Interesting Guns at Holts March 22nd Auction in London

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:00 am

Would have been good to know.I dont know anything about the royalty biz, except that they had some great taste in doubles.

You've been missing the Somme and Marne out here! :twisted:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Interesting Guns at Holts March 22nd Auction in London

Post by Grumpy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:21 am

"You've been missing the Somme and Marne out here!"

So I`ve noticed - like I`ve said before, the fun always happens when I`m away !
I`ve been back almost two hours now but am about to go out until late - can I trust you lot to behave while I`m not around ?

Must have a look to see what price that `INJHALAWAR TOPKHANA` rifle made.......

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:28 am

£700 plus buyers commission - a lot more than the estimate but still cheap for a sporting rifle in a hefty calibre.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:43 am

That lot of pics posted by Vikram had me foaming at the mouf -what prices...700quid is a steal for a this piece.Ah...that was a long sigh!
'K Grumpy , been a long week for me and I check in to see you've missed the fun.Have a nice weekend.
best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:20 am

Haven`t shown you what I bought at the Bedford auction have I ?

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:34 am

Grumpy,

To tell you the least, I was severely disappointed by Holt's and their service and said as much in an e0-mail to them. First of all, I sent them all my contact details and asked for a pin number to bid on a few items at the auction and did not hear back from them until I sent them three e-mails. After that, they asked me for my credit card number which I sent across with a bid and waited for three days, until they sent me a PIN number n the day before the auction was to take place. And then, after the auction, I saw an e-mail from them asking what my phone number was. The items that I wanted to buy were well within the range that I ahd calculated on bidding within and I had hoped that Holt's would contact me based on my first e-mail where I had sent them all my personal contact details as well as my mail where, along with my Credit Card details, I had sent my contact details yet again.

Unfortunately, this also happened to be a particularly busy time of the year for me or Mark and I would just have made it to the UK to attend the auction in person and this problem may have been avoided. I guess we'll just try to do this in time for the June auction. Hopefully, we'll pick up some nice guns by then as we'll be there in person and not bidding by remote control.

In any case, many of the guns seem to have sold for very attractive (to the buyer) prices. My congratulations to them whoever they are on their fine acquisitions and their very good taste!