Which airgun should I buy?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
m24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Which airgun should I buy?

Post by m24 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 pm

abhrankash wrote:are the guns from I.H.P for 4.5mm or 0.177caliber are good?
or I should go for any other imported gun of the above mentioned caliber?
Please take out time to go through all the posts on this topic, which is already present on the forum.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

For Advertising mail webmaster
abhrankash
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by abhrankash » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Is it good to go with these two models of Webley Scott if you talk better accuracy in terms of winning a medal at state level competitions.?

WEBLEY BLACK HAWK 0.177calber

Stingray II .177 Spring Rifle SRP

cost is medium if you do insist for the competition point of view.

I am talking of Webley Scott because during my childhood days when my grand father was alive he owes a 12 bore of Webley Scott 1920 make and made in Birmingham from that day I do have a dream to acquire a gun from Webley Int.
Ironically that gun is not now with my family as no body in my family is having interest in shooting except me.
ABHRANKASH

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Winston Churchill

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

A Das...
IHP makes a compressed air rifle, which is probably the best India has to offer. If you can, get a club membership and import a good one. You can begin with very low priced stuff like the Daisy Avanti, or go in for much higher stuff like the Feinwerkbau 700 Match Air Rifle. The discretion is completely left to your Vitamin 'M' source :)
I, personally, would suggest you to start off directly with a 'Peep Sight' match gun, and skip the 'Open Sight' stuff. This is if you are keen on competition only. If you would like to do plinking and 'fun', then go in for an open sight.
Forget Webley Scott for Aur Rifle competition. If you want, buy another WS 12 bore and relive memories of the old gold days :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks, Mundaire,

Fantastic article!!!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

abhrankash
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by abhrankash » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Is daisy avanti available in india?

right now I have seen the price its around $ 279 so according to today's price it will be around 12,382 INR its ok price
Feinwerkbau-FWB (if) its around 80k which is very high price for me.

truly speaking I can spend up to 15,000 INR for a air rifle FOB Bhubaneswar airport

kindly suggest me a good air rifle with in this range.

with the name of the dealer and the city
ABHRANKASH

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Winston Churchill

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Daisy is NOT available in India. Like I mentioned earlier, get a club membership and import one.
May I also suggest that you do some bit of 'Googling' and searching inside this forum... Most of what we are discussing is already posted :)

Best of luck.
TenX :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

abhrankash
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by abhrankash » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm

TenX wrote:Daisy is NOT available in India. Like I mentioned earlier, get a club membership and import one.
May I also suggest that you do some bit of 'Googling' and searching inside this forum... Most of what we are discussing is already posted :)

Best of luck.
RIGHT NOW I GOT THE MAIL FROM DAISY THEY ARE ASKING FOR $550 IT MEANS THE COST IS AROUND 24,315.21INR THIS IS BEYOND MY LIMIT SO I WILL GO FOR PEEP SIGHT OF IHP BY 0.177 CALIBER FRO 10M SHOOTING

-- Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:21 pm --
TenX wrote:Daisy is NOT available in India. Like I mentioned earlier, get a club membership and import one.

Best of luck.
RIGHT NOW I GOT THE MAIL FROM DAISY THEY ARE ASKING FOR $550 IT MEANS THE COST IS AROUND 24,315.21INR THIS IS BEYOND MY LIMIT SO I WILL GO FOR PEEP SIGHT OF IHP BY 0.177 CALIBER FRO 10M SHOOTING
ABHRANKASH

Winston Churchill

girrish sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by girrish sharma » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:42 pm

I will request you to please buy a legal air gun which satisfy test under GSR 991 and also note hunting is preventive and criminal offence
girrish

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 am

I have a blanket answer, Walther LG 400 Alutec Expert

sahiljatana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sahiljatana » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Hello All,

First post. I am a complete newbie. Have been wanting an air rifle since i was a kid, generally for some target practice and pest control.

I have been on this forum for a while now, continuously reading reviews etc, But i am utterly confused with which rifle to buy. I have read about Aimco, IHP, Canon and ISW.

So I decided to call the dealers of the IHP rifles in Bombay, but unfortunately, none of them have stock. So I searched yellow pages and I found out that Proline Fitness sells air rifles. They, however have no idea of the brand or the details of the rifle. I think it was an ISW, it looked like the one in the picture, but it had a different muzzle end. But it had a similar hole in the stock for the thumb.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They quoted me Rs. 6000 for it. A little beyond my budget. However went to another shop and they had an IHP for 8200 :shock: But the finishing of the rifle that i saw at Proline was much much better than the IHP.

I have a budget of about 4,000. Can anyone recommend me a good rifle. And also a good place to buy the same in Bombay?

Thank You.

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:33 pm --

Sorry Guys, for another back to back post, but just found out that the rifle i saw at Proline fitness was a DBS AR 007 M 95.

Anyone used DBS? Any reviews? I like the build quality and the feel of the rifle. Checked out their website, they have the following rifles available.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks
Sahil
Dream On!

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:33 pm

hi Sahil,
your purpose for the air-rifle is not mentioned. target shooting or casual plinking, you can see in the sale section a few IHP. check what callibre your need .22 or .177, and go for one of them. IHP shortage in market was mentioned earlier in one of the posts, contact [email protected] (from their website) or call them, to find if one can be procured directly from them.

Next option is the Aimco underlever (.22), goto aimco.co.in for the information on it, and you will find reviews and pics here in Air-guns section.

go for one of these, they are tested and tried, and in the price range you mentioned..

Thomas

hari
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hari » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 pm

i will be visiting my son (usa) i wish to import a .22 air gun while returning,someone pl. suggest a fairly good side lever or under lever gun.i have a ihp .22 break barrel, not so good ,costing upto 600 usd

sahiljatana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sahiljatana » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 pm

hi Sahil,
your purpose for the air-rifle is not mentioned. target shooting or casual plinking, you can see in the sale section a few IHP. check what callibre your need .22 or .177, and go for one of them. IHP shortage in market was mentioned earlier in one of the posts, contact [email protected] (from their website) or call them, to find if one can be procured directly from them.

Next option is the Aimco underlever (.22), goto aimco.co.in for the information on it, and you will find reviews and pics here in Air-guns section.

go for one of these, they are tested and tried, and in the price range you mentioned..

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, the purpose is casual plinking, I shall contact IHP and figure out availability, but the one i IHP i saw (.22), i didnt like the finishing of the rifle as compared to DBS. The Aimco Under lever (M300) works out a little expensive as the cost is 4500, there will be added cost of shipping & octroi in Mumbai.

Thanks for the help though,
Cheers
Dream On!

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi, Sahiljatana,

Can you confirm website of DBS, Google cannot find DBS :lol:

Cheers!

EssDee
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

sahiljatana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sahiljatana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 am

Hey EssDee

The website for DBS is - http://www.daymabandukwalasports.com/

However i am not sure of the products. The one rifle i saw in the market was for 6000, however when i called them, they told me the same model is for 8500.

Still havent been able to zero in on the one i want. IHPs are out of stock. Also found another website - http://www.nationalairarms.com/index.htm the rifles look very nice on the site. Dont know yet how they are though.
Dream On!