AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: AARMR Hurricane Model 15. First Impressions. Picture Heavy

Post by main13 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:06 am

Maheshzarkar wrote:I have relocated to Pune from New Delhi where I had been for 40 years of my lifetime. Have met many local dealer here...They have not even heard of Hurricane Mod 15. Well they were keen to sell me Ak 500 after hearing my plight about accuracy and long range...but also said if I could she'll out more money about twice then I should go for percihole rifle nx 100 Scorpius. Well We all know...The difference between the Shining star and Rising Star.. Please advise...well would Iove to flash my AR also...maybe Assault stock should the trick. ...
Dilli.. really! I hope you're liking Poona.. I love the weather & the people there! :)

Its ok for them to not have heard of Hurricane. Its a new product. Everything new takes time to spread. Besides these guys are very bad at marketing & sales skills! As far as I'm concerned, Hurricane is an excellent gun. It has had its issues but the serious ones are past. Rest are in the process of being sorted out. If you want, you can go ahead & buy it. Pls take care to negotiate about the 2-stage trigger in advance. The owner Col. A.S. Puri as well as his younger brother, the techie Mr. Manbir Singh, both know me. Very nice & decent people, should agree.

Further I would only want to present the facts as they are, then let you make your choice. As far as I can see, any newcomer has three options, Precihole, Apache or Hurricane. Everything has its positives & negatives. Precihole is 'complete' but more expensive, maintainance intensive, less sturdy. Apache is very cheap & fun to shoot but needs finishing of its internals. Hurricane is the most powerful of the lot & very accurate but doesn't have a 2-stage trigger yet. You need to take your pick! :)
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:10 am

Dear Main13,
Could you please clear one thing for me. Between a Nitro Piston and Spring Piston which is maintenance intensive ?
GNV

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:36 am

Have been using the Nitro Piston for over a year and 1500 shots. Only needed to apply oil on the outside of the barrel and action for rust prevention. Other than that it has required ZERO maintenance.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:54 am

kshitij wrote:Have been using the Nitro Piston for over a year and 1500 shots. Only needed to apply oil on the outside of the barrel and action for rust prevention. Other than that it has required ZERO maintenance.
Agree! The only maintenance a friend does for his is, every 500 shots, he fires a couple of cleaning pellets and 1000 shots, a drop or two of Crossman chamber oil through the port. The gun has never been removed from its stock even after several 1000 shots.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Maheshzarkar wrote:I have relocated to Pune from New Delhi where I had been for 40 years of my lifetime. Have met many local dealer here...They have not even heard of Hurricane Mod 15. Well they were keen to sell me Ak 500 after hearing my plight about accuracy and long range...but also said if I could she'll out more money about twice then I should go for percihole rifle nx 100 Scorpius. Well We all know...The difference between the Shining star and Rising Star.. Please advise...well would Iove to flash my AR also...maybe Assault stock should the trick. ...
Its much easier to get it directly from the Aarmar, though i do not want to enumerate but some local Pune stores even keep first copies of IHP!!!
the dead give away is the low price, bent barrels etc.,
you would be surprised by the quality of the Aarmar product and at the price it is damn good.the main differentiating issue is the precision machined barrels the rest of bells and whistles comes later which have been addressed here in this thread.its right up there with the best, currently only Precihole and Aarmar have such capability, the barrels of the rest look like they have been scratched with hardened nails by hand, need to remind them this is circa. 2100 and the first ever was made in circa 1500 :(
The Aarmar barrel is more of a Walther type and the Precihole is a micro rifled one.
i have got all my H/W updates without reminding Mr Manbir even once and they are here to stay.in fact Mr Manbir is insisting that i get the complete new gun shipped to me as i have the very first iteration.
my advice is not to sweat the small thing at this stage and any way its not going to be the last airgun, rest assured the gun is pretty accurate.
if your life kind of depended on airguns then I would suggest you to go for the AA TX200, HW97 or Walther LGU - ASAP, so you are getting the drift.

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:41 am

Yes my Precihole NP air rifle is very expensive to maintain needs lots of pellets every time.
I found very difficult to stop shooting when it hits the target again & again & again ….. :D

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:18 am

pratik_mahale wrote:Yes my Precihole NP air rifle is very expensive to maintain needs lots of pellets every time.
I found very difficult to stop shooting when it hits the target again & again & again ….. :D
ROTFL (y) (y)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:57 pm

GNV wrote:Dear Main13,
Could you please clear one thing for me. Between a Nitro Piston and Spring Piston which is maintenance intensive ?
GNV
Since Nitro Piston is a sealed mechanism (if its done perfectly) it hardly requires any maintenance, unlike a Spring Piston AR.
There are a lot of 'IFS & 'BUTS' with a spring piston such as:
1. Spring temper
2. Spring resilience
3. Spring torque
4. Spring compressibility
5. Spring's unilateral movement
6. Spring fatigue
All these are absent in a Nitro Piston....hence consistency in velocity & accuracy is maintained....
Besides an AR with a Nitro Piston can be left cocked for extended periods....whereas a Spring will tend to lose its resilience if the AR is left cocked over a longer period of time....
Briha
'

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 am

brihacharan wrote:
GNV
Since Nitro Piston is a sealed mechanism (if its done perfectly) it hardly requires any maintenance, unlike a Spring Piston AR.
1. Spring temper
2. Spring resilience
3. Spring torque
6. Spring fatigue
All these are absent in a Nitro Piston....hence consistency in velocity & accuracy is maintained....
Besides an AR with a Nitro Piston can be left cocked for extended periods....whereas a Spring will tend to lose its resilience if the AR is left cocked over a longer period of time....
Briha
'
Sir,

I knew about the advantages of gas rams when Ben Taylor and Dave Theobold introduced their gas ram guns way back in 80s ( in 1982 to be precise). I learned about them in late 80s.Just wanted others to know........... :wink:

GNV

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:19 am

GNV wrote:
brihacharan wrote:
GNV
1. Spring temper
2. Spring resilience
3. Spring torque
6. Spring fatigue
Briha
'
Sir,

I knew about the advantages of gas rams when Ben Taylor and Dave Theobold introduced their gas ram guns way back in 80s ( in 1982 to be precise). I learned about them in late 80s.Just wanted others to know........... :wink:

GNV
GNV you are asking wrong question to wrong person

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Hoping that he would learn.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:19 am

Yes my Precihole NP air rifle is very expensive to maintain needs lots of pellets every time.
I too have a similar problem. Moreover, the damn thing shoots through 5-6 target sheets at one sitting. That's another expense!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:46 am

essdee1972 wrote:
I too have a similar problem. Moreover, the damn thing shoots through 5-6 target sheets at one sitting. That's another expense!
You guys wait till their PCP is out and then see your problems compound :lol:
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:57 pm

kshitij wrote:
You guys wait till their PCP is out and then see your problems compound :lol:
When? When?When?

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:09 pm

@GNV thats the moot point behind our impatience :lol: !!