Transporting Weapons

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mavshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Transporting Weapons

Post by mavshot » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:58 am

Hello Folks,
I am shifting from Delhi to kolkata next MONTH.Am sending some of my stuff like car etc via Movers and packers. Coming to the point I have 3 weapons with me, pistol, revolver and pump action shotgun. Would it be any issue legal or logistical if I just send it in one of the trunks carrying my stuff?

Or

Can I send them via a courier agency like Gati etc.
Appreciate the help. Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Transporting Weapons

Post by Sam Kunal » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:37 am

Keep it with you for the time being. And carry it on your person when you move permanently. Sending through courier might not be a good idea ,after all the weapons are not cheap.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:26 pm

mavshot wrote:Hello Folks,
I am shifting from Delhi to kolkata next MONTH.Am sending some of my stuff like car etc via Movers and packers. Coming to the point I have 3 weapons with me, pistol, revolver and pump action shotgun. Would it be any issue legal or logistical if I just send it in one of the trunks carrying my stuff?

Or

Can I send them via a courier agency like Gati etc.
Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Hey , this might not be a very accurate information but as per my knowledge courier service like gati might not entertain transportation of arms . You need to check with logistic company that has the licence to transport arms in India . The gun houses might be the right place to begin with as to how they transport them.
Secondly the arms rules has a provision for a journey licence under form 11 where the weapons are endorsed on a licence and is issued by D.M for a specific period when the journey is likely to place .
There is also a provision in the form 12 for transport licence where weapons are not endorsed on a licence which might be of use for transportation through a transporter.
But i suspect from your query that you are shifting your residence. In which case you might be in need of help to migrate your licence to new jurisdiction of your residence.
Form 11 for journey licence is valid for air /road transportation according to my interpretation.
You can transport them yourself and register yourself with the new authority that might be a legal and right way.

Ajaybir S. Sandhu
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Assuming that you have All India License.
1. Carry them with you.
2. Under Chapter II part 3 of Arms Act 1959, license holder can give authority in written to someone else to carry his weapons on his behalf.

Some companies like Gati etc does transport weapons if you have NOC with TL but will they accept it against an authority letter, I can not say. What will be the result if stopped by some other authority, again I can not say because it depends on how the officer on duty interprets the law.

But yes, we arms dealers use the authority letter (under chapter II, part 3 of arms act 1959 ) all the time and no one can challenge it as it is allowed by the law.

Form XI (Journey license) is needed when weapon has to be carried outside the jurisdiction area of the license. If license is All India valid, then Form XI is not needed. Form XII is for arms dealers and does not apply in this case.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

mavshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mavshot » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 am

Vineet wrote:Assuming that you have All India License.
1. Carry them with you.
2. Under Chapter II part 3 of Arms Act 1959, license holder can give authority in written to someone else to carry his weapons on his behalf.

Some companies like Gati etc does transport weapons if you have NOC with TL but will they accept it against an authority letter, I can not say. What will be the result if stopped by some other authority, again I can not say because it depends on how the officer on duty interprets the law.

But yes, we arms dealers use the authority letter (under chapter II, part 3 of arms act 1959 ) all the time and no one can challenge it as it is allowed by the law.

Form XI (Journey license) is needed when weapon has to be carried outside the jurisdiction area of the license. If license is All India valid, then Form XI is not needed. Form XII is for arms dealers and does not apply in this case.
Many thanks. Do you happen to have the form performa with you?

Musale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Musale » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:28 pm

mavshot wrote:
Many thanks. Do you happen to have the form performa with you?
Forms will be available at the concerned Licensing authority (DM or CP office) depending on the area you are in.
A fee needs to be paid and form submitted and you should get the Journey Permit.

Rgds

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:59 am

I think the OP is asking for performa for authority letter.
Here it is....

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&sourc ... hX7HUmETwe

You can replace the word 'renewal' with repair/carry etc.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.