Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kamal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

Post by kamal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am

I can not change my airline now as it is a return flight. :cry:
my only option now is to send the airline the list of prohibitted items put up at the Indian customs website and tell them that "Fire Arms" are prohibitted and an Airgun is not a fire arm. Let me see if they get a approval or a rejection from Dubai.
http://www.cbec.gov.in/travellers.htm

hamiclar is right, each time i call up the airline i get different information.
One fellow said Even though Airguns are sold to any person above 18 in Germany, you have to go to the German police and get a arms lisence if you want to take it in emirates and he has nothing more to talk to me and cut the call :?

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:37 am

Try printing out the notification related to free import of airguns. That might help. If it's a blind chairpusher asking you to produce paper, it should do the trick. It IS legal
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Sorry for butting in in a imported thread but just curios what is the best courier service in india-like dhl/gati/fedx/blue dart for sending air rifles to any location within the country

GoldenEagle
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GoldenEagle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:06 am

Hello Guyz,

I had placed an order for an air soft pistol and 1 Kg of pellets from airsoftgi.com,U.S.A and had requested my Uncle to bring it for me.

Well, he carried it in his checked baggage and there was no problem whatsoever :) The officials just opened the box to see what it was and let it pass.

Looking forward to using my 'Very first Gun' :D
Cheers,
GoldenEagle

kamal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kamal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:57 am

That was good news from GldenEagle!!
could you tell us the Airline and the Airport that your uncle landed in?

GoldenEagle
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GoldenEagle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Air France was the airline and he landed at the Bangalore airport.
Cheers,
GoldenEagle

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Mon May 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Guys i need your kind advice, currently my brother in law is in UK and will be coming back by next week, now he is not a member of any Rifle club, but his being in foreign land is making me greedy to milk a CO2 airpistol from him, i know it may be dicy as the probability of it being impounded is high, but still i am tempted to give a try for a 5-10 K gun, now what will be the chances of the gun getting cleared on the customs, may be with extra duties etc.... can somebody help or advice with simillar experince.

Regards
Frosty

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Mon May 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Frosty wrote:Guys i need your kind advice, currently my brother in law is in UK and will be coming back by next week, now he is not a member of any Rifle club, but his being in foreign land is making me greedy to milk a CO2 airpistol from him, i know it may be dicy as the probability of it being impounded is high, but still i am tempted to give a try for a 5-10 K gun, now what will be the chances of the gun getting cleared on the customs, may be with extra duties etc.... can somebody help or advice with simillar experince.

Regards
Frosty
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Tue May 17, 2011 11:13 am

Subal das wrote:
Frosty wrote:Guys i need your kind advice, currently my brother in law is in UK and will be coming back by next week, now he is not a member of any Rifle club, but his being in foreign land is making me greedy to milk a CO2 airpistol from him, i know it may be dicy as the probability of it being impounded is high, but still i am tempted to give a try for a 5-10 K gun, now what will be the chances of the gun getting cleared on the customs, may be with extra duties etc.... can somebody help or advice with simillar experince.

Regards
Frosty
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

now what does that mean ????? :roll: :roll:

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue May 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Frosty wrote:
Subal das wrote:

Regards
Frosty
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

now what does that mean ????? :roll: :roll:
that mean that you are violating forum rules and asking for advice related to illegal activities
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

:idea: :?: Illegal !!! i have read on the forum more than once that baggage rules differ from courier rules, and carrying an airpistol say < 500 Fps (for passing the deal wood test), it is not required for the person to be a member of a rifle club and i am not asking for any kind of smuggling, what i wanted to know that is by paying the duty (which is a waiver for club members) one can walk out with an air pistol, if you will go through the forum you will notice many people have been going through it, but still there is a great deal of confusion in this regard and now this illegal bit is adding further to it, can some body pls clarify :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue May 17, 2011 6:23 pm

does no matter which way goods are imported - laws is the same. if you will not produce proper documents on arrival, pistol will be detained by custom.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

kuwar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

bringing air gun in baggage from dubai to mumbai

Post by kuwar » Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 am

Friends,
I'll be visiting Dubai next month,I am planning to bring 2 air rifle and 1 air pistol with me.
Would there be any problem ? I am a life member of Maharastra Rifle Association.
Are there any restriction on number of .177 air gun imported at a time by a club members.
Also can I clear rifle scopes and red dot mounting if willing to pay necessary custom duty.

Friends Pls. help,

Regards,
Kuwar.

kuwar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kuwar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 am

kindly help friends.

Regards,
Kuwar.

hyd_gunner
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello..... newbie from Hyd

Post by hyd_gunner » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 am

Hi to all u members !

-- Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 pm --

Does any one has experience of bringing back an airgun via Etihad Airways in checked baggage ?