Guidance for getting Gun license

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
milind
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Guidance for getting Gun license

Post by milind » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:47 am

Dear Friends,
I want guidance from senior members with regard to obtaining the license for our family owned gun. My grandfather was having a licensed 12 Bore single barrel gun, my father got it's license after my grandfather.
Now since my father is quite old, he wishes to transfer that gun to me. I have applied for getting a gun license long back (year 2003) but my application was rejected that time. Now I wish to get a license for this gun and I have a few questions regarding this issue,

1) What reason should I quote to apply for fire arm license (my previous application was rejected saying the 'reason is not found suitable' which I remember I had quoted as 'self defense')

2) will the previous rejection of my application affect the fresh application?

3) Can I change the gun type after getting the license? (I wish to sell 12 bore gun and buy .22 rifle)

4)Can I get one more license for .22 rifle while keeping my ancestral gun with me?

Please guide me.

Milind

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Guidance for getting Gun license

Post by farook » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:26 am

1) What reason should I quote to apply for fire arm license (my previous application was rejected saying the 'reason is not found suitable' which I remember I had quoted as 'self defense')
Inheritance is a reason good enough. Do we have agricultural land. Getting a license for a long gun is not that difficult.

2) will the previous rejection of my application affect the fresh application?
Not really, its been quite some time anyway. There would however be a column in the arms licences application form where they would be asking if your application has been declined before.

3) Can I change the gun type after getting the license? (I wish to sell 12 bore gun and buy .22 rifle)

4)Can I get one more license for .22 rifle while keeping my ancestral gun with me?
Under one license you can have up-to three weapons of any category where in category 1. Pistol / Revolver 2. Rifle 3. Shotgun

This topic has been discussed before. Please search the forum.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

milind
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by milind » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Wow! Thanks Farook, now I am feeling confident. Sorry for not doing research before. I will surely inform to express my gratitude towards the learned forum for providing such a wonderful platform for all gun lovers.

Love
Milind

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:31 pm

After going through the forum if you still have specific queries feel free to ask. Would be happy to answer them
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun