one of the top snipers of our time

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:35 pm

killing human in peace or war times .There is no greatness in these kinds of deeds my friend especially in a war you have ho business being in the first place.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 pm

b.baracho";p="49186 wrote: killing human in peace or war times .There is no greatness in these kinds of deeds my friend especially in a war you have ho business being in the first place.
War is war Baracho - it's killed or be killed. Don't think I've ever met a single military man who enjoyed doing it, but like I said before - the choices don't leave much room for drawing room style debates :evil:

Your post does little to give credit to the men in green everywhere and in fact leaves a rather bad taste in the mouth.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:00 pm

b.baracho";p="49186 wrote: killing human in peace or war times .There is no greatness in these kinds of deeds my friend especially in a war you have ho business being in the first place.
i find it quite strange that a gun dealer should be saying this.

if Adolf Hitler was killed in the 1930s. would so many have died? or Stalin of that matter? or the pol pot to name a few.

if one wants to fight a war its no ones bussines but his own.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A great American Hero.

Post by b.baracho » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:18 pm

Freedom of speach ever heard of that :x thats my view on this topic and nagarifle I am no gun dealer do not know were you got that news from :? :?

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A great American Hero.

Post by b.baracho » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 am

ketan";p="49175 wrote: Dear all,

"One shot, One Kill" The name behind that is one of the greatest marine snipers that ever lived. . With 93 confirmed kills, and record for the longest confirmed kill ,2500 yrds. Carlos was the most famous American Sniper since WW I . He was one of the fore fathers of the sniper schools that we have today and has trained many great students. Carlos was a hero in many ways, other than sniping. He saved men from a burning armored vehicle and got burned over 90 percent of his body in the process. Carlos will be missed very much. I will always remember him and pass his legacy on to my children and hopefully them to theirs. This is my tribute to one Great American Hero, among many!!!

Thanks & Regards
Ketan

Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Norman Hathcock II was born in (May 20, 1942 ) and the world war 1 begain in
Europe from 1914 to 1918. :lol: his first gun was rifle that his father had brought back from Europe during World War II :oops: with a record of 93 confirmed kills and more than 300 probable kills during the Vietnam War http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock
my problem is not with soldiers who kill to save their country but with a country who especially in a war has no business being in the first place.I think so so did the great Martin Luther King, Jr.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeche ... ilence.htm :lol: :lol: :lol:

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

my hero is vassili and also that finnish guy who shot without a scope.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 am

b.baracho";p="49228 wrote: Freedom of speach ever heard of that :x thats my view on this topic and nagarifle I am no gun dealer do not know were you got that news from :? :?
yes i have heard of freedom of speech, but have you heard of letting others have the freedom of speech? your view is your view. My view is my view. And telling others what to should not be our business.

if you are not a dealer than i stand corrected and please accept my apologies.

as for the carols history was there not a thread in the forum not long ago?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 am

b.baracho";p="49230 wrote:
ketan";p="49175 wrote: Dear all,

"One shot, One Kill" The name behind that is one of the greatest marine snipers that ever lived. . With 93 confirmed kills, and record for the longest confirmed kill ,2500 yrds. Carlos was the most famous American Sniper since WW I . He was one of the fore fathers of the sniper schools that we have today and has trained many great students. Carlos was a hero in many ways, other than sniping. He saved men from a burning armored vehicle and got burned over 90 percent of his body in the process. Carlos will be missed very much. I will always remember him and pass his legacy on to my children and hopefully them to theirs. This is my tribute to one Great American Hero, among many!!!

Thanks & Regards
Ketan

Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Norman Hathcock II was born in (May 20, 1942 ) and the world war 1 begain in
Europe from 1914 to 1918. :lol: his first gun was rifle that his father had brought back from Europe during World War II :oops: with a record of 93 confirmed kills and more than 300 probable kills during the Vietnam War http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock
my problem is not with soldiers who kill to save their country but with a country who especially in a war has no business being in the first place.I think so so did the great Martin Luther King, Jr.
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeche ... ilence.htm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soldiers are NOT politicians Baracho, they do not decide on which wars are to be fought and which are morally just etc. They are professionals and go and fight where their country sends them. Have you forgotten those memorable lines of Tennyson?

Their's not to make reply,
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

IMHO the moral justifications (or the lack thereof), for any war do nothing to detract from the valour of those who put their lives on the line for their country.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:40 am

I am not telling others what to do pls read carefully those are my views on this topic and one should not be crucified to express his views.
just because one loves guns does not mean he cannot love non violence and just to remind you the father of our great nation Mahatma Gandhi was non violent and won a war against the mighty British, his thoughts and beliefs on non violence were great now dont tell me that some one still has a bad taste in his mouth.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 am

nagarifle";p="49242 wrote:as for the carols history was there not a thread in the forum not long ago?
Thread merged with the original one on Carlos.

b.baracho";p="49252 wrote: I am not telling others what to do pls read carefully those are my views on this topic and one should not be crucified to express his views.
just because one loves guns does not mean he cannot love non violence and just to remind you the father of our great nation Mahatma Gandhi was non violent and won a war against the mighty British, his thoughts and beliefs on non violence were great now dont tell me that some one still has a bad taste in his mouth.
I am not saying that you are "telling anyone what to do", however if you express your opinions on an open forum you should be prepared to hear/ read others opinions/ counter points to whatever you have expressed.

As to Gandhi, I'll leave you with the following quote (by him) to think about:

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence....I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonour. But I believe that non-violence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment. Forgiveness adorns a soldier...But abstinence is forgiveness only when there is the power to punish; it is meaningless when it pretends to proceed from a helpless creature....

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in