramid air not shipping to India. Ordered twice but i was informed that they are not shipping to India as of now. Any one else encountered a similar problem.
Nothing is illegal untill you get caught

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 pm

GOCOOL2000 wrote:Pyramid air not shipping to India. Ordered twice but i was informed that they are not shipping to India as of now. Any one else encountered a similar problem.
Got this reply from them a few days ago. " We are shipping accessories to India. We still are unable to ship pellets or anything that projects a projectile."
it is a no go from Pyramid air. However i was told that a few sites may ship if you opt for shipping thru USPS instead of Fedex. was not able to find alternate shipping option in any major air rifle sites.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Try this gent he has been shipping parts to India and may have Crosman airguns for sale.
This is his web page http://www.jgairguns.biz his name is John Groenewold, I am amazed that he has been sending stuff here and people haven't shared this.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm

A really Noob Question :P
If i import an airgun thru USPS postal route, Will the gun be delivered to the nearest PO (to my address) where i have to show the documents... Or do i have to go to the main post office/Port of entry? (which may be 100s of km away ?)
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:18 pm

AnandNair wrote:A really Noob Question :P
If i import an airgun thru USPS postal route, Will the gun be delivered to the nearest PO (to my address) where i have to show the documents... Or do i have to go to the main post office/Port of entry? (which may be 100s of km away ?)
As far as i know the package will come be that one specific post office in your city which is monitored by customs. Every metropolitan city in India has one. Packages meant for small cities must be landing at the customs post office in the nearest metro. But you should cross check.

TC

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:38 pm

TC wrote: As far as i know the package will come be that one specific post office in your city which is monitored by customs. Every metropolitan city in India has one. Packages meant for small cities must be landing at the customs post office in the nearest metro. But you should cross check.
TC
Thanks TC. So.. if i give my address as Ooty, will it be landed in Coimbatore (the nearest city) or at Bangalore/chennai?

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:35 pm

AnandNair wrote:
TC wrote: As far as i know the package will come be that one specific post office in your city which is monitored by customs. Every metropolitan city in India has one. Packages meant for small cities must be landing at the customs post office in the nearest metro. But you should cross check.
TC
Thanks TC. So.. if i give my address as Ooty, will it be landed in Coimbatore (the nearest city) or at Bangalore/chennai?
That you will have to check with the main post office at Ooty.

TC

spitfire
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by spitfire » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:07 pm

I have earlier brought BB pistols vide the personal baggage route. Now was planning to order some BB rifles.. Can anybody suggest a safe site to do so? I understand that Pyramyd is not shipping to India

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:35 pm

AnandNair wrote:
TC
Anand
whatever parcel sent through usps will reach foreign post office chennai . but now a days ( few years) they dont clear airguns very easily .they send it for deal wood test and prolong the game for 3-6 months and theymore to the fire they say it cannot be imported via postal route as its a " firearm" as per their assumption.
whatever in the book they frame "extra" clause that you cannot break , you cannot educate the educated fools :)

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:15 am

striker wrote: Anand
whatever parcel sent through usps will reach foreign post office chennai . but now a days ( few years) they dont clear airguns very easily .they send it for deal wood test and prolong the game for 3-6 months and theymore to the fire they say it cannot be imported via postal route as its a " firearm" as per their assumption.
whatever in the book they frame "extra" clause that you cannot break , you cannot educate the educated fools :)
Thanks Striker.
I have noticed that Chennai Foreign post office has an habit of sitting on imported parcels. May be i should putoff any air rifle purchases thru USPS may be till i am able to personally go to Chennai :(