Can any member indentify this rifle.

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Can any member indentify this rifle.

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Today while on net, i found this pic of Naxalite training in Saranda and near by forests in Jharkhand. The first two rifles i am not able to identify. either is a unknown model or a country made one. can any one help to identify.
4.jpg
4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Can any member indentify this rifle.

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:34 pm

The first and second ones in the pictures appear to be country made single shot rifles or shot guns. The third and fourth ones are SMLEs or country made copies of SMLEs. Few years ago had read a news item on net that besides looting weapons from police and central forces, they also have their own weapon making factories which produce AK 47s, SLRs and the like weapons.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:55 pm

yes, I think you are right. few more of this type of guns i saw in pics over net. may be a country made rifle.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:12 am

The Smellies are No. 4 mk 1's.
They look almost too good to be country made but you never know.
I used to have one in the 1980's. The one I had was made by Savage for lend-lease during WW2.
I paid $75 for it in 1984. It wasn't very accurate but it had that super smooth and fast SMLE action.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941