Does Indians Invent Gun & Technology ?

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Does Indians Invent Gun & Technology ?

Post by rajitkg12 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:25 am

Dear Friends,

Since From Childhood I Had This Question Of Belief That Guns And Rockets And (Other Technology As It's Not Relevant Here And I Am Not Mentioning It's Name Here).Must Be The. Invention Of Ancient India Thers Is My Own Reason For That,

But No Much Book And Knowledge To Prove The Fact,As We Know Most Of Them Were Destroyed By Invaders.

Even After Independence Of India We Din't Had Good Historian Who Tried To Shed Lights On These Side Of India

But Recently I Came Accross Some Genius Videos Of "Mr.Praveen Mohan" Hope Some Of Them Are Aware Of His Work,

As Our Ancestor Are Very Thoughtful And Intelligent To Carve And Left Some History On Stones, Unfortunately We Were Very Careless To Observe It.I Have Shared Two Links Just Let Me Know Your Thoughts About It.

Link:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Does Indians Invent Gun & Technology ?

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:44 pm

No record of Guns found in encient indian history. Some of the explosives were designed to protect forts, those were basically Gun powder packed earthen vessels or with oils and a ignition fuse. The soldiers ignite and throw that from forts on the invading forces. You can call it molotov cocktail of old days.

Tipu sultan invented some rockets. They were successful upto some extent.

Guns were never heard of.
Don't go with these videos. They have different claims but lack of proofs. And most of them were self proclaimed historians not even know exact history and its events.

Recent archeological excavation in sinauli reveals that dated back 4500 to 5000 yrs. India was in Copper and bronze age.

1200 yrs ago means 8th century. Or approx
Check the history.

There are many myths like fire power were used in Mahabharata war. Even Nukes. But no solid proof.

One more thing. This figure contains a gun or gun like thing in hand and in his wrist band there is a flask of gun powder. Same it shows in different pictures of 18th century pictures. Just search the 18th century pictures taken by French and British photo Grapher ( 1857-1858 pictures). They depict same Indian soldiers with Almost same dress. A turban, a dhoti short of cloth with a weist band contains a sword and gun powder flask.
May be this figure is not that old as claimed.
Regards

Shivaji

rajitkg12
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Does Indians Invent Gun & Technology ?

Post by rajitkg12 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:25 pm

@Shivaji Dasgupta

Dear Sir,

Thanks for very informative insight.