Online store selling sporting goods (shooting) in Winnipeg

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
penpusher

Online store selling sporting goods (shooting) in Winnipeg

Post by penpusher » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:07 pm

Does anybody know of any store that takes orders online and makes third party deliveries in Winnipeg.If nothing like this exists,then which of these would be a better choice in terms of delivery and freight/transportation charges

1.Midwayusa
2.Cabelas
3.Brownells

Or can somebody suggest some other store.Delivery would be to my Uncle in Winnipeg.

Thanks in advance.Will be back on Saturday.

penpusher

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Online store selling sporting goods (shooting) in Winnip

Post by Risala » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:23 pm

penpusher
You might want to check this online / mail order Co in Canada itself.I think they are in Ontario.
http://www.marstar.ca/index.shtm
It might just work out economical,it they have the merchandise you are looking for.
HTH
Thanks
Sanjay

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:56 am

penpusher

From Cabela's websote for shipment to Canada.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... art#canada

Monday I can call them up to inquire more.

Rgds

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:37 am

penpusher,

As long as you are not buying firearms in Canada (possibly even ammunition) it should be no problem for you tog et accessories sent wherever you want them. The Marstar company is an old one and there is also Ellwood Epps who would be able to send your uncle what he needs. Also in rural and semi rural parts of Canada, the Canadian Tire chain sell guns and gun accessories but they usually don't sell anything in the bigger cities. Not having been to WInnipeg ever, I don't know what the state of affairs is over there.

Most Canadian stores have lower list prices than equivalent US stores but US stores often have special sales or promotions where the prices could be lower than the list prices in Canada. I don;t know if Canadian stores also offer special promotions though I would be surprised if they didn't. AT the very least, it wouldn;t hurt to check at a few different places depending on what you want. If you have a specific requirement, please let me know and I shall be more than happy to check on your behalf. Over here in the US, we do have special end of season sales on at the moment and there are heavy discounts available on almost everything as stores rush to restock their shelves with new stuff for seasons later this year.

Cheers!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks everybody for the inputs.So,if I buy from Canada,I not only pay less for the same thing, than I would if I had bought it in USA but would also save on the postage costs.

Uncle is back in Canada and would be coming again in December,would make the purchases then.

penpusher

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:45 pm

penpusher,

I have bought from Brownells, Midawayusa and Gamaliel. They are all good companies with good inventory. I suggest you add the things you want to a shopping cart, then click on the "Postage estimator" button or link to see how much the total cost will be. This will give you an idea of the prices vs buying in Canada and paying (high, ~10%) taxes Vs. buying from these sites and paying postage.

Best of luck.