Darra Adam Khel

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

DARA ADAM KHEL DARRA, Pakistan's flourishing arms bazaar

Post by danish21 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:39 am

DARA ADAM KHEL DARRA

Pakistan's flourishing arms bazaar

http://www.pashto.org/content/view/90/

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:59 am

I don't know whether I should comment it on IFG or not. Moderators are free to delete this post if they wish.

The fact disturbs me that Pakistanis have access to better Arms & Ammo than us. I simply cannot withstand this insult.

On seeing that link on PAK ordinance factory I can only wish one thing. I wish to destroy it to bits.

It was these machine guns that were fired from bunkers on our brave boys who climbed the hills of Kargil to take back our positions. I don't like the sight of pakistani weapons.

This nation must be bombed back to the stone stage with only sticks to defend themselves.

shahid

Post by shahid » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 am

And by the way this map in the link is also wrong. All of Kashmir, including the curerent disputed Kashmir on the other sid e of current LOC belongs to India.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: DARA ADAM KHEL DARRA, Pakistan's flourishing arms bazaar

Post by Pran » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:35 am

Here's the link to an earlier discussion about Darra on the forum

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... ight=darra

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:02 am

The last I read about Dara Adamkhel was that it was closeddown by the Musharaf Govt. and that the more enterprising of the lot were absorbed into the POF.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:03 am

Am not really surprised to see it closed down,with the internal problems our friends across the border have,also the fact that it was not regulated and the govt of the day had little or know control.
Here is is a link to our own little Darra in Bihar,this one off course is regulated,though it seems to be a dying tradition.
http://www.mungergun.com/
Thanks
Sanjay

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Shahid
Pakistan has better ordinance and guns because IMHO Defense forces are considered to be elite services there and demand the best. Although lets face it this has hurt them in long run and will do so in future also. Whereas our chaps have to duke it out with babus and netas, who will be lucky enough to tell the difference between gun and a lath, motto being for Indian Defense forces“ live with dignity in poverty”. Case in example Indo China war and lessons learnt which propelled the nation to rearm itself. This is where IFG and other organizations can educate public on bad quality of weapons being issued to defense forces brave men and women. I read somewhere now they are going for Travor Israeli gun for special forces, which even Israeli have doubts about.

I have friends in Pakistan and it would be nice if things improve there is too much to gain with peace. But then what would our netas and their generals feed off?

But all said and done its amazing how skilled these guys are in Dara that they can fix any gun in the world.

Sanjay

Regarding Munger guns..wouldnt it be worth the while to advise these guys and Mehar Singhs others to improve their quality by simple pointers. Just wishful thinking..

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:22 pm

OT but I remember that babus in the Ministry of Defence had issued a notice to the Army HQ for using quick firing small calibre anti aircraft guns for ground attack and defence along the LOC in 1997 or 1998.This was a tactic that the Pakistan Army had been using with great effect against the Indian Jawans.However when the Indian Army did the same,the babus wanted to know why their clearance had not been taken prior to doing this.

penpusher

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:24 pm

Shahid,

I am with Navdeep on this one. Inder introduced me to the Pakistan Hunting Community and I have made some very good friends there. Incidentally my maternal grandfather was Pakistani and my mother was born and went to school there for many eyars after Partition. I do believe that SOuth Asia can be a great region like the European Union or the Gulf Co-operation Council area if the leaders of the countries here decide to sit down and think with their heads instead of their backsides. We don't need any more wars and let us remember 1857 when three powerful Hindu leaders, Tantiya Tope, Nana Phadnavis and Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi fought to bring the throne of India again to the Mughal deswcendant Bahadur Shah Zafar. Less than 100 years after 1857, the divide and rule policy had broken the subcontinent up. We can now reunite not as a nation, but as a union of nations.

As a moderator, I am knowingly posting this off topic post though I shall try to justify it with the suggestion that 1857 was a landmark for all Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis becaue the world's first gun ownership restrictions were brought in after the defeat of the Sepoys by combined British, Sikh and Marattha armies. :lol:

Shahid, you live outside India like I do. Just think about this - Bahadur Shah Zafar's kabr is in Rangoon and these days India and Pakistan are both fighting for his body. Don't you think it should be brought back to Delhi and buried with honour by the Presidents of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh together as a group? Zafar died with these words that never fail to bring a lump to my throat:

Lagta nahiin hai jii mera ujray dayar mein
Kis kii banii hai aalam-e-na-payedar mein

Kah do in hasarataun se kahiin awr jaa basen
Itanii jagah kahan hai dil-i daaghdaar mein

Bulbul ko baghban say na sayyad say gila
Kismat main qaid likh thi mausam-e-bahar main

Umr-i daraaz maang ke laaye the chaar din
Do aarazu mein kat gaye do intizaar mein

Hai kitana badanasiib Zafar dafn ke liye
Do gaz zamiin bhii na milii ku-i yaar mein

Alive, we South Asians, from whichever country we hail from, find tears coming into our eyes when we listen to the words of the song Aye Mere Pyare Watan from the film Kabuliwala. It is time for us to forget about the wars and work together with our brothers froma cross our borders. Yes, we should always compete with them - in the quality of guns like we do in hockey and cricket. :lol: But for that, we do not need to have any more hatred in our hearts.

Cheers!

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:01 am

I too interact with a lot of Pakis in my business and everyday life here in the middle east.

A few of them are decent. Most are not. My grandmother's elder sister was married off to a landlord family in Rawalpindi in 1935. My grandmother hailed from the Arrah Zamindar family in Bihar. There has been interaction.

But the general people from Pakistani Punjab, NWFP and some from Baluchistan do not feel good about India's progress. Nor does their Army. Their misadventures have left them in defeat 4 times, but they have not learnt from their mistakes.

Therefore I believe the govt. of India should wake up to reality. AK-M, AK 56, RPG rockets, good Mortarts, bazookas, machine pistols like UZI and mini UZI, good Automatics like Berrreta and Desert Eagle, good revolvers like Ruger and SW must be manufactured under licence in India, issued to all our armed forces and NP bores must be sold in the markets to civialians openly. Till this happens imports at a 30 % custom duty would be very fair.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:06 pm

I very much agree with mehul and i personally do feel that this LOC between india & pakistan should be permenently removed just like east gremany & west germany. For what we are fighting ? Why don't we live together in peace ? Suppose if india and pakistan are united again then who can beat their cricket team... there are so much of talent in indians and pakistanis, which if come together then they can rule the world. I feel that one day will come when these two great nations will merge and again we will make a history.

Danish

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Heck what can I say...

I always thought having Pakistan as an enemy was fun. But of course the Chinese are always welcome to that 'Title'.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:27 pm

All this sounds very good. Moral science classes. Makes good reading. Ask the fathers and widows of those boys from our regiments who climbed the Kargil hills to reclaim the bunkers what they feel. They gave up their lives for India, and Indians must salute them. Who is the enemy disturbing India and Indians is very clear. There is no need to fall in love in the enemy.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:04 pm

Shahid,

Calm down. If something has to be shot, let it be a gun, not your mouth. :lol:

Speaking of Balochistan, both in 1971 as well as now, it is India that is being accused of fomenting unrest. I am in touch with one of Pakistan's seniormost journalists to find some relatives and friends of my family there and shall be visiting the country now. And yes, my company is beginning to do business there, and I don;t mean selling DVDs of Hindi movies. Let's leave it at that.

Europe could form the EU after more than 100 million people were killed in two world wars. It is now the world's wealthiest trading block and is expanding in every way day by day. South Asia is poor and miserable because of idiots in power in all three major countries there.

In any case, this is about guns. Let the political BS go to some other forum that discusses that kind of stuff.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:31 pm

I do not think India has the time to meddle in local Paki affairs. We are a peaceful nation.