What are these guns?

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
monaco116718
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

What are these guns?

Post by monaco116718 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi guys,
This is my very first topic on the forum. Once on a visit to Mount Abu, Rajasthan, with my family, about 13-14 years back when I was still a kid, I saw a few guys selling some awesome looking revolvers openly. There was a novelty kind of a shop where a few people were practicisng shooting. I can recall that the revolvers looked very real and so were the bullets, but when I saw people shooting, there was no such explosion that used to happen, only the bullets were being released from the barrel. Outside the shop a few guys were standing next to a board(just like the ones which hold cheap sunglasses on the roadside) on which a lot of revolvers were placed. I could'nt get to see much as my mother was just trying to get me and my brother out of that place since we were kids. My questions are: what are these guns all about? are they legal? if legal, where are they available?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Goldfinger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: What are these guns?

Post by Goldfinger » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Probably good plastic replicas and spring powered.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:03 pm

I honestly have no idea.But, it's safe to make a conjecture that they were toy pistols. If you want them, better to look for them in similar places.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

monaco116718
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by monaco116718 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.
@Goldfinger: Do you know or have you heard of such plastic or metal replicas available legally?
Secondly can we assume that they were some kind of country made toys for sports? asking because I have lived in Mumbai all my life and never come across such high precision toys with life-like bullets whereas I got to spot them in a tourist spot & that too so many years ago.
And yes, are blank guns legal and available in India for posession as collectibles, apart from being used as props?

monaco116718
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by monaco116718 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Sorry for asking again: are blank guns legal and available in India for posession as collectibles, apart from being used as props?

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:05 pm

monaco116718 wrote:Sorry for asking again: are blank guns legal and available in India for posession as collectibles, apart from being used as props?
They should be - check the for sale section...there are a couple that have popped up over the past few days.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!