Pakistani SSB weapons

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Pakistani SSB weapons

Post by jonahpach » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:08 pm

He cottage cheese whe d' ye get all dar info from? neer knew dicovery channel had all that info.. :lol:

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pakistani SSB weapons

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:01 am

jonahpach";p="24068 wrote:He cottage cheese whe d' ye get all dar info from? neer knew dicovery channel had all that info.. :lol:

Jonah
haha! Happy Birthday man! :)

just condensed what I learnt from Col. Martin Fackler's report on wound ballistics. Of course thats only the tip of the iceberg...its a whole lot more complex than that.

Some interesting links:

http://www.firearmstactical.com
http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/ ... s/M855.jpg
http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/ ... 2x39mm.jpg

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:12 am

Also look for Di Maio- major wound ballistics- His book is priceless...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:54 pm

Pakistan SSB was craeted to counter a organigation by same name in india established after indo -china war its obective was to train the people near the border areas so they could defend themselves this organisation was under PMO later it came under MHA and is now a paramilatary organisation likeCRPF, BSF men and ladies from Indian were the best trained personnel and civilians trained earlier by it may turn out to be pperhaps best shooters Pakistan has learning from indian experience has made improvement but indians politicians has destroyed one of best indian security agencies further indian SS B officers some of them were school teachers on deputaion became best officers . Their personnel were better trained than even elite NSG

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:25 pm

dsingh";p="24510 wrote:Pakistan SSB was craeted to counter a organigation by same name in india established after indo -china war its obective was to train the people near the border areas so they could defend themselves this organisation was under PMO later it came under MHA and is now a paramilatary organisation likeCRPF, BSF men and ladies from Indian were the best trained personnel and civilians trained earlier by it may turn out to be pperhaps best shooters Pakistan has learning from indian experience has made improvement but indians politicians has destroyed one of best indian security agencies further indian SS B officers some of them were school teachers on deputaion became best officers . Their personnel were better trained than even elite NSG
SSB?

I always thought the Pakistani one was SSG(Special Service Group) and that it was a specifically raised Special Forces unit.

As to comparing it with our SSB is like comparing ostriches and elephants. SSB was till recently for all practical reasons a loose extension of the RAW. And their role was similar to what you seem to describe- Basically raise and train an armed resistance movement in event of invasion and occupation. Over the years this seems to have been diluted and recently the SSB's basic prerogative was changed officially to a kind of a border poilce force....