A simple rangefinding exercise

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

A simple rangefinding exercise

Post by nitroex700 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:38 am

I have been trying to pass on the precious sharpshooting skills to my better half.. Was teaching her rangefinding with a std milrad scope - subtentions at 1mil and .2 mils. She finally got it after about 30 mins of mathematcal-optical-harrassment... During which time I ended up nearly forgetting rangefinding myself. Consider proceeding with extreme caution with teaching shooting to your better halves.

In the meantime, here is a simple rangefinding exercise she is now able to do - find the distance to the man target if his height is 6ft.
images(73).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A simple rangefinding exercise

Post by moulindu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:33 am

Well i must say you chose wrong person for the wrong job :lol: . though my wife used to assist me in by spotting for me, but thats it. there is a fun side to it as well, as my wife used to giggle at me for every miss. So its a win win situation for me, as i smile when there is a hit & i make her laugh on my miss & eventually i smile at her silly giggles.
I didnt had the audacity for doing something like that, but dont do anything that takes her interest from shooting.
Well for your range finding tuition i have done a simple write up on rangefinding, if you like it can read it to your wife as well... :D
viewtopic.php?t=23359
:cheers:
Moulindu

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A simple rangefinding exercise

Post by nitroex700 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Well she wanted to know how I could calculate distances and sizes of things by "simply looking through the scope"... She is a decent shot at short ranges, now she wants to beat me at my game..! :D