I'm rendered speechless

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

I'm rendered speechless

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:20 am

We have many forum members on here who have a few guns. Most of us are happy with that.

I was on one of the Ruger forums and came across photos of one guy's collection.
Holy Cow! These are all Rugers.

Words fail me so I will just post photos:

I think he's still unpacking.... which means there are more than what is shown in those photos.... :shock:

These were posted on Rugerforum.net by member "radicalrod".
Here is the link to the post
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: I'm rendered speechless

Post by Baljit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:40 am

Wow!! that is a collection, indeed speechless.

thanks for shearing XL.

Baljit

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 am

That's a real bunch of Rugers!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:53 am

All from just one brand - Phew, mind boggling!? radicalrod indeed!

Wow - Rugger me!! Shell :shock:

Thanks for sharing xl_target
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am

xl_target,
:cpix:
It only proves that "Man limits himself when he stops imagining" :D
Thanks for sharing!
Briha

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 am

I am speechless...

If only somebody would post a rack-full of knives !! yumm.... !! 8)

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 am

That's real Gun Love....or maybe Gun Lust is more appropriate :shock:

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 pm

BowMan wrote:That's real Gun Love....or maybe Gun Lust is more appropriate :shock:

Gun Lust
:lol:
Briha

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Gorblimey! That IS a collection for sure. Collection or hoarding, man has taste and means to indulge. More power to him.

Thanks,XL, for the photos and the link.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Nice collection - but pardon my ignorance - what is special about Rugers over all the other brands? I ask because I had not heard the name before. Google tells me that this is a well established brand - but the collection seems to have "old style" revolvers that were used in the "Wild West". Is that the attraction i.e the historic significance?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:22 pm

bennedose wrote:Nice collection - but pardon my ignorance - what is special about Rugers over all the other brands? I ask because I had not heard the name before. Google tells me that this is a well established brand - but the collection seems to have "old style" revolvers that were used in the "Wild West". Is that the attraction i.e the historic significance?

Sturm, Ruger & Co. is now the largest individual firearms maker in the USA. For many years, Ruger had the reputation of being the new kid on the block but now you have a whole generation who has grown up with the Ruger name and are not hesitant to buy a Ruger. Ruger has a reputation of making guns that are an excellent value for the money. They are usually not flashy or anything fancy but just good robust firearms. The first two guns that I purchased after I came to the states were Ruger Rifles. I still have both of them and they still work and look fine.
When Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. opened for business in 1949 with a meager $50,000 investment, the Company faced serious doubts from industry insiders. The "it can't be done" remarks of the experts reflected the widespread view that the manufacture of guns had likely peaked, and was in a state of decline. There seemed to be few new ideas, and the apparent trend was that the large, established-name gunmakers would continue to dominate the market.

But this fledgling company was guided by several well-thought-out concepts, not the least of which was founder William B. Ruger's intent to build each product "to a standard so I would want one even if it was made by our competitors." This fundamental concept, this deceptively simple touchstone of the underlying principles of innovation, quality and value, has proved so compelling that over 60 years later there is no question which company is preeminent in the American firearms industry. Ruger's rise to its present well-earned position has made it a respected company on the New York Stock Exchange since 1990. Ruger produces hundreds of thousands of firearms each year for hunting, target shooting, collecting, self-defense, law enforcement, and government agencies.
From Ruger 's Corporate website

Their most well know firearms are the Ruger "mark" series of pistol:
Ruger Mark III pistol
However, they make a large number of other pistols, both single action and double action revolvers as well as a number of semi-auto pistols.

and their .22 LR rifle
Ruger 10/22 rifle (one of the most popular .22 LR semi-auto rifles ever made)
They make other bolt action, single shot and semi-auto rifles including and AR-15 variant.

While the survey found 2,288 makers of civilian firearms operating in the U.S. from 1986-2010, more than 40% of those guns came from three key companies:
Sturm, Ruger & Co. leads the U.S. firearms industry with about 15.3 million firearms produced in the period.
Remington (owned by Freedom Group) produced about 14.2 million and comes in second.
Smith & Wesson is third, with nearly 10.5 million.
quote from here

Ruger Firearms Website
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 pm

:cheers: Thanks for the informative reply.

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:30 am

I really don't understand buying the same stuff repetitively , like Bowman rightfully said it's lust coz only lust can never be satisfied. There might be some cosmetic changes but they are mostly the same. The Ruger mark series pistol looks like design heavily borrowed from Luger(one of the finest till date).
1 shot 1 kill!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:39 am

just greedy, with lots of loot. just saying this as i do not have any of those.

some may call it greedy etc. it is no different then one collecting stamps, postcards, money etc.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:08 am

Ramandeep wrote:I really don't understand buying the same stuff repetitively , like Bowman rightfully said it's lust coz only lust can never be satisfied. There might be some cosmetic changes but they are mostly the same. The Ruger mark series pistol looks like design heavily borrowed from Luger(one of the finest till date).
What's to understand?

If the guy wants them and has the money to pay for them, and he buys them, what is there to that that needs understanding? Like anyone else, he buys what he wants.

Heaven forbid that we should have to explain why we want everything we buy!

Besides, if he didn't buy them, there would not be one more gun on my shelf or one more anna in my pocket. He's not hurting anyone, after all.

Moving on to another point, it takes a lot of patience and time to build up such a comprehensive collection, and the fellow must, undoubtedly know something about Rugers (quite a bit, actually). If he were a poster here, his knowledge would surely benefit and be appreciated by many of our members. I'm all for smart people, especially when I need their help on something!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman