AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

Post by GNV » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Today I shot a few groups with my Hurricane. The results are below. Zeroed for near zero at 11 yrds. At 11 yrds the groups are more or less similar to that of ORION.

My observations are because of its weight Hurricane is very stable on sand bags. My main problem was the trigger. When purchased the trigger was good out of box with 1st stage and a very crisp 2nd stage even though the 1st stage was a little gritty. I hoped it would smoothen withuse but instead it became worse. Now I can feel the 1st and second stages very rarely. And I am experiencing strange things with its trigger. When the action is taken out of the stock to adjust the trigger and the trigger adjusted, I can feel the 1st and 2nd stages. But once I fix it back in the stock it starts acting like a heavy single stage trigger and becomes highly unpredictable. I don't know what is wrong. During today's shooting session it acted only twice like it was when fresh out of box. Interestingly on both occasions the pellet hit the target right on the red dot.Once with GS High Impact and once with JSB RS. I don't know if it was just coincidence.

The 24 yrds groups are below. With my Hurricane with its current trigger from bench rest.These are what I was able to shoot.
GSmith High Impact.jpg
GSmith High Speed.jpg
Added in 17 minutes 27 seconds:
JSB RS
JSB RS.jpg
JSB Heavy
JSB Heavy.jpg
JSB Express
JSB Express.jpg
JSB Exact 15,89 grn
JSB Exact 15.89 grn.jpg
While JSB pellets fit perfectly in the breech of Hurricane the GS pellets are sticking out about 0.5 mm. Both fit perfectly in my ORIONs.

I think better shooters can shoot better groups with Hurricane also even with its present trigger. I just couldn't. We know that the Hurricane is capable of 12 ft-lbs with good pellets. I also think that it also has great capability for accuracy as well at longer ranges also. I know that with a good trigger I can shoot it with much better accuracy at least from a bench rest.

Waiting for their New 2 stage trigger to evolve and materialize.

Regards,

GNV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Not a bad grouping may improve with the new trigger
I think they have not harden the trigger parts and because of that its smoothen out fast and became worse

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:05 am

I was intrigued by the GS pellets. What was wrong? My shooting or the gun?

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:47 am

Most probably the misfit is causing damage to the pellet skirt. Same happened in my cannon. Solved it by chamfering. Would suggest you load a GS, close the barrel, open it and inspect the pellet skirt. Might be the answer.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:02 am

nice groups GNV, the GSmith pellet weight is most inconsistent no two pellets have the same weight in the tin(JSB's are rarely outside 0.2 gr),so as the range increases the holes align vertically.the GSmith high speed has a head dia of 5.4mm though its not ridiculously loose but not best for long ranges, incidentally it gives me ragged hole group in my SDB 65 along with the MS round head at 10yrds( international brands are no go )

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Dear GNV
It is good but not the best day for you.
This AR has potential to deliver better.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Dear Basu,
I know that :lol: "The specially fabricated for me Trigger" is driving me crazy. Just could not GUESS when it is going to break let alone KNOW. To overcome the yesterday's frustration today I switched the scope to my NP ORION and was able to shoot my normal groups with it at 24 yrds and happily plinked at longer ranges. The day temperatures are raising in my parts and I usually put away my air guns and bring out my RC Model Planes to fly in the summer mornings till the rains start. But this time I decided to skip the flying for this season and improve my shooting skills. I will be getting an
UTG 3-9 X 32 AO Scope and Scope Cam set up in the second week of FEBRUARY. Scope Cam is for the PH PCP which I hope they would launch soon.

GNV

himanshu maru
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by himanshu maru » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi does final product is out for sale?

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:59 pm

himanshu maru wrote:Hi does final product is out for sale?
Had a chat with the manufacturer. It seems they've finally understood the concept of 'production cycles', i.e. improvements in successive cycles of production. He said he will be updating me next week with more details.
He said that the two stage trigger might be incorporated in the next cylce in a week or two. I suppose that is when I would get a piece myself too. He also claimed an fps of 700-750, lets see with which pellets & which 'oil'... :P :twisted: :lol:

GNV Sir: Have communicated your issues to him as well but still awaiting that email for followup-clarity.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

pratik_mahale wrote:Not a bad grouping may improve with the new trigger
I think they have not harden the trigger parts and because of that its smoothen out fast and became worse
you are correct. Yesterday they confirmed that the trigger specially made for me was not hardened. :shock: :shock: :shock: They are offering to send all the new parts free of cost but that will take another 2 months at least.

GNV

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:48 pm

GNV wrote:
pratik_mahale wrote:Not a bad grouping may improve with the new trigger
you are correct. Yesterday they confirmed that the trigger specially made for me was not hardened. :shock: :shock: :shock: They are offering to send all the new parts free of cost but that will take another 2 months at least.

GNV
A person like me knows about it but AARMR air gun manufacturer don’t know about this basic things :shock: :?

Now I have a very big question about the reliability of the gun

espydor
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by espydor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Vivek joglekar wrote:Dear Main13 and GNV sir
Today, I got a mail from Aarmr sports. Company has quoted Rs. 8000 + free delivery. Alternatively company has suggested one model called muzzeled cork rifle at Rs. 8500. Specifications are same of both models, only difference is that muzzle cork rifle has capacity to increase the sound with the help of cork. As advised by you, It think better to wait for another one month. I have one 3-9x bushnell scope with me will it fit to this gun?
I am very much new in this area so more than 60% of discussion in this forum is like bouncers for me. Please bare with my childish questions.

I am new and being a bit off topic here VJ sir, this 3-9x Bushnell scope is being sold at approx 25 USD on an overseas online site. Do you think it is an original, comparing to what you have paid for yours???? Thanks in anticipation..... :roll:

merensokichu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by merensokichu » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:27 pm

That is a really good looking air rifle.

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Long wait. More than 1 year now...is this good now to be Baugh as an first air rifle. I cannot spend much. But keen on buying an air rifle. Hurricane is luring me.

Maheshzarkar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Maheshzarkar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:36 pm

As we have point and shoot cameras....and also SLRs ....I just need a air rifle which is flashy and can plink well...Please advise me (members) ...how that I should be going about it....