My Canadian PAL

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: My Canadian PAL

Post by mundaire » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 am

Congratulations CKKalyan! :cheers:

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Congrats, Kalyan! All the very best for your collection!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:09 am

Over the years I have read all your posts in this portal. My conclusion is that you are jolly good fellow
He sure is!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:54 am

Thank you very much TC, hks2056, essdee1972, mundaire, xl_target for your encouragement and good wishes! :D

On Mon I drove out to the range, again and obtained a club membership and also simultaneously faxed off an application for a long term ATT (Authorization To Transport) - these two steps are interlinked and mandatory in order to own and shoot restriced firearms. I now await my ATT by mail in the next few days.
556a02e6-cdc8-4cea-9c3b-bc5c29223d1a.jpg
The range is small and quite busy most of the time. They do not allow Steel cored or jacketed, Center fire rifle cartridges (funnily they have a .50 Cal Gun for hire, which booms within the confines :o ), or Steel Shotgun Ammo. Other than that I figured you could pretty much shoot Hand Guns, Pistol Caliber Rifles and Shotguns in warm comfort during the winter months.

Now I am assembling a wish list starting off with things like ear protection, safety and storage equipment and then of course the delicious, main course. The main criteria being, a combination of very reliable, value for money, easy spare parts availability, guns and calibers of ammo.

It goes without saying that I would keep an eye open for a good deal on some of those 'drool worthy' guns mostly as collectors.

$$ permitting, I thought I would start off small in the order of priority (not finalized on makes and models yet - spoilt for choice :mrgreen:) either used or new:
  • Pistol - Semi Auto .22, Sig Sauer / 1911 9mm, Revolver S&W .38
    Rifle - Semi Auto .22, .30 M1 Carbine, Rifle Henry Lever Action .22
    Shotgun - Pump Action, O/U
The wish list is a work in progress; suggestions are very welcome - the most outrageous ones - get my vote! ROTFL

I still haven't had a chance to discuss action plans, in detail with Baljit - hopefully over this weekend. He is sure bound to be a mountain of help :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ckkalyan on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:28 am

ckkalyan wrote...
Now I am assembling a wish list starting off with things like ear protection, safety and storage equipment and then of course the delicious, main course. The main criteria being, a combination of very reliable, value for money, easy spare parts availability, guns and calibers of ammo.

Good Luck Buddy....
Am sure 'if you're at it - you'll get it'
:cheers:
Briha

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 am

Hey CK.Is that you?

image from here
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks - I'll do the best I can brihacharan-Ji :D
xl_target wrote:Hey CK.Is that you?
Thats me for sure, podner - twin trouble xl_target everything fits except maybe, the waist size on those trousers - that was me about 20 years ago! ROTFL

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:01 am

CK, I am coming to Delta end of this month to pick up a barrel for my AR.I think I have a some time for you if you are free then we can meet on lunch in Surrey.

I'll give you a call on the weekend then we make a plan.

Baljit

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Thank you Baljit :D

I look forward to our telecon this weekend and meeting you later this month! :cheers:

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:35 pm

A bolt rifle chambered for the little 6.5X55 Swede would make a fantastic all rounder.Long range targets to large deer and quite easy on the shoulder. A used Husqvarna should not be hard on the wallet. Again a CZ .22bolt rifle would be very versatile. Winchester SX3 is one of the best semis out there for the money and if you insist on a pump the SXP is not bad either.

Of the joys of poring over choices.Let the confusion commence. LOL. ROTFL
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:19 am

So these Canadian guys are telling us how hard it is to buy a firearm in Canada.
Pfffft!

Come to the US and you can go into a gas station and buy an assault rifle.

[youtube][/youtube]

Wait, what? That's Canada?

So put on your cammies and go get one of those, CK. :)

Well, its not really an assault rifle, just the semi version of the real thing.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:50 am

Vikram wrote:Of the joys of poring over choices.Let the confusion commence. LOL. ROTFL
Thanks Vikram for the suggestions - once I figure out what those alpha-numerics stand for (adding to the confusion)! :lol: ...and I thought buying a TV was difficult?! :o

xl_target nice video - now I shall keep a keen eye peeled for such specialized gas stations! :D
However, I did walk into a gun shop, actually the only neighbourhood one in Richmond BC and spent a dizzying 30 minutes drooling over the mouth-watering displays. ROTFL

The prop was relaxing on a sofa petting his aged, chocolate, labrador. He hardly lifted a curious eyebrow when I passed though the secure entrance. His interest only perked up when I showed him my brand new R-PAL, after that he was all smiles and willing to assist me with checking out various long guns, handing them to me for closer examination. I explianed to him that I just wanted a general idea of what was on offer at his establishment.

Once the dog realized that I was someone to be trusted, promptly waddled over to me with his tail wagging asking for attention.

The Shop's website http://westcoasthunting.ca/

This was one of the first ones I checked out a Chiappa M1-22

Inside the shop

I loved the look on the Chiappa - but on closer examination, I understood that I would not want to own it at $500. I even saw some serious bling in the form of a Girsan and a Desert Eagle

The GIRSAN YAVUZ REGARD Gold Plated 9MM - a mere $1,700

And there were even guns for Scientists involved in serious research! :D

MAGNUM RESEARCH-Desert Eagle .44 Mag Gold Tiger Stripe - only $3,500

Talk about 'Man with the Golden Gun'!

While I was in the store, I got a call from Baljit; when he realized that I was a gun shop, the first thing he told me is "Don't buy anything - get yourself a gun safe first and - don't worry about .22 Rifles!" I assured him that I was merely doing some 'background research' and gathering information. Well, anyway after chatting with him for a bit I promised to call him back once I was done at the treasure trove.

The confusion sure has commenced Vikram! :?

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:54 am

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=15

A list of favorites, since then HK has launched this one .... and sig came up with this.....

Though both look great, I have my doubts on the bore axis of both of them....
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:16 am

Friends,

A few more steps achieved in the process. So now, I have my PAL, my Range Membership and just today I received my Long Term ATT (LT-ATT) in the mail. This took precisely seven days from the date of application.

The LT-ATT's validity matches that of the Pal i.e. five years.

This is how a PAL looks like
Image from here http://firearmslicense.ca/courses/firea ... ronto/pal/

The next step is to buy a reliable gun storage cabinet or gun safe...and then the buying can begin! :D

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:21 pm

And then the buying can begin

With the big guy coming down to help you out this is where I would love see you Kalyan Da :D

Congrats on the permits and my best wishes all the way

:cheers:

TC