Illegal ammunition factory unearthed

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:23 pm

[ 27 Feb, 2007 2327hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

NEW DELHI: The crime branch on Tuesday claimed to have unearthed an illegal ammunition factory at Loni in Ghaziabad. The .315 bore cartridges seized from the factory, said the police, were being sold to criminals working for UP politicians. These were meant to be used during the upcoming elections in the state.

A man named Irshaad Ali was arrested for running the factory. About 200 cartridges and several kgs of potassium chlorate were seized from the factory. "We raided the place after a tip off that ammunition was also being supplied to some criminals in Delhi.

A decoy was used to strike a deal with Ali after which he was arrested. He also put a fake seal on the cartridges to make them appear government manufactured cartridges," said DCP (crime) Neeraj Thakur.

Ali was arrested from near Metro station in Seelampur where he met the decoy to supply cartridges to him. Ali was running the factory from his house at Saral Kunj in Loni.

Ali revealed to the police that he manufactured about 200 cartridges every week and sold them to people all over UP, Haryana and Delhi. He charged Rs 150 for each cartridge.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Disgraceful and shameful. Such criminals must be handed the strictest punishment.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:05 pm

These ammunition is harmful for the rifle. There are more chance of accident after firing these ammunitions.

Danish

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 pm

What I found interesting was the small scale of operation! This chap was selling just 200 rounds of ammo a week... which is really peanuts and the bust was covered by all national dailies as if the Police have captured a mafia don or something! :P

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Illegal ammunition factory unearthed

Post by jonahpach » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Supplying ammo to criminals is one thing..

But this guy is mostprobably only re-handloading empty cartridges which is absolutely legal in the US!

Most farmers in Mizoram have been handloading their own 12 bore cartridges with homemade blackpowder since I dont know when..

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:20 am

Jonah-
He cant quote the 2nd amendment , or the 5th in his defense!! ;)
Bad scene, must have been a dull week for the Gzb cops !!
I'm sure the Mizo farmers do it out of necessity and not for resale ;)
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:01 am

I can't believe they have'nt yet turned the terror angle on Mr. Ali.

Jonah, I reload my own 12ga ammo. Have been doing it since about 4 years now. Takes 5 minutes per box. Its a very enjoyable pass time, has a nice calming effect. Doesn't hurt to save some money too. ;)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:13 am

Remember, these cartridges are not for sporting purposes.Almost exclusively for use in criminal activities, robberies,murders,kidnapings and what not.Each of these rounds potentially means a life.I would not like a 6 months or 1 year imprisonment in cases like these.And with just 200 cartridges he made Rs 1,20,000 a month!

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:03 am

danish21";p="13523 wrote: These ammunition is harmful for the rifle. There are more chance of accident after firing these ammunitions.

Danish
Harmful for what????????beacause mostly these ammo are used in country made pistols.so they dont care if it pits the barrel.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:29 pm

Pit the barrel ? Thats primary school, there have been dozens of cases during elections where these idiots have fired .315 or .303 cartridges from country made pistols and rifles and the barrel has burst.

Doing your own handloading is fine by all means. Lot of people do it in India as well, but the problem is that so much misinformation on the subject that a common man would consider it illegal. A bit more clarity on shooting sports is essential. Remember we hold an Olympic Silver medal and many Asian Golds. A magazine for India shooters is very much the order and then of course thereis IFG. A mass drive to enrol members is the need of the day.

I will of course refer it to dozens of people I know when I come to Delhi and India.