Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:00 pm

No i didn't get it!! :(

But it looked beautiful. i saw it when they opened the package sweet thing. but all the excitement to get the thing is over now - those BaBu's really piss you off don't they :(

And they checked the custom "BIG BOOK" in front of me - it mentioned no where that the 14% excise equivalent CVD is not to be charged so i think we all have to pay the 14% excise duty.
And they are not ready to take any argument for it.

Cheers
Siddharth

For Advertising mail webmaster
yash3_great

Re: Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by yash3_great » Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Hey Sid,

Did you mention to them/showed them Notification 21/2008 of Customs? I believe some members here got their pieces without any CVD.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:07 pm

I did, i even went through the books with Mr. Nair (the helpful guy) and no it didnt mention anything about CVD duty. there was this another guy who said i should check the centeral excise book but considering the fact that i had spent more than half a day there and i didnt have a notification to look up for and all the guys who had take out their rifles and pistols had paid it (i know just one). I didnt bother i just wanted to get over with it. And this was a better option than bribing anyone so i went with it.

Cheers
Siddharth

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Fri May 16, 2008 7:16 pm

So what next now? When will they let you have the stuff? Did they ask You for any documents at all?

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:25 pm

They had a problem with every second document brother

I carried all documents i could.

* shooting club member ship
* document reading that import of air riles are allowed if the person is registered with a shooting club and the rifle is in .177
* a document that mentioned the custom duty and CVD have been exempted as per notification 21/2008
* PhotoID
* A copy of the invoice where it mentions it's .177
* three screen shots of websites that showed the price of the air rifle
* and a mind that is ready to wait all day and still be be nice to the man sitting behind that table :D

Though there were these two officers who were nice to me, rest everyone was a DIP head and thought i was a shooter of some sort

They had the latest book i saw the 21/2008 notification issued on 1St March

So i think there's been some scr3w up, someplace

Cheers
Sid

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun May 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Dear ifg gurus and friends
is there is any online shops do deliver co2 catridges to india via land post service especially from china or some else ?
pls throw some light .

cheers
striker
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun May 18, 2008 6:08 pm

As has been mentioned earlier - there in no separate notification covering the import of airguns via the personal baggage route. They continue to be allowed for import as the the notification banning the import of firearms & ammunition did not/ does not cover them as they are exempt from the provisions of the arms act (read they are NOT legally considered as firearms).

Don't know anyone who delivers CO2 cartridges here, but you should be allowed to have them imported on payment of duty - as industrial gases etc. are on the OGL... as is almost everything else except for firearms & ammunition. A good idea maybe for those of you who own guns that use CO2 powerlets to get together and place a bulk order... you can then distribute the costs/ CO2 powerlets amongst yourselves... saving yourselves a decent amount by ordering in bulk....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun May 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Dear abhijeet
i agree ur comments on air gun import through post and baggage as per indian arm law.
Hat off for ur care on gun enthusist .my quiery is does any guru know an online co2 catridge supplier(i.e web address like mac 1 expert on co2 guns) who export to india via land courier service.
and i am not able to find the right one till now .

cheers
striker
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon May 19, 2008 2:54 am

hi striker
here are some options, get online to mail order shops like brownall etc and ask them to ship via land.

ask someone you know who is overseas to ship it via land route. thats what i would do, it might take longer but u should get it.

its matter of trying to contact the online shops and ask.

yes i know it not much help but its a starting point.

as u know co2 is a hassle to get here in India. so some work had to be done like contacting the online shops.

u are asking a hard question here. i wish i could be more help on this.

if i shipped it via land i would charge u lots of moolha.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:22 pm

I know i have been pretty lazy in doing this but it's better late than never.

Here is how i got my b-40 (take note of the name - that's what we'll always refer it as)
I ordered one b-40 from Mike Melick of http://airgunartisans.com/flyingdragon/
you could also mail him at [email protected]

It as guessed already is .177, the payment was made by my brother - what better to rob your elder brother :)

The air rifle was sent (USPS) on the 8th of april and left the us shore on 10th. Waited for about a month for a notification from the foreign post office but in vain. Tried tracking but all it showed was the day it left the US coast. Finally on may 13th i called up my local post office wondering if any notification has been sent for me and they refused only telling me the best place to get such information would be the foreign post office.

Taking his advice i called up foreign P.O. first 20 calls they dont bother to answer, then finally someone on their end wakes up and picks the phone. i tell them the whole thing and they asked me for the USPS tracking No. After taking the USPS tracking No. they give me a new Speed post code or something and ask me to call the custom superintendent on ******** number. i speak to some chap named Rajan, who assures me that my parcel is with their department and i can come whenever and get things sorted out.

Finally on the 16th i get a half day and go to meet Mr. Rajan who had asked me to come at 2:30 P.M. when I reach there guess what Mr. Rajan isn't there (now where have I heard that one before). So I wait, wait and wait and HE FINALLY SHOWS UP after an hour and snubs me off saying that this is not his case it's under Mr. Sharma. The man who sits in that A.C. cabin.

Just as i enter this cabin i fall in love - something we'll discuss when i am too drunk or … :)

Mr. Sharma tells me at 3:30 that he's too tired and i should come tomorrow besides i cant get it done today so what's the point of starting it. But a renowned shot who was there with a reference from the Gaziabad commissioner had her rifle out and handed over to her, while i was still requesting him to start it today :).

After a while it felt like i'm pleading to the wall or an empty chair which refuses to move :(
So off i go to office in a sh!t mood EMPTY HANDED

The next morning i reach there 10:10 (considering they open at 9 a.m.) and sit around till 11:30 when Mr. Nair (the hero of this story) walks up to me, he's like W*F are you boys doing here this early, this is a Govt. office no one comes so early. And of course offers to help me with my file. He asks me for my photo ID, once he reads it, he starts taking names of people i seemed to know, only realizing that he was my NEIGHBOR. And after that things went smooth. He got my file ready for me, filled up required things and documents. And when someone would go missing he'd go and get their signatures from thin air - i wonder how he did that, but yes it wouldnt have been possible without him. Mr. sharma was a senior chap who was required to sign on everything and by the end of the day was by buddy (thanks to those extra smokes i carried). Mr. Rajan also became dam sweet after Mr. Nair re-introduced me.

Finally the file was all ready (after around 6 signatures from 4 people) and i had seen the beauty kept under dust in the P.O. The last signature required were that of Mr. Asst. Commissioner of customs was away till 3'o clock. Finally he came and i was hushed in to get my file signed. No issues till now. Now i needed to get some postal sheet signed, once that was done it was goodbye customs and welcome P.O. Got it done in 20 minutes (it required signatures from 4 different people) and off i go running to the P.O.

Once there i get it signed by two people and quickly i run to this grumpy old man (no offense meant to members of this forum) who only had to sign a document and i would have the air rifle in my hand. But he refused. I got in Mr. Nair to put in a word but even he was turned down and the man closed his file and said 'Kal aana, tumhari rifle chod dengein' closed his register and left for home and 4:45. Pissed after spending the whole day there with nothing to carry back i say thanks to Mr. Nair and Mr. Sharma and a wave to everyone there who thought i was some kind of a shooter (yes the ones you see in movies) and come back to office crying like my toffee was taken by a monkey :(

Monday i call my local P.O. to enquire about the rifle and no one picks up. Tuesday was an off, Wednesday i keep calling them and this lady picks up the phone and confirms my packet is there. By now i'm already so excited i barely can work, so i get in my car rush to the P.O.

At the P.O. i met this very sweet lady who didnt even ask me what i had got or where's my photo ID. She just asked me to sign few papers and get the same entered at someone's reister. Once done i pay her the duty and thank her - all she says was you're welcome and be careful with your rifle, I’m still wondering how she knew whats in the packet (I think she was a psychic). i rush out of there with my packet and start calling people only to shout it out aloud – IT’S HERE :D*

And she shoots like a beauty :)

Cheers
Siddharth

*All words written here are my account/views and are not to be taken seriously
• Mr. Nair being my neighbour is solely a coincident and not something planned
• The girl I fell in love with at the custom office was not by chance but for a reason
• Typos found in this document cannot be pointed out in public – even my boss is a member here :D
• Yes this is the best I could write in 45 minutes, so try understanding all you can and if you have any doubts feel free to P.M the person who wrote it.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Tue May 27, 2008 6:05 pm

siddharth
good gun ur a lucky shooter
do have u got the advantage of new import duty exemption ?
if u have levied some duty under wat category is it laid

cheers
striker

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey Striker
as per the explanatory notes (customs)

"Chapters 90 to 96
90.1. Customs duty and CV duty have been exempted on air guns of 0.177 calibre (air
rifles and air pistols) of Chapter 93. Consequently, these goods are also exempted from 4%
special additional duty of customs (S.No. 582 of notification No. 21/2002-Customs,
inserted vide notification No.21/2008-Customs, refers). "

There was no duty to be levied. But i had to pay the CV duty = 14%
though i had all the document but as per their book (the big fat custom book) it only reads that the custom duty is not to be levied. I think Dev also had to pay the duty. Hope he pitches in some information as well.

p.s. Cv duty/CVD is actually a form of Excise duty levied by the customs to maintain a price difference between between local made and imported goods.

Cheers
Siddharth

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 am

My Diana 460 Magnum (.177) that i was importing from Munich, Germany was cleared by the customs today and should be reaching by day-after, they asked for was the invoice. They inspected it to make sure it was .177 and it was free.

Thats a nice gun you got there Sid.

Browning.
Last edited by browning on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Finally, i have placed an order for a P17 Beeman with Mac1Airgun. As per Tim, the packet left via Priority Mail on 8th of this Month. Now waiting till we hear from the Customs.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm

yash3_great";p="45572 wrote: Finally, i have placed an order for a P17 Beeman with Mac1Airgun. As per Tim, the packet left via Priority Mail on 8th of this Month. Now waiting till we hear from the Customs.
I'd recommend you dont wait for the custom guys to contact you.... call em up after two weeks of your package leaving the U.S. coast and follow up on the same...

Need any help fell free to gimme a shout or P.M. me

Cheers
Siddharth