Auction action

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Auction action

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="26659 wrote:
kanwar76";p="26648 wrote:.22 for pounds 2............dozen please :D
Inder, do you realise that what we pay for a Brno in very good nick, we could have picked up 1000 of these rimfires?
Yep Rusty, I know

but no space to keep more that dozen :mrgreen:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:43 pm

Never mind, Grumpy.

YAAAAWN........

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:45 pm

kanwar76";p="26677 wrote:
Yep Rusty, I know

but no space to keep more that dozen :mrgreen:

-Inder
Keep the best and flog the rest. ;)

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:09 pm

Might I add what fun I had with the company of M/s Grumpy and Vikram. Even if the moral of the story seemed to be " water water everywhere and not a drop......". I was quite miffed at losing a winchester pigeon grade that Grumpy pointed out earlier (with a later warning, "are you sure you want it? it looks mighty funny :wink: "). so, the rest of the auction seemed so academic that i switched off my few grey cells , which sparked back when the hammer went down at 740 for the you know what , simultaneously with Vikram's "shit". :oops: my fault, should have been more awake.

funnily, as i stumbled back in the house late, laden with empty shotgun slips and guncases,SWMBO's swipe was, " did you leave anything for the others". Touche! :roll:

hmmmm, next time...... till then, lovingly unwrap the package that's lying in the corner, hope that it turns out to be what i think it is, and start trying to jugaado .22s to test it with.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Nan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:40 am

Hi, all.

Wonderful photos indeed. There is one particular pic from which I cannot tear myself away ;)

Thank you,

Nana

P.S. Vikram, do you have a nagging girlfriend? :P :D

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:23 am

Nice photos and pictures..looks like you all had fun. Not sure if there are similar auctions in US?

Best

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:26 am

HEY !!! NANA !!! Vikrams girlfriend is a terrible nagger !
We were talking about you on Thursday - how is Amsterdam ?
- By the way, I`m half Dutch............and your brandy was superb !

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:28 am

Navi, there are gun auctions in the US but not many as informal as this one.

Nan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Grumpy";p="26709 wrote: HEY !!! NANA !!! Vikrams girlfriend is a terrible nagger !
Oh, is she? Poor Vikram :( he must get rid of her!
Grumpy";p="26709 wrote: We were talking about you on Thursday - how is Amsterdam ?
- By the way, I`m half Dutch............and your brandy was superb !
So far I've just caught a glimpse of Amsterdam. I have to go there anyway and among other things I am planning to visit gun shops (there must be some). My photos won't be as good as Vikram's though :)

I fell in love with the Dutch. They are so genuinely friendly and benevolent, polite, helpful and with a good sense of humour. I feel very comfortable among them with one exception. They are very tall :D

Glad you liked Georgian brandi. You should search Vikram's house. Think he has secured some more in safe nooks ;) :D

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:03 pm

What is that great sized Hammer Cocking DBBL you are holding ? 10 Bore or 8 Bore ? or even bigger 4 Bore ? What was the barrel lenght ?

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:08 pm

Yeah, the Dutch are nice people........and so many of them speak English ! And you are right about them being tall - they are officially the tallest people on the planet.
They also have the highest rate of emigration of any country - last year over 130,000 of them left.........and many of the health professionals now work in the UK. That`s a direct result of an overly liberal immigration policy in the past with resultant problems.
Gun shops in Amsterdam ? I`ve never seen one......I can`t say I`ve actively looked though. There must be gun shops......................................
How long are you in the Netherlands for ? And are you actually based in Amsterdam ? My family are mostly from/in the Utrecht/Montfoort/Oudewater area somewhat South of Amsterdam.
So are you and Vikram going to be able to get together ? - There`s only about 300 miles between the two of you.
Some of your brandy made its way into the Christmas Pudding - traditional Georgian brandy in traditional English Christmas pud - how`s that for cross-cultural relations ? !
I`ve never met a Georgian ........ the nearest we can get is that one of my nephews married a Ukrainian girl.........It`s easy to think that the Ukraine and Georgia are close to each other but there must be almost a thousand miles between Tbilisi and Kiev........The former USSR was just SO huge.
I`ve seen pictures of Georgia....it is spectacularly beautiful in places ( ignoring the oil fields East of Tbilisi ! ) with an extremely varied terrain - everything from ( Black ) Sea-side to craggy mountains. The hunting is reckoned to be extraordinarily good as well.
- A Polish friend of ours reckons that Georgians are more hospitable and friendly than the Dutch even.
Just where is Vikram anyway........and why isn`t he joining in ? I reckon his girlfriend needs to nag him a bit !!! :wink: :lol:
Best wishes.
John.
Last edited by Grumpy on Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:15 pm

By the way - THAT photograph: Don`t you think that a barrel each side of Vikrams chubby cheeks makes him look attractively slimmer ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:31 pm

Dear John,

Many thanks for your post. I was delighted to read your favourable words about my country and people. I am a bit homesick and found your post most touching. Thank you.

Regarding the migration trends from my personal experience I can add that the immigration policy of Holland is just the opposite of your de.scription of the emigration policy. The red-tape procedure of obtaining visa is quite lengthy and so is the ensuing procedure for the residence permit, registration with a city etc. My file has been taken care off by the University and still according the visa sticker in my passport I can only stay for 3 months here while I am doing 1 year course. It is supposed to be extended by IND when deciding on issuing me with a residence permit. Quite complicated. :(

Ukrainian girls are known for their striking beauty and I can see your nephew could not escape the charms of one of them. I have many Ukrainian friends and the Ukrainians like Georgians too. One of their favourite poets said that if she were not born Ukrainian she wished to be Georgian.

Thanks for pointing out the barrels trick. I was wondering why he looked so particularly attractive in that photograph. :) As for our getting together again, we will see. The distance is not a problem.

I will search for gun shops over here and will share with you the results of my photo shooting. Maybe I will play the barrel trick too. :D

Best regards,

Nana

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks all for your good words gentle people. :wink: :lol: :)

shahid";p="26740 wrote:What is that great sized Hammer Cocking DBBL you are holding ? 10 Bore or 8

Bore ? or even bigger 4 Bore ? What was the barrel lenght ?
Shahid, if you read the text with the pics,you would get all the details.They are there,maker, bore etc.

English,Georgian,Dutch on Indians for guns.Howzzat for cross cultural relations. :D

Best-
Mr Chubby Cheeks :oops:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:15 pm

Hey, Chubby - its about time that you got involved !

Vickers you wally, you should have kept quiet about `Chubby`........ that`s just asking for trouble ! :wink: :lol:

As regards `cross cultural relations` - yeah, good innit ? ! Even more interesting that a mutual interest in guns - of all things - should promote such excellent international relations.

Nana, you left visiting the Netherlands a couple of years too late. The new, much more stringent immigration policy is a direct result of the former, ridiculously liberal, policy. Excessive tolerance has provoked a severe backlash........something that seems likely to occur throughout much of the EC.

So, when are you going back to Tbilisi in order to take over the Government ? We`re waiting to organise the first IFG UK contingent hunt and pis*-up and could do with a friendly official to `smooth` the way ! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW, I know the brandy is good but what about the beer.....and food ? Have you any recommendations for suitable Georgian websites ?