MOST EXPENSIVE GUN IN INDIA

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

MOST EXPENSIVE GUN IN INDIA

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:45 am

i would like to have the personal opinion of the members on the most expensive gun or hand gun available among the limited choice in India and what would be the cost of such a weapon here.
This is just an academic question as I often dream of guns that I could have owned, if I was in the USA. Now that I am too old to relocate to the USA, I wish to be practical and dream about it in India. :D :D

Regards

Atul

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MOST EXPENSIVE GUN IN INDIA

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:49 am

And no government auctions please :D

Regards

Atul

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 pm

ROTFL ROTFL :wink: :wink: :wink: I thought you already got your delivery by now for the most expensive gun ;)

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:56 pm

aadhaulya wrote:And no government auctions please :D
Regards Atul
Of course, Govt. auctions are not to be considered as they would provide the least expensive and the most sought after guns in the country! :lol:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:24 pm

In the US we have plain old shotguns on the shelf that go for $250,000. New manufacture.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:In the US we have plain old shotguns on the shelf that go for $250,000. New manufacture.
Now that is expensive. Which guns would they be...... In India shot guns are the cheapest ones, that are probably cheaper that a good or even a reasonably priced Air Rifle.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:11 am

aadhaulya wrote:
Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:In the US we have plain old shotguns on the shelf that go for $250,000. New manufacture.
Now that is expensive. Which guns would they be...... In India shot guns are the cheapest ones, that are probably cheaper that a good or even a reasonably priced Air Rifle.
Oh, you can get shotguns of any price. Even $20 :)

This is not the place I was thinking of as I cannot find it, but a decent example nonetheless:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... -showroom/

I think the average price of these guns is about $150,000 USD. With that much money at stake, and being made in England, I'm sure they would find a way to deliver one to you in India :)

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:58 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:I think the average price of these guns is about $150,000 USD. With that much money at stake, and being made in England, I'm sure they would find a way to deliver one to you in India :)
That is out of question, import of guns has been banned in India since 1984. The only way one can get it is if someone is transferring residence back to India and he has owned the gun for more than one year. That too only one gun and only once in his lifetime. Also that gun can only be sold after 10 years (I think) of import. If someone gets permission to sell it before that period he can never apply for an Arms License in his life time.
The only other way is import by a 'Renowned Shooter'.
Therefore, the guns we can buy are the third rate guns manufactured by the government's India Ordnance Factory at exorbitant prices or more than 30 year old imported ones at unimaginable prices. The cheapest imported hand gun would have a starting price of about 10,000 USD, which would probable sell for about 100 USD in the USA, as per 'armslist.com'.

Hence my question regarding the most expensive second hand gun in India.

Regards

Atul

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:16 am

So, in other words, it's possible :)

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:27 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:So, in other words, it's possible :)
Yes, by becoming a renowned shooter. That takes years of practice and loads of money for ammo, besides other hindrances like one is normally allowed to buy only 50 rounds of ammo in a year. So you have to convince the Licensing Authority of your requirement for more ammo. Also the cost of ammo would be 3 to 5 times the cost of ammo than the USA. It will also not be competition grade ammo.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:34 am

You're buying $150,000 to $275,000 USD shotguns, I assume you and the vendor are willing to put a little work into it and you are not concerned with the price of ammo ;)

That's more than my house cost on the high end.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:09 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:You're buying $150,000 to $275,000 USD shotguns, I assume you and the vendor are willing to put a little work into it and you are not concerned with the price of ammo ;)

That's more than my house cost on the high end.
On this forum, Commonwealth_of_PA you must have realized by now how difficult it is to get an Arms License. In India it is a rough estimate that only 4% of the people have licenses. Even to sell your gun you need permission from the LA and they will verify the license of the person you intend to sell the gun. This process of selling your gun takes up to 45 days before you get permission to sell it. Similarly when you buy a gun you have to give details of where you bought the gun from and the Arms Dealer has to give a list of all the guns sold to the LA every month.
Therefore, trying to get an imported gun registered on your license is impossible, but one will not reach that stage as he would go to prison straight away and his gun would get confiscated. There are 1000's of confiscated guns lying with customs.
There was a case a few months ago where a kid ordered a blank firing pistol, on line. Though as per the arms act a license is not required for it, the poor fellow got arrested even before he got delivery of that toy gun.

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Holland and Holland shotgun is the most expensive.Some big arms dealer may have it ,if you are lucky.There is no MRP so one has to pay the collectors price.In the case of handguns,it is the make and size which determines the price.As you may be aware, imported handguns have great snob value as it adds to the status of the owner.It is a continous race for one upmanship, so no brand can be considered the top one.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:42 pm

I'm reliably informed that a dealer in Delhi has a Glock for sale (with 2 interchangeable barrels/ slides of different calibres) which is being offered for....

Hold your breath all ye mango people....

Asking price of ₹ 5,200,000/-!! (approx US$ 78-80,000/-)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:14 pm

mundaire wrote:I'm reliably informed that a dealer in Delhi has a Glock for sale (with 2 interchangeable barrels/ slides of different calibres) which is being offered for....

Hold your breath all ye mango people....

Asking price of ₹ 5,200,000/-!! (approx US$ 78-80,000/-)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Wouldn't two different calibre barrels cause some drama with the LAs..?! In any case, in India more money spent might not necessarily indicate better quality!

IMHO the best way to lay your hands on a good imported gun is to become a Neta, do some bureaucratic drama, 'surrender' your useless .22 & get a spanking new Desert Eagle from army's stocks... Remember one famous gangster turned neta getting one that way...
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.