Trap Practice Range outing

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:59 pm

conty1";p="20935 wrote: I was thinking June 23-24th weekend. Let me know if these dates work for all and if a boat is available!

Amit
oh oh, Amit, I was planning to go to Ohio for the Ohio State Trap shoot on the 23rd. You guys can plan for either this weekend (9/10) or the next weekend (16/17). Then the next weekend I have available is July 21/22 and 28/29. If you come over the weekend of August 4th, there are two more things we all could do. August 4th we have the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven (parade, lighted musical fountain, fireworks) and there is a Gun show in Grand Rapids we can check out.

Quite a few options, check when Inder is leaving and plan accordingly.

For Advertising mail webmaster
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 am

HSharief";p="20962 wrote:
conty1";p="20935 wrote: I was thinking June 23-24th weekend. Let me know if these dates work for all and if a boat is available!

Amit
oh oh, Amit, I was planning to go to Ohio for the Ohio State Trap shoot on the 23rd. You guys can plan for either this weekend (9/10) or the next weekend (16/17). Then the next weekend I have available is July 21/22 and 28/29. If you come over the weekend of August 4th, there are two more things we all could do. August 4th we have the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven (parade, lighted musical fountain, fireworks) and there is a Gun show in Grand Rapids we can check out.

Quite a few options, check when Inder is leaving and plan accordingly.
I just checked with Jenny... 16/17 this month is good for us. Inder and Mehul... its upto you guys now. Sharief... is there a charter available for that weekend?

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

mehulkamdar

Re: Trap Practice Range outing

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:35 am

Amit,

Just checked and the 24th would have been out for me anyway as I have my club service on that day. The 16th/17th should be fine - if HM the Home Minister wills it. Let me check and revert.

Cheers!

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:53 am

My boss Terry recommended TammyToo Charters http://tammytoocharters.com/ There are plenty more companies in the area. You can find them all at :

http://www.micharterboats.com/michigan/grandhaven.html

I checked a few, they are all pretty much in the same ball park of about $75 - $100 per person for a 4 or 5 hr trip.

Lets first finalize the dates and we can start calling. Lets also keep an extra optional weekend open in case we don't have availability or any other reason.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:39 am

Oi, I was thinking of something on hunting side.. neway fishing will do :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:52 am

So, do I call and make the reservation ? How many people do we have ?

Mehul Baba
Amit
Amit's Dad
Inder
Sharief

Is that it ? Anyone else want to join ? I remember there is another guy in Chicagoland who's a member here, 1911 something, I apologize, I forget (getting there). We have a max of 6 on the boat anyway. Let me know and we can go ahead with the booking. We can always add a 6th suspect later ;)

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:51 pm

HSharief";p="21051 wrote:So, do I call and make the reservation ? How many people do we have ?

Mehul Baba
Amit
Amit's Dad
Inder
Sharief

Is that it ? Anyone else want to join ? I remember there is another guy in Chicagoland who's a member here, 1911 something, I apologize, I forget (getting there). We have a max of 6 on the boat anyway. Let me know and we can go ahead with the booking. We can always add a 6th suspect later ;)
1911 is Praveen. I'll try to get in touch with him today. But Sharief, please make the reservation anyway. I have another event that's on that weekend that I'd rather not go to ;) Let's finalise this today!!

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 am

Okay guys... the reservation has been made for June 16th from 11-4. So far I have a confirmation from only Inder and Sharief. Mehul and Praveen, I've left you both a message as well. Let us know what you plan to do.

We board the boat from Winthrop Harbor, IL. Its about an hour north of Chicago. We dont need to bring any equipment. The Captain suggested we bring our beers, food and jackets! We'll need Lake Michigan Salmon stamps along with our fishing licenses. If you dont have one, it costs 6 bucks and u can buy it on the boat.

I'm excited guys! The last time I was out on a charter, I caught a 14 pounder Salmon. Plan to better that this time :D

Cheers,
Amit

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 am

Amit,

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm out of this. :(

Have a great time, guys, and good fishing!

Sorry!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:14 am

Aha, The chi gang is going hammer and tongs!;)
Inder , Isnt the Auto 5 a sweetheart? go for it guys!
Jonah, the 'strapping the machine to a tyre' is standard protocol-been seeing it from 25 years now, as also the super hard clays-looks like they were made for our dear beloved -SKID SHOOTER??
:):) ??
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:26 pm

eljefe";p="21178 wrote:Aha, The chi gang is going hammer and tongs!;)
Inder , Isnt the Auto 5 a sweetheart? go for it guys!
:):) ??
Where have you been sir, any news on your moran.. If you want me to order let me know. and if you are selling something, please post in IFG also..

I misssed that exage :( :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Where have you been sir, any news on your moran.
I had conveyed your message but he said he does not want to buy one now. Mea culpa - I forgot to inform you.

Mack The Knife