US military to stop giving ammo to civilian gun manufactur

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
warthog
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

US military to stop giving ammo to civilian gun manufactur

Post by warthog » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:22 pm

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod- ... itary.html

no ammo=useless guns
AND SO IT BEGINS...
We all wondered when it was going to start--when the new administration would make their move against us as gun owners.

Oh, everyone got upset about HR45--I'll bet I got over 100 e-mails warning me about this draconian gun registration bill that had been introduced in Congress.
Dear Valued Customer:

Please take a moment to note important changes set forth by the Defense Logistics Agency:

Recently it has been determined that fired munitions of all calibers, shapes and sizes have been designated to be Demil code B. As a result and in conjunction with DLA's current Demil code B policy, this notice will serve as official notification which requires Scrap Venture (SV) to implement mutilation as a condition of sale for all sales of fired munitions effective immediately. This notice also requires SV to immediately cease delivery of any fired munitions that have been recently sold or on active term contracts, unless the material has been mutilated prior to sale or SV personnel can attest to the mutilation after delivery. A certificate of destruction is required in either case.

Thank you,

DOD Surplus

For Advertising mail webmaster
CZHarry
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: US military to stop giving ammo to civilian gun manufactur

Post by CZHarry » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:27 am

While this new directive could spell the death of ammo reloading businesses, and they are worried, there may be light at the end of an otherwise dark tunnel. I copied the comments below from another forum. Mixed lots with salvagable banned materials (which may include spent brass casings) must be destroyed first.
Of course, the Obamites could change things for the worse with the stroke of a pen.
ETA: This once-fired brass, in the thousands of pounds, is sold at government auction to the highest bidder.
CZH
...............................................................................................
They continue to sell brass with no destruction requirements.
What has changed is that the mixed lots of wire, bolts parts and such sold off as scrap now requires on-site destruction to ensure it's used as scrap, and not recycled back as is at horrid and Capitalistic profits.

Auctions are marked as such and rifle and pistol once fired brass is available with no need to destroy it.

ADDED COMMENT: Re: Recent concerns on destruction of surplus brass

I FORGOT TO ADD: this began in order to prevent salvaged avionics, wiring harnesses, sub-assemblies, etc. and structural airplane parts being sent to IRAN (and other belligerent nations)to service their US made but now forbidden to supply planes.

A bunch of people got caught DOIN IT and now all parts sold as scrap have no chance of being washed off and sold as functional parts to the bad guys who captured our aircraft.
Last edited by CZHarry on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

licensed2carry.com
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by licensed2carry.com » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 am

There is def more activity in the firearms industry since OBAMA took the office. It will be very interesting to see how things pan out now.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:34 am

warthog wrote:http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod- ... itary.html

no ammo=useless guns
AND SO IT BEGINS...
We all wondered when it was going to start--when the new administration would make their move against us as gun owners.

Oh, everyone got upset about HR45--I'll bet I got over 100 e-mails warning me about this draconian gun registration bill that had been introduced in Congress.
Dear Valued Customer:

Please take a moment to note important changes set forth by the Defense Logistics Agency:

Recently it has been determined that fired munitions of all calibers, shapes and sizes have been designated to be Demil code B. As a result and in conjunction with DLA's current Demil code B policy, this notice will serve as official notification which requires Scrap Venture (SV) to implement mutilation as a condition of sale for all sales of fired munitions effective immediately. This notice also requires SV to immediately cease delivery of any fired munitions that have been recently sold or on active term contracts, unless the material has been mutilated prior to sale or SV personnel can attest to the mutilation after delivery. A certificate of destruction is required in either case.

Thank you,

DOD Surplus

Hey Warthog,

Why does what happens in the U.S. gunworld bother you so much? Isn't it irrelevant for someone who isn't even on this planet?

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Actually the policy has been reversed.
Read all about it

Apparently was just someone in the new administration doing some cya.