How to get new license?

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
sumitsharma
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to get new license?

Post by sumitsharma » Tue May 03, 2016 10:55 am

Hi,

Can any one tell me wow to get new license for the gun?

For Advertising mail webmaster
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: How to get new license?

Post by chicky » Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Dear Sumitsharma,

Inorder to obtain one you will need to visit your nearest Licensing Authority, which could be the DC's office or the Police Licensing Dept, depending on where you reside. Once there, you will need to explain your need for a firearm vide your application to the LA. If approved , you will be issued a license.There are, however, some prerequisites to be eligible for an arms license e.g minimum age of 21 years, no criminal record, real reason for applying for one etc ..

All the best,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: How to get new license?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue May 03, 2016 4:57 pm

sumitsharma wrote:Can any one tell me wow to get new license for the gun?
1. Copies of proof of age, identity and residence, passport size photos. If member of any shooting club, then copy of document proving membership.

2. Download the application form from MHA website and carefully fill it. Do not suppress any information that is asked and do not give any false or unasked information. Reason for license can be self protection. If you are member of any shooting club, the reason can be sport.

3. Submit the form along with documents and fees in the office of licensing authority. Take acknowledgement receipt.

4. Wait for the license. The wait can be few weeks to few months or few years. You have to be very patient and polite.

5. If application rejected contrary to the provisions of Arms Act 1959, then file appeal to the appellate authority. If still rejected then file a writ in High Court.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992