IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:06 am

H tenx... thax for advise..... if i come down to KSRA will you help me to get one good air rifel..? or if you are free on any day can we meet some where...? I have asked the same to prabhath also...

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 am

Hi Kitty.
I will be more than glad to help. I suggest you try The Kovi SHop in JP Nagar once. Meet Ganapathi there, and see what best can be done, They are official vendors for IHP guns.
Apart from this, you are most welcome to KSRA, and can log into www.ksra.in, if you need any help in joining /locating.
I will PM you my number for uture contact.
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:20 am

Thank you very very much TenX... can you please provide the near by land mark for KOVI SHOP..? and contact details...? my mail ID is....
I went through the site.... when u ll be available in KSRA...? I ll be very happy to meet ypu there...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 am

Check your PM. Lets try and meet at KSRA this Saturday morning.
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi friends..... I purchased one IHP 35 .22 cal rifel from KOVI SHOP - Bangalore. Its very nice gun with very low cocking effort and dead acurate..... I am very happy and my spcial thanx to TenX and prabhath fo for guiding me....

I paid Rs. 3750/- including all taxex and the person by Mr Ganapati is nery nice person and allowed me to shoot different guns and make a choice. Also he gave me 200 pellets "free".

Also asked me to bring it back after firing 200 shots to replace the existing spring to gsmith spring. He also does repairs and all. He offered me IHP pneumatic air rifel upon ordering with advance.

Do you guys think the price i paid is decent....?

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IHP "National" air rifles & pistols

Post by perazzi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Sounds about correct bcos the prices were recently revised and i did get mine a little cheaper but then i bought it directly off the distributor in Delhi.
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi kitty
The price you paid is the right price. Kovi shop is an authorized dealer for IHP, and has sold at the correct price which includes state levies and transport. Note that they may cost more in South India than in North. (Distance from Ahmedabad matters)
Good to know that Ganapathi treated you well. Makes us more confident in referring Kovi SHop to more people :)
But, just to put in a little salt, I would like to also mention that I got mine for about 2700 INR at the IHP factory (Ahmedabad) itself - and it included 1000 rounds, extra washer set and an extra spring ;)
Have a great time with your new asset :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:03 pm

HI tenX... you added more than a salt... :-) Hmm any way... I felt its a good price when I compared with other shops..... I think I ll meet you on sat in KSRA this week.

ronish
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ronish » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:48 pm

kitty";p="50470 wrote: Hi friends..... I purchased one IHP 35 .22 cal rifel from KOVI SHOP - Bangalore.

Also asked me to bring it back after firing 200 shots to replace the existing spring to gsmith spring. He also does repairs and all.
congrats on your new buy,
but why need of changing the spring too early?

kitty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kitty » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 am

intially for the first time when i cocked the rifel(IHP 35 .22 cal) in the shop for testing... i felt its bit effortless (I compared it with my existing rifel) I told the shop guy the same. So he told me to get it back to shop after firing 200 shots... do u gys think its better to change the spring to gsmith one...?

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Kitty,
Depends on what you plan on using the rifle for.
IHP ships the guns with springs that are "safe" so many people usually change the spring after using it for some time. This give the IHP more of a punch.
However if paper punching is what you intend to do then you can stick to the original spring and then later on change to Gsmith when required.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:21 am

Actually, there is a pretty good balance of spring power to piston delivery to pellet weight, in the IFG. I would suggest not to mess with it. One may seem to get more punch, but the accuracy or life of the gun may be compromised.
As far as I know, the port thru which the piston transfers the force onto the pellet is matched well to the spring supplied. Putting a much stringer spring may not do a correct transfer onto the pellet.
If the pellet is getting shattered when the gun is held vertically with its barrel a few inches above ground, that should suffice. But to do this, one has to have proper footwear and ensure there is no mis-firing involved. Maybe we can check this at the range when we meet on Saturday :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by R-Dhillon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:40 pm

Bought a brand new .22 cal IHP today for 3500/- but when I came home and compared it to a .177 IHP I had bought about 6 years back, the quality of the stock, barrel grooves and cocking effort(not that smooth) even the metal and screws were not of the same quality...it's jus the IHP stamp which is the same...Why has the quality gone down over the years?... beats me...

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by R-Dhillon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:53 pm

I was thinking of putting a John knibbs spring with a Gsmith washer in it...n TenX does the pellet shatter into pieces or it just gets dented when shot on the ground?....

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Dhillon,
The IHP that I have shatters the pellet to the last noticeable rim of the shape...
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------