Requirement of Fair price regulation on IFG sale threads.

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Requirement of Fair price regulation on IFG sale threads.

Post by amit888_2000 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:32 pm

1 more thing i like to +, is when one is done with his/her post, i mean a seller or buyer......may be after 1 day, mods pls delete that post, or the member should intimate mods to delete the post.....

this will help in offloading site burden....to some extent...and help the buyer or seller to quickly surf the rest....

Guys again, it's just a suggession...

))cheers!!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri May 28, 2010 7:24 pm

I feel that one can get whatever commission one wants (thats the basis of free trade and capitalism).

If one doesnt want to buy, no one is forcing one you to.

I want to sell my airgun for 10 lakhs. 16 years old national airgun .22; rear sight wobbly and the stock to action fit is wobbly too. Reblued twice. Shot 20000 pellets through it. Slightly rusted. I think its worth it.

Reason for the price: none (will you accept sentimetal value as good enough reason).

If you think its too expensive, dont buy it. How can IFG (or someone else) tell me how much i want to sell it for?

For the record, ive never sold any item on IFG, and dont intend to in the near future.
Do i think guns etc are over priced in India? yes.
Do i wish they were cheaper? yes
Do I wish everyone sold cheap stuff? of course yes.

But i would rather the system improved rather than a few people deciding what the seller can charge for stuff he bought and he wants to sell.

I do think IFG should get some percentage but I think goods upto a certain value should be free. I mean why ask for commission for stuff that sells for a tenner. If we agree on a system like income tax, that its free till a certain amount, then the percentage commission also increases with the commodity price etc.

For eg:

stuff till 2000 free
3000-5000 1%
5000-10000 2%
10000-100000 2.5%
above 100000 3%

This is just an eg and not a suggestion. This will to some extent help in keeping the price down. If the rates are tweaked appropriately, it will help i keeping the prices down to some extent.

P.S.: I better put up my airgun for sale before the mods decide to impliment my ideas :wink:
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Hello Eternalme,
Frankly speaking, after talking to my good friend Amit 357, I am wondering what a 'fair price' is or should be? he has informed me that a 357 mag, ruger costs around 25 lacs!, A few good 30 06s are being quoted around 15 to 35 lacs! it appears, people who buy these weapons are not perturbed by the price, since its an ego issue and keeping up with the Joneses. For these chaps, the prices mentioned above is 'fair ' enough. So where does that put thousands of blokes like you and me?
Finally, the free market approach adopted by IFG is the most practical one, since devising a 'mechanism' for determining fair price is certainly out of their scope of objectives.
On principle, Yes, I agree with you.
Regards

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 am

hvj1 wrote: Finally, the free market approach adopted by IFG is the most practical one, since devising a 'mechanism' for determining fair price is certainly out of their scope of objectives.
On principle, Yes, I agree with you.
Regards
Dear HVJ1

About devising a mechanism - I already hinted on the way to go forward and that is - actual price + cut as no-one is manufacturing anything its all a resale and like any commodity except its something about which there is less knowledge available and the way to go is quite tricky.

In order to help the newbie it would be best if we start a new trend here while we can, the ultimate objective of gun awareness can't be fulfilled until the major part of gun ownership (money ) is a grey area.
About guns being sold at 25 L + prices - as I already mentioned those are the guns which come under restricted supply and hence command direct demand and supply rule but the same is not true about the Airguns, PCP , co2 and blanks which are being imported afresh.

Only caveat being that some are able to import them and other are not , but that shouldn't be license anyone to create a black market for the stuff , come on we are talking about gun brotherhood here and supporting a cause.

Its worth pondering over as IFG for sure can use some extra cents as well as the newbies can be benefited by the fairness of the system.

A new step takes a little thinking and a lot of courage at first but later on a single step makes a path which is appreciated by many.

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:16 am

A new step takes a little thinking and a lot of courage at first but later on a single step makes a path which is appreciated by many.
:agree:
Dear Eternalme,
The question is , who will bell the cat? It is for the IFG board to decide the matter, if they are willing, then lets go ahead. There are enough minds here who would step up to the line and volunteer for devising the said mechanism. In hindsight, this would be an excellent service to the newbies. Lets wait and see the response from the Board.
Best Regards

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Sat May 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi All!

I think members should be allowed to comment on the prices. It would benefit other members who are intrested in buying and may get a chance to negotiate and pay a fair price for the same. This does not mean that the seller needs to reduce the price latter. It is up to the seller. Like wise, if a buyer feels he is getting his money's worth, he/she may go ahead and buy an item at the seller's quoted price.

Best

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun May 30, 2010 4:44 am

If guns and related accessories were the equivalent of a FAIR PRICE DEPOT ration shop, there could have been a price regulation in this country. In the current scenario, its a sellers market and regulation went out of the window when imports first got banned.
Regulating prices via an arbit 'commission level' set up by an internet board sounds a bit far fetched and too altruistic for a gun society not normally used to fair trade for nearly 2 generations now.IMHO only...

Ticky,
there was a complaint about you in this forum.Please contact the member and post clarification here

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9769
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Mon May 31, 2010 4:35 am

eljefe ,

You might be right about what is the trend, we are exploring what could be the next trend.

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon May 31, 2010 6:01 am

I don't want to sound pessimistic and completely agree with you about the prices quoted.But,I honestly fail to see how prices can be regulated.

I would also like to see if our commercial sellers like to share their wisdom.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon May 31, 2010 7:02 am

Utopia? how on earth can we expect to change the mental set up?
Scenario-
A Parker Hale 30-06 for sale -25 Lacs :shock: , post on IFG, major hullaabaloo, all want price down to 90K, Seller dies of shame and agrees to bring price down to IFG level- "I'm selling with a clear conscience!"
It works -Hurrah??!
This when all of us have become experts at multitasking various kinds of ' economic' jugaad, thoda adjust karo, solpa adjust madi- in our day to day life? Is IFG the Harbringer of a new moralistic utopia? 8)

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Mon May 31, 2010 11:24 am

I feel we should at least be allowed to comment on the price in a gentlemanly manner.

Ruger 357 Mag- 25 Lacs????????

Last time I checked, which was last week, a Ruger GP100 was going for less than half that price!
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon May 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Ashar,
to post an extreme example,you put up your 458 Mag for sale,or I a 375 double- the maximum and most vociferous posts will mostly be from someone who hasnt the slightest clue about it,or any intention of buying it,maximum claim to fame is probably a fanciful named airgun- but considers it his birthright to protest...probably may even mouth a threat-"I will call the media!" :lol: or even send you sms threats.
Now, a 'gentlemanly' comment is totally dependent on the 'gentlemanliness of the person involved...Isnt it enough that we have so many fasaads and action here, without a certain X factor in the form of protests/derogatory comments etc?
At the expense of bringing out howls for my blood, let me state, we Indians are good businessmen/astute economists, etc, but very immature gunowners...probably has to do with our fathers not protesting enough about the gun ban in 1984, leaving a whole generation completely bereft of guns;at the mercy of an equally repressed press(they are, but dont know it...) who dutifully mouth inanities like 'sophisticated , high power' for circa 1947 designed guns.
Most boards around the WWW are made with certain aims and obviously, lots of restrictions, to suit the intrest group , and not necessarily based on any charter of freedom of speech/ rights.
This I often have to remind posters who infarct rules and get carded.If this is going to turn into a movement which may achieve something-good for IFG.We may also start a "board of shame" for most corrupt IPS, IAS officer of your town, "stop dowry" and ofcourse the three P's- POWER PARKING PAANI movement?? -not posted with an entirely sarcastic or tongue in cheek interest 8)

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon May 31, 2010 9:22 pm

eljefe wrote:Ashar,
to post an extreme example,you put up your 458 Mag for sale,or I a 375 double- the maximum and most vociferous posts will mostly be from someone who hasnt the slightest clue about it,or any intention of buying it,maximum claim to fame is probably a fanciful named airgun- but considers it his birthright to protest...probably may even mouth a threat-"I will call the media!" :lol: or even send you sms threats.
Now, a 'gentlemanly' comment is totally dependent on the 'gentlemanliness of the person involved...Isnt it enough that we have so many fasaads and action here, without a certain X factor in the form of protests/derogatory comments etc?
At the expense of bringing out howls for my blood, let me state, we Indians are good businessmen/astute economists, etc, but very immature gunowners...probably has to do with our fathers not protesting enough about the gun ban in 1984, leaving a whole generation completely bereft of guns;at the mercy of an equally repressed press(they are, but dont know it...) who dutifully mouth inanities like 'sophisticated , high power' for circa 1947 designed guns.
Most boards around the WWW are made with certain aims and obviously, lots of restrictions, to suit the intrest group , and not necessarily based on any charter of freedom of speech/ rights.
This I often have to remind posters who infarct rules and get carded.If this is going to turn into a movement which may achieve something-good for IFG.We may also start a "board of shame" for most corrupt IPS, IAS officer of your town, "stop dowry" and ofcourse the three P's- POWER PARKING PAANI movement?? -not posted with an entirely sarcastic or tongue in cheek interest 8)
:cheers: :agree: :cheers:

Bravo salut shabash
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 am

eljefe,

Very right ,for, those who had any voice in 1984 were like of those who are running in their fourties now,

just that they didn't have means and brains to oppose it, doesn't mean the whole nation has to suffer.

About hinting real gun example, probably you would like to visit the original post which states
(real gun price is understandable due to ban on import)
Slow down a bit (Sir) with reference to 3p and IAS officer stuff.

Humbly stated with no tongue in cheek or armchair sarcastic ejaculations . :P :lol:

Much Regards

Requesting moderators to take this thread offline.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh Yes Eternal me, I had my run in with the '3P' besides the power paani parking ,I guess its the 4th P which has been recorded to be honest, from many millennia ;)
A good discussion and rant is always welcome, so I hope the mods let it be :lol: