License for ceremonial sword

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
agd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

License for ceremonial sword

Post by agd » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Is it required to obtain any license for supplying Ceremonial Swords to the different government departments? If yes, with whom should we register to obtain license?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: License for ceremonial sword

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 am

ceremonial swords are not sharp and only has a symbolic use rather an active weapon role. till its not sharp its not classified as a weapon. it can termed as replica or show/display item or whatever you want to call it.
to the best of my knowledge no license is required for a replica or display item.
Regards

Shivaji

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:45 pm

So, if you setup shop to make Un-Sharpened Swords/Knives and display cold steel blades. No License required?

Like the deal wood test, is there a sharpness test to ascertain a manufactured blade is sharp or not?

A Blunt Sword can do a heck lot of damage, so im just trying to clarify is there a sharpness test, which qualifies a weapon as sharp or blunt and thus not requiring license to manufacture or possess.
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Not anything I have ever heard. Its an uncontrolled system as of now. Any Sharp blade Above a fixed length will be considered as weapon category. Many Road side shops in Rajasthan e.g. Udaipur, pushkar, Ajmer. Jodhpur used to sale this sort of non sharpened weapons. Once I was buying a Axe head (the typical half moon shaped one ) and I had a detailed conversation with the fellow. he said that they are not selling it as a weapon but as a display or replica item. To make a difference the blades are non sharpened and not high quality heat treated.
Last year I brought a straight sword from My home town @ Rs. 250. it has a Almost 3 Ft. Long blade and 11 Inch handle. Non Sharpened and HT quality was not good at all. I redo the HT with my local Blacksmith and Sharpening done at a shop doing all sort of Sharpening Jobs for Domestic and Commercial tools. Now Its perfect to Use. Cost me in total Rs. 425.
As far as I know the licensing process for selling sharp weapons are go same as fire arms. may be a little variation from state to state.
Regards

Shivaji

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Will request our legal guru's to chime in.

Would really like to understand the legal perspective of what is permissible and what is not

Regards,
-P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Read section 4 of the Arms Act 1959, with Rule No. 4 of Arms Rules 2016 along with Schedule I (Category V) of said Arms Rules.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Wootz
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Wootz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Until your state govt tells you to have one, Don’t need one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.