Some people think they can shoot anything

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Some people think they can shoot anything

Post by msandhu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:17 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/25/mow ... index.html

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- A 56-year-old Milwaukee man is accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.
Keith Walendowski told police he felt he had a right to shoot his mower.

Keith Walendowski told police he felt he had a right to shoot his mower.

Keith Walendowski has been charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski says he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning.

He told police: "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She says he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered

For Advertising mail webmaster
b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 pm

this is what you get when a country passes a law where all its citizens has the right to own arms.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:29 pm

I initially thought the bloke only shot a machine. But the sentence "According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski says he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning" talks about a *boy*. I hope he did not shoot any person, because the main statement is that he shot a mover, which should, most probably, be a machine.
ON a lighter side, I knew another local bloke who would shoot the street lights across his house every night, and never considered pulling the blinds!
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:08 pm

b.baracho";p="48138 wrote: this is what you get when a country passes a law where all its citizens has the right to own arms.

I can't believe I'm reading statements like this on a pro-gun forum..!! :roll: So you suggest the government confiscate everyone's guns? How about they start off by confiscating your guns first? :x

Just because one idiot did something stupid - do you think it justifies tarring with the same brush the millions of Americans who own & use firearms in a responsible manner? This sounds painfully like the sort of misguided tripe that one expects from the anti-gun nazis, but from someone who is purportedly an enthusiast??!! It's a shame to read this sort of statement here...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Some people think they can shoot anything

Post by james » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Some months back i was in US and went to a gun shop in Vegas ,buying a gun is simple . The owner being friendly guy ,just start asking me about Indian guns / arms law , he was surprised to know the tedious process for getting licence in India. HE prominently asked me ,if a intuuder is in farmhouse ,how this middleaged lady is going to protect herself , you told me you live in democratic country where only bad guys have 9mm and average common citizen is on there luck of being spared .
WITHIN 4 HOURS more than 12 customer walked out with a selfdefence weapon and people just prefer pistol hardly any revolver taker, even the owner trusted his life on GLOCK. They have more than 30 customers every day mostly repeat buyers. JAMES

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:43 pm

"Lawn Boy" is a mower. There are probably two charges being pressed. Discharging a firearm within city limits, and discharging a firearm while intoxicated. In some places it's safer to do something stupid while sober. Drinking and lawn mowing just don't mix. Cheers.

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:18 pm

TenX";p="48139 wrote:I initially thought the bloke only shot a machine. But the sentence "According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski says he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning" talks about a *boy*. I hope he did not shoot any person, because the main statement is that he shot a mover, which should, most probably, be a machine.
ON a lighter side, I knew another local bloke who would shoot the street lights across his house every night, and never considered pulling the blinds!
Lawn boy is name of lawn mower machine. The guy shot his machine because he was mad it did not start. As far as gun laws, we know many a people who are very careless with guns in the country with strict laws (India ). Unfortunately there are no laws that can prevent stupidity.
Cheers
Msandhu

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Heights of getting drunk... imaging getting so drunk that you want to mow the lawn ... har har
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:48 pm

hi all
i think this incident tell us that we should act responsibly while armed, he was angry and shot the lawn mover,the next time it could be a human.

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:17 pm

mundaire";p="48145 wrote:
b.baracho";p="48138 wrote: this is what you get when a country passes a law where all its citizens has the right to own arms.

I can't believe I'm reading statements like this on a pro-gun forum..!! :roll: So you suggest the government confiscate everyone's guns? How about they start off by confiscating your guns first? :x

Just because one idiot did something stupid - do you think it justifies tarring with the same brush the millions of Americans who own & use firearms in a responsible manner? This sounds painfully like the sort of misguided tripe that one expects from the anti-gun nazis, but from someone who is purportedly an enthusiast??!! It's a shame to read this sort of statement here...
Just chill out bro :x just dont junp and catch the bull by its tail we are talking about Wisconsin USA here not INDIA when I say ( this is what you get when a country passes a law where all its citizens has the right to own arms.) i mean any tom can get a permit for a gun in the USA In India it is not easy to optain a gun licence there is a lot of scrutenizing done . :wink:

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 pm

b.baracho";p="48316 wrote:
mundaire";p="48145 wrote:

Just chill out bro :x just dont junp and catch the bull by its tail we are talking about Wisconsin USA here not INDIA when I say ( this is what you get when a country passes a law where all its citizens has the right to own arms.) i mean any tom can get a permit for a gun in the USA In India it is not easy to optain a gun licence there is a lot of scrutenizing done . :wink:
Hi B.Bracho,
I kind of disagree with this statement of yours "any tom can get a permit for a gun in the USA ". Legally not everyone can get a gun. There are federal laws who can and who cannot buy a gun. I think the legal age to keep buy hangun in 21 years and above and for long guns , its 18 years. When someone goes to buy a firearm, the dealer has to run a background check for any criminal record or mental illness. Some states take a few days to weeks for this check while in other it may take few minutes to few hours.
Yes guns are readily available here and there are many private buys also but its illegal to buy handguns without going through FFL.
Cheers
MSandhu

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 pm

take my word buddy to get a arms licence in India is no childs play and besides i was talking about the USA no reason for mundaire to take it so personal
Last edited by b.baracho on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:47 pm

b.baracho";p="48316 wrote: i mean any tom can get a permit for a gun in the USA
Mr Baracho,

It’s not exactly as easy as it appeared from outside. In USA they do have a background check policy for Criminal Record, Mental Stability, and Addicted Drunker etc where someone has to qualify prior getting the license known as cool off period. And here background check is background Check you know what I mean. Also my experience is most of the American are very much responsible when it comes to gun and gun safety, off course there are exceptions and that is applicable everywhere of the world, rather I would say in India I often find people keeping guns, just because of status symbol and they don’t know anything about safe gun handling. Some even don’t know what make model they have or even how to operate it safely. How about our police force, If I recall correctly in this year, at least five or more incident has been reported in newspaper where a crime/accident has took place just because of careless handling of service revolver or not storing it properly unloaded in a safe location, and some policemen known to have formal firearms training are responsible for all of this incidents/accidents in a country called India known to have the most stringent gun laws among the world...

Regards
Saptarshi

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 pm

b.baracho";p="48319 wrote:take my word buddy to get a arms licence in India is no childs play and besides i was talking about the USA no reason for mundaire to take it so personal
Baracho cut the BS,if one has a legit reason,there is very little cause for denial.
The refusal is generally because the Licensee is unable to convince the authorities
for the need of of a Lic.Suggest in your case stick to blowing air,and pushing AR's :wink:

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi B.Bracho,
I agree with you that getting a license in India is pain in the ass. I myself had to go through a lot to get my license in India. while in USA buying a gun is much more easier ( just be a responsible citizen)
Cheers
MSandhu