Where can we shoot in Vadodara?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sky56
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Where can we shoot in Vadodara?

Post by Sky56 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello all,
I have a Precihole VX100 air rifle. I used to shoot it on the terrace of my house. But because of neighbours, I had to discontinue shooting. The rifle is simply sitting in the stirage room ever since.

However, I wish to start shooting the rifle again. Not for serious target shooting but just for fun. I could not find any place around my house to shoot the rifle.

If you guys have any idea about the place where I can go and shoot for fun, please let me know!

Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
daHulk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

My experience

Post by daHulk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 am

Hi Sky56,

I am from Cochin but my hometown is in a suburban area 100 KM's away. We have a good spread of farm land where I can target practice or even hunt crows anytime without anybody bothering. But since I work in kochi I can't travel 100 KM's just to shoot. So what I did was I took a ride in search for a good land. Preferably gated and walled. Then I found the owner of couple of good spots and told them that I am a competitive shooter and I need a place to practice badly (use ur in born actor for more effective results) I also took along my rifle and few pellets to show them it won't be too loud or can't do any real harm.. and out of 4 PPL I spoke to 2 agreed and I now have 2 different spots where I do regular plinking..

Hope it helps

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My experience

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:55 pm

daHulk wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:32 am
Hi Sky56,

I am from Cochin but my hometown is in a suburban area 100 KM's away. We have a good spread of farm land where I can target practice or even hunt crows anytime without anybody bothering. But since I work in kochi I can't travel 100 KM's just to shoot. So what I did was I took a ride in search for a good land. Preferably gated and walled. Then I found the owner of couple of good spots and told them that I am a competitive shooter and I need a place to practice badly (use ur in born actor for more effective results) I also took along my rifle and few pellets to show them it won't be too loud or can't do any real harm.. and out of 4 PPL I spoke to 2 agreed and I now have 2 different spots where I do regular plinking..

Hope it helps
I feel you were lucky. Generally people are not supportive in this respect.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Where can we shoot in Vadodara?

Post by mundaire » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:54 pm

There are private airgun ranges popping up all across the country, I'm sure you should be able to locate one in a town the size of Vadodara.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 pm

I believe private property which is well defined, non-encroachable and guarded by the terrain is a perfect spot for a Target Range.
mundaire wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:54 pm
There are private airgun ranges popping up all across the country, I'm sure you should be able to locate one in a town the size of Vadodara.
Abhijeet sir, as this question for airguns, is there any legal formality for firearms?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:59 pm

Per arms rules 2016, firearm ranges require a license.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein