And now a five barreled gun

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mehulkamdar

Re: And now a five barreled gun

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:16 am

Marksman,

There is a difference between "unusual info" and factually incorrect info...

At an average muzzle velocity of 1100 fps for a 40 grain bullet from a 22" rifle barrel, the 22 lr develops a muzzle energy of around 115 fpe. Fire five bullets and the muzzle energy is five times that, or 575 fpe. For comparison, a 30-06 Springfield which is a medium bore round (definitely not recommended for dangerous game) fires a 150 grain spitzer bullet at around MV 2900 fps for a 2820 fpe of Muzzle energy.

And about a "bull barrel 465" (Huh!? :roll: Holland and Holland must be surprised that there was anything such thing as the 465 happens to be one of their proprietary bores. Until recently it was only available as a flanged double rifle chambering and it is now available as a bolt rifle belted rimless round but no one has ever built a target rifle - which have bull barrels - for one) - it is clear that your post is factually incorrect on many counts.

We do get a lot of BS on the forums... Some from people trying to pass ignorance around as knowledge and others who are malicious. We ban the malicious types very fast. Since your post indicated no malice, it was simply "corrected" in a humorous fashion... Do keep in mind that factually incorrect information here can often have safety and legal implications...

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:11 pm

Marksman,

There is no malice in anyone's post, just a humorous way of clarifying that the gun you posted about does not exist - not in the form you had described it anyway... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Grumpy, tis the multistaged caseless trounds we are talking about here, right?
Mehul,
dont need to bring in those handguns as hand luggage-the good chinese are doing us a favour-saw a 6mm plastic BB hop up feed(as advertised) at a bartan wallah's shop yesterday.In the sealed packet
(probably sealed in burma bazaar/parry's like I saw SD cards and Thumb drives being sealed on the road side last year-varginal Sony saar! ;) )
If wife and kids were'nt with me, woould have picked up the bb version of the SIG...

Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:17 pm

Dear Mehul,
This particular .22lr rifle was lying with Tarachand mehta & co. a renowned gun dealer in mumbai who sold some of the best fire arms to a lot of people in the country and abroad. And when I mentioned a bull barrel 465, what I insinuated was how a a single shot 465 and that too a bull barrel would look if at all it existed.The barrel girth was ugly and made the rest of the rifle look very unattractive.. Seems you took it literally. I am very much aware of 465 and that it was a flanged round and that no bolt actions were made for it till recently. In fact, H&H made doubles for this caliber for our Indian Maharajas mostly and was therefore also named it .465 INDIA. The rifle I talked about was an old world rifle probably built at the fag end of the 19th century or little later, But, surely much after 1857 when the .22 rimfire (Flobert) came into being. Believe it or not. Besides I'd humbly like to state that i am the last person to draw attention by fabricating stories as I am a strong supporter of our gun rights in India. I have had a good fortune of shooting and handling quite a few marterpiece doubles as well as magazine rifles made in the golden era of British gunmaking, the photographs of which one gets to see only in American gun magazines now. My close friend's granddad(H.H. Barwani) had had the double rifles made for him by H&H in most of the calibers, right from .22 lr (not .22 High Power) to 600 nitro. I am sure not many will believe this either. I enjoy this forum immensely and look forward to meeting you all in person some day in the near future.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:59 am

Marksman,

FYI the 22 rimfires predated the Flobert 9mm rimfire. They were used mostly as gallery guns in the 19th century and it would be a tall stretch to talk about these being used for big game at a time when a 40 cal was considered a medium bore.

If you are a supporter of gun rights, then you are welcome here. As far as association with India's erstwhile "royalty" is concerned, it does not impress me. I know several of the clowns and have no intention of wasting time on a public forum dedicated to discussing guns to talk about them.

If you want to discuss guns, you're always going to be welcome here. The rest is a waste of bandwidth.
Last edited by mehulkamdar on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:02 am

"Grumpy, tis the multistaged caseless trounds we are talking about here, right?"

Er......no, not really. If they were caseless they`d all flop down to the first chamber when you lifted the barrels up.

( :wink: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 am

Mehul.
It all started of with a dicussion on a particular gun, didn't it? As for the clowns you mentioned, our history is full of those and other kinds as well, nevertheless one cannot deny them their status they enjoyed in our Indian history then. Most of the custom made fire arms we ordinary citizens proudly possess today are the ones that came into the country through these clowns. We should thank them for that atleast. Now let's smoke a peace pipe on it. I admitt you people have excellent knowledge of fire arms related stuff and that there's lots to learn for me through this forum. Keep up the good work.
marksman