Perks with a gun club membership

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
mehulkamdar

Perks with a gun club membership

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 am

Just got back from my new member orientation at my new gun club in the Chicago suburbs. I came away with a very nice multi purpose knife with the club's logo on it. In addition, I get:

1. A box of steel shot at $ 2.75 for the rest of this year whenever I need to buy ammo or shoot

2. If I reload, then a Lb of steel shot at $ 1 and 6000 wads for $ 120

3. A discount of 40% from Hoyts and a dozen other stores for gun and shooting related accessories

4. The use of the clubhouse for parties (capacity of 60) at $ 65 an hour on days on which the club is not being used (all days except Thursdays and Sundays and the second Tuesday of every month)

5. The club's barbeque grill, pizza oven and access to a local stores that supplies us any type of pizza that we want at $ 3 each for eating at the club

6. An annual members' picnic and a raffle - this year's raffle is for a converted semi auto BAR - restricted to 400 tickets for club members and their relatives and friends

7. Discounts on powder, lead shot etc for those who realod with lead. This cannot be used at our club but those who hunt would find it invaluable

8. Reloading equipment at the club is available for those who do a basic course in reloading and there is access to pressure testing equipment as well if someone has a load recipe that they would like to evaluate

All of this for $ 75 a year.

For Advertising mail webmaster
axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Perks with a gun club membership

Post by axp817 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:57 am

And access to a wealth of knowledge on hunting, firearms, and more from the fine friends you'll make at the Club. :)

Congratulations,
Naren

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:06 am

Which planet is this? ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:18 am

Mehul, how much is lead at your club ?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:50 am

Now that's what you call a club! Happy shooting!

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Mehul,

Congratulations on joining the club.As far as when this would happen with the NRAI.It has not happened in 50 years.What makes you think that it will happen any time soon.

The only solution would be either to de -politicise the NRAI and ensure that it's headed by people who are enthusiastic about shooting,or to set up another Association.

" The Lok Sabha in 1953 through a Resolution entrusted NRAI to impart training to civilians through its Rifle Associations/Clubs all over the' country." (as per the 'Intoduction' to the NRAI on the Ministry of Sports web site http://sportal.nic.in/frontdetails1.asp ... dingid=135)

The Constitution of the NRAI says this:-

Costitution of the Federation

1.NAME:

The name of the Society shall be "The National Rifle Association of India" (hereinafter called "The NRA!").

2. LOCATION:

The registered office of the NRAI will be located in the Union Territory of Delhi. At present it is located at Room No. 1116 A & B, Gate No. 26, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi-110003.

3. AIMS AND OBJECTS:

The aims and objects of the NRAI shall be:

(a) to educate the youth of the Nation in marksmanship.(Nothing concrete on this)

(b) to encourage the art and science of marksmanship throughout the Republic of India, particularly among the civil population as a healthy sport, which will also serve the purpose of self-defence as amplified below :-

(i) to ensure social welfare, public safety, law and order and National defence. ( They have failed in ensuring that the ban on the import of arms and ammunition is revoked)

(ii) to educate and train citizens in the safe and efficient handling of arms.(They do not have any such programe)

(iii) to encourage the establishment of and to regulate the activities of affiliated State Rifle Shooting Associations, All India Boards, Union Territories, District Rifle Shooting Associations, and Rifle Shooting Clubs throughout India and to co-ordinate and control their activities, through their respective Associations.(Overly active in this field)

(iv) to encourage, organise and regulate National Shooting Championship Competitions in marksmanship between teams and/or individuals throughout the Indian Union, and where feasible, not less than two competitions annually may be organised for specified age groups at the Junior and sub-junior levels. These competitions may be organised through inter-block and inter-district competitions at the National level.(By limiting the participation to only members of clubs and Associations,even this has been defeated)

(v) to make arrangements for training instructors and jury referees through the National Institute of Sports, Patiala or any similar organisation in India and abroad, to organise courses of training of civilians in marksmanship with the help of trained instructors.(If it does make arrangements doe coaching,it would again be limited to it's own members.Even these are not advertised)

(vi) to secure supplies of arms, ammunitions, shooting equipment and other accessories for the members of the NRA1.(Done only for the chosen few)

(vii) to encourage legislation for the establishment and maintenance of suitable ranges.(Are there any?)

(viii) to apply for and obtain Government grants for securing cheaper and better arms, ammunition. Shooting equipment and other accessories and expansion of shooting activities of all kinds and for organizing both National and International Shooting Championship Competitions.(Good at securing grants,but where they go,nobody knows)

(ix) to assist the Central and State Governments in the passing of the laws beneficial to preservation of wild life and natural resources. (Ha ha ha)

(x) to afford facilities for and to control the development of :(What facilities and what development)

(a) Shotgun Shooting

(b) Rifle Shooting

(c) Handgun Shooting and

(d) Such other items of marksmanship as may, from time to time, be included as thought fit by the NRAI.

(xi) to publish and issue magazines, periodicals and pamphlets to conduct and organise lectures, etc. for furthering the aims and objects of the NRAI.(Do they do anything of the sort?Furthering the aim of NRAI would also mean distribution of the literature on NRAI to peolpe who are not members.)

(xii) to solicit, obtain, accept and receive subscriptions, donations, grants, gifts and trusts from the Central or State Governments, any person, firms, corporations or institutions for the promotion of the activities of the NRAI.(The Income Tax dept. had issued notices to NRAI for keeping money in fixed deposits rather than using it for th purpose for which it was collected in the first place ie. for shooting sports)

(xiii) to acquire by gift, purchase, exchange, lease or hire or otherwise any lands, buildings and ranges and any property, movable and/or immovable and any estate or interest whatsoever.(If this has been done,it's limited to Delhi)

(xiv) to build, construct, maintain -and develop ranges and/or buildings.(?)

(xv) to borrow and raise money from Government, Banks and from any other sources, with or without security or on mortagage, charge or hypothecation or pledge over all or any of the immovable and movable properties belonging to the NRAI.(?)

(xvi) to make improvement and to afford expansion of target range facilities operated by shooting clubs and by the Government Organisations.(???????????)

(xvii) to co-ordinate inter-State activities in respect of marksmanship in all respects including the holding of inter-State tournaments and to organise National and International Shooting Competitions and other Championship Tournaments.

(xviii) to select teams to represent India and to promote control and finance visits by such teams abroad.(There have been regular controversies regarding this)

(xix) to promote, control and. if necessary, finance the visits to India of foreign teams and(When was the last time this happened)

(xx) to do all such acts, as are conducive to furtherance of the aims and objects of the NRAI.(This has been interpreted as meaning the interests of the NRAI head honcho's)

Now, anybody who is or has been associated with the NRAI,tell me how many of these objectives have been achieved or an honest effort has been made to achieve them.I have given my views in italics next to the aims and objectives of the NRAI.

penpusher

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:43 pm

penpusher

Send its copy to our Prime Minister and CC to defence minster & Home Minister. Hope by reading this their brains will start working and they will lift the ban on import of Arms & Ammunition.

Danish

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:09 pm

No words to describe the feeling....I am coming back Mehul... :D

soon.....very............soon :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...